The Best Teams Right Now

AURex

It's a long road to tournament time and a lot can happen between now than then. But at the moment,

1. Virginia looks really solid. Their style of play frustrates a lot of teams, but they can shoot the ball too.But then, in the tournament last year .... um

2. Michigan is winning, winning, winning. But but the schedule is ???

3. Well then, it's blue bloods it's "who ya got time" because Duke, Kentucky and Kansas have great talent and the long histories, but not the best performances night to night so far this year.

4. Then the next tier in the polls -- I gotta wonder. I'm wondering "Who's the competition? Are these teams really that good?" Auburn is not in this category of the current polls, so this is not about Auburn ------ yet.

.What is your take on the big picture of college BB thisa season -- at this point? A long ways to go, but by now, we should have some thoughts.

3 minutes ago, AURex said:

It's a long road to tournament time and a lot can happen between now than then. But at the moment,

1. Virginia looks really solid. Their style of play frustrates a lot of teams, but they can shoot the ball too.But then, in the tournament last year .... um

2. Michigan is winning, winning, winning. But but the schedule is ???

3. Well then, it's blue bloods it's "who ya got time" because Duke, Kentucky and Kansas have great talent and the long histories, but not the best performances night to night so far this year.

4. Then the next tier in the polls -- I gotta wonder. I'm wondering "Who's the competition? Are these teams really that good?" Auburn is not in this category of the current polls, so this is not about Auburn ------ yet.

.What is your take on the big picture of college BB thisa season -- at this point? A long ways to go, but by now, we should have some thoughts.

Tennessee can beat anybody. Nevada and gonzaga are good. Kansas and Duke looked very good to me but they caught injuries to their major players. Michigan st is very solid. And the teams that are relying on young talent will get better exponentially every game they play so by the end of the year a team like North Carolina could be very dangerous so that means Duke has a bunch of room to grow. That's scary.

Of course the one-and-done switch flipped for UK Saturday and I expect them to be good down the stretch. Virginia is legit, handling Cameron Indoor very well Saturday. Cole covered the rest of the legit contenders. And for AU to even enter the discussion, they have to up thier defense and find a scorer who can take the ball to the rim. The first is possible, the second looks unlikely. 

Tennessee definitely looks like the team to beat this year in the SEC. As UK continues to improve, the conference will come down to those two teams. Duke is scary with the two frosh playing lights out. They and UVA rule the ACC. I'm not convinced *yet* that Gonzaga can beat any of those teams come tourney time. I haven't seen Nevada play. But, wow, what happened to Kansas this season? They'll likely win their conference, but they sure aren't playing up to their typical standard.

Think they are missing their key big guy.....Azibuke  or something like that. making a big difference

Archived