Updated: Roe v. Wade overturned

AUDub

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And speaking of "opinion and attitude", exactly what gives you the right to dictate to a woman what is "needless" regarding her choice to get an abortion?

I do not have that right. Recall the conversation. You gave your opinion of Dubs “anti-abortionist”. Only your opinion. Warped due to your view of things I suppose. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I do not have that right. Recall the conversation. You gave your opinion of Dubs “anti-abortionist”. Only your opinion. Warped due to your view of things I suppose. 

Ah, so your only point is I am posting my opinion.    BRILLIANT!    But why single me out?  Isn't that true of everyone who participates in this forum? :dunno:

And I don't suppose you are interested in explaining why you think "my view of things" is "warped"?   What things?  And what about my view of them is "warped"?

Or was that just another generalized (and brilliant) observation about everyone's opinion? ;D  :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

SCOTUS just overturned the lemon test for the establishment of religion. This really is topsy-turvy world.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am sorry, I am not sure what you are saying????

Bruh, stop being dumb, your grammar is genuinely messed up on the other comment so I was genuinely trying to figure out what you were asking me. Literally acting like a child.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

More of a reductio ad absurdum, and not in and of itself a fallacy. 

A strawman requires misrepresentation. 

True

13 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I think Miranda is narrower than its succession of cases have ruled, based on the majority opinion.  

Could you explain why you think Miranda is narrower than its succession of cases have ruled?

11 minutes ago, Didba said:

SCOTUS just overturned the lemon test for the establishment of religion. This really is topsy-turvy world.

Sotomayor's dissent is another good one. The gulf between what the court's conservatives say he was doing and what he was actually doing is enormous. Sotomayor pointed that out. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Sotomayor's dissent is another good one. The gulf between what the court's conservatives say he was doing and what he was actually doing is enormous. Sotomayor pointed that out. 

Law professors/lawyers everywhere just getting whiplash

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

So, apparently, your belief that a fertilized egg is an autonomous human being is actually contingent on your arbitrary opinion regarding rape, incest and the relative importance of the mother's life.

So, why should your opinion take precedence over the woman's opinion, who is after all, the principal in this?

How about the unborn child?

• Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Sir, you shouldn't answer a question with a question. It's rather disingenuous and just shows bad faith.

Edited by Didba
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Didba said:

Sir, you shouldn't answer a question with a question. It's rather ingenious and just shows bad faith.

How’s that our resident lawyer?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

How’s that our resident lawyer?

It's pretty self-explanatory why ignoring a question someone asked during a discussion and answering with another question is bad faith/disingenuous.  It just shows you aren't even trying to have a real discussion of ideas and opinions.

You could have easily responded with an answer to his question and then asked your own question unless you don't have an answer to his question thus responded with your own question to deflect.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

It's pretty self-explanatory why ignoring a question someone asked during a discussion and answering with another question is bad faith/disingenuous.  It just shows you aren't even trying to have a real discussion of ideas and opinions.

You could have easily responded with an answer to his question and then asked your own question unless you don't have an answer to his question thus responded with your own question to deflect.

Oh, I see. I guess that is how they trained you in law school. Are you a Miles law school grad?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Ah, so your only point is I am posting my opinion.    BRILLIANT!    But why single me out?  Isn't that true of everyone who participates in this forum? :dunno:

And I don't suppose you are interested in explaining why you think "my view of things" is "warped"?   What things?  And what about my view of them is "warped"?

Or was that just another generalized (and brilliant) observation about everyone's opinion? ;D  :-\

You were singled out because you vocalized and elaborated your narrow minded one way biased opinion of Bens response to my post. 

4 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Oh, I see. I guess that is how they trained you in law school. Are you a Miles law school grad?

No, Houston Law, but nice personal attack, really mature of you.

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

You're saying  you're against abortion except for cases of rape, incest, and risk to the mothers life. 

How is this a consistent belief? Does the unborn "child's" life or "opinion" matter less if it's conceived because of rape or incest? Why is it's life not deemed as valuable as the mothers life? 

Why do you believe so strongly that abortion is wrong except for these specific situations that you apparently deem it appropriate/acceptable? 

What is your justification for this? 

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You're saying  you're against abortion except for cases of rape, incest, and risk to the mothers life. 

How is this a consistent belief? Does the unborn "child's" life or "opinion" matter less if it's conceived because of rape or incest? Why is it's life not deemed as valuable as the mothers life? 

Why do you believe so strongly that abortion is wrong except for these specific situations that you apparently deem it appropriate/acceptable? 

I don't know what the justification is for he/she but I am in the same boat to a certain degree. I do not support using abortion as birth control past 15/20 weeks. Outside of that I do support morning after, instances of rape/incest and life of the mother....but it's an opinion/personal stance. I am not opposed to listening and/or considering other options. I just wish society cared as much for the living as they do about the unborn. If society universally respected one another a lot more we could move past a lot of problems. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

No, Houston Law, but nice personal attack, really mature of you.

Not a personal attack, you just didn’t seem like a Cumberland or UA law grad.  I deal with lawyers every day. At one time, I had five on my board. Now it is down to two.

6 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Not a personal attack, you just didn’t seem like a Cumberland or UA law grad.  I deal with lawyers every day. At one time, I had five on my board. Now it is down to two.

Insinuating that I graduated from a law school that isn't accredited by the ABA is a personal attack, don't try and act like it wasn't. 

I am also 26, and a pretty progressive white man in Texas so yeah I am probably not like the lawyers you have had on your board.

Edited by Didba

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

Insinuating that I graduated from a law school that isn't accredited by the ABA is a personal attack, don't try and act like it wasn't. 

I am also 26, and a pretty progressive white man in Texas so yeah I am probably not like the lawyers you have had on your board.

I am sorry you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or woke up mad at the world. Let’s see if a little humor will help.

Do you know why lawyers are buried 20’ underground compared to 6’ for all others?

Because lawyers, real deep down, are good folks!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I am sorry you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or woke up mad at the world. Let’s see if a little humor will help.

Do you know why lawyers are buried 20’ underground compared to 6’ for all others?

That's actually pretty good, apologies, I did seem to wake up more ornery than usual this morning.  Some days are rougher than others I suppose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Thanks for the “like” instead of a face palm!

You are probably a very bright young man with a good future and career ahead of you.

Best Wishes!

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Not your concern.

Now how about answering my question?

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Sex should always be consensual AND between a married man and woman. Rape or incest is not consensual and is conceived out of violence or intimidation. Why should a woman/girl be required to carry this  pregnancy to term if the abortion is done early on. The life of the mother needs no explanation.

Abortion has been used as birth control . There are many other alternatives, people need to take personal responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

You were singled out because you vocalized and elaborated your narrow minded one way biased opinion of Bens response to my post. 

Now it's narrow minded. (Is that the same as "warped"?)

So what was narrow minded about it?

Edited by homersapien