Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

20 hours ago, DAG said:

This is* what I agree with. Everyone is freaking out about this schedule but I especially think UF and Oregon are overhyped. I think the Aggies are a fringe team. The same with freaking LSU. The have been beatable the last couple of years now. UGA and Bama are bigger issues.

Which would make losing to them even worse.  Like people said it is not losing that pisses people off it is how we lose games by being completely dominated.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/4/2019 at 11:58 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

have a new coach and may be looking for a new president

i might get nekkid and dance in the street if that happens.....i might actually become interested in football again....i have to be honest, i do enjoy winning 30 basketball games a lot more than winning 6/7 football games a year...amazing what having a competent coach can do for you

22 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

So in some universe where Gus wins double-digit games the next couple of years and starts to turn things around, do the boosters get on board?  I guess I'm asking if there's any scenario in which the boosters start to back a Gus regime.

I find myself hoping that we could somehow win double-digit games the next couple of years and turn things around, but the way recruiting is going I just don't see how that is going to be possible. I think 2019 might be the best chance to have a great season although the schedule is very tough. Next year will feature a completely rebuilt offensive line and some losses on defense. I read a comment in another forum that rings true with me. Paraphrasing that here, "If Gus lasts thru the 2021 season because of the buyout, he will leave behind a roster that could not beat Troy". 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, auburnphan said:

Which would make losing to them even worse.  Like people said it is not losing that pisses people off it is how we lose games by being completely dominated.

Or worse... by the games that were close, thanks to the defense, but the HC/Offensive Guru allowing Offensive failure through silliness (see Clemson '16) or failure in preparation (again Clemson '17) or mentally passing gas (LSU '17) or wetting himself because the team across the field has a "G" on their helmet and wears red & black ('14, '15, '16, 17 *part deaux* & '18).  Not to mention wins that we came away feeling something is very wrong (often proving true as the season bore on) such as J'ville St, Louisville, Mercer, etc.

As we "critics" say, we don't expect to win every game....but we do expect the Auburn Tigers to never be mistaken for the South Central Louisiana State Mud Dogs.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, auburnphan said:

Guess my memory is getting faulty but I can't recall us being "dominated" and I guess you mean because we did not give good effort.  But even against superior teams like UGa and bama not that long ago, ...both #1 and yet somehow with much inferior talent, we managed to beat them both in three weeks.   JMO but domination is what AU did to Purdue which was a 3.5 point underdog...and lost by 100...or it could have been 100 if AU had wanted to do that to them. 

I do hate to see us lose games that look like they should be won...but generally I don't recall seeing one of Gus's teams give up in a game....even games that look lost like the TAMU game last year.    We lose some games that are hard to explain but we also win some that are defy the odds...and that's always nice..... 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess my memory is getting faulty but I can't recall us being "dominated" and I guess you mean because we did not give good effort.

Yes, your memory is faulty. Or at least clouded by your agenda. What an insulting thing to say about these players.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Guess my memory is getting faulty but I can't recall us being "dominated" and I guess you mean because we did not give good effort.  But even against superior teams like UGa and bama not that long ago, ...both #1 and yet somehow with much inferior talent, we managed to beat them both in three weeks.   JMO but domination is what AU did to Purdue which was a 3.5 point underdog...and lost by 100...or it could have been 100 if AU had wanted to do that to them. 

I do hate to see us lose games that look like they should be won...but generally I don't recall seeing one of Gus's teams give up in a game....even games that look lost like the TAMU game last year.    We lose some games that are hard to explain but we also win some that are defy the odds...and that's always nice..... 

I'd like to know what your definition of 'domination' is. I think last year's Iron Bowl, a 31 point ass kicking qualifies. Bama could have hung 60+ if they wanted but they let up and Gus also just tried to run out the clock to keep Bama from getting a chance to hang 60+.

2014 UGA 34-7
2015 LSU 45-21
2016 Bama 30-12
2016 Oklahoma 35-19(we scored a garbage TD as time expired)
2017 SEC Championship UGA 28-7
2018 Bama 52-21

We have at least one game each year that we get dominated and the game ends up lopsided. The games may have been competitive for a half but we end up getting routed and dominated by the time the game is over. 

11 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'd like to know what your definition of 'domination' is. I think last year's Iron Bowl, a 31 point ass kicking qualifies. Bama could have hung 60+ if they wanted but they let up and Gus also just tried to run out the clock to keep Bama from getting a chance to hang 60+.

2014 UGA 34-7
2015 LSU 45-21
2016 Bama 30-12
2016 Oklahoma 35-19(we scored a garbage TD as time expired)
2017 SEC Championship UGA 28-7
2018 Bama 52-21

We have at least one game each year that we get dominated and the game ends up lopsided. The games may have been competitive for a half but we end up getting routed and dominated by the time the game is over. 

you make some good points though that second UGa game turned on two fumbles....one deep in UGa territory when AU was controlling the game...but last year's bama game was bad. for sure. 

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Questioning player effort shows who you are.  You might wanna make an appointment with a dementia/Alzheimer's doctor.  BEING TERRIBLE AND WINNING IN THE END IS EXCITING BUT IS NOT WHAT OR HOW A WINNING PROGRAM PERFORMS,

45 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Questioning player effort shows who you are.  You might wanna make an appointment with a dementia/Alzheimer's doctor.  BEING TERRIBLE AND WINNING IN THE END IS EXCITING BUT IS NOT WHAT OR HOW A WINNING PROGRAM PERFORMS,

Winnings the end is just fine....loved kick 6 and Ricardo lewis's catch and the field goal to win the BCS game.  Losing at the end after playing well is a pisser....the FSU game...and the Kiffen kick for example....

trust you were trying to be humorous about the doctor....bad effort...😡

We got dominated pretty bad last year by Mississippi State. Couldn’t score a touch down, gave up 300 yards rushing, loss by two touchdowns and out gained by more than 100 yards. Miss state is nowhere near close to us in talent level.

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

You might wanna make an appointment with a dementia/Alzheimer's doctor.

I know you didn't mean any malice behind it, but if you don't make jokes about that I would be very appreciative.  And I ask that with all of the respect in the world to you.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

We got dominated pretty bad last year by Mississippi State. Couldn’t score a touch down, gave up 300 yards rushing, loss by two touchdowns and out gained by more than 100 yards. Miss state is nowhere near close to us in talent level.

THANK YOU!

AU coaches refused to adjust or change the scheme to stop Nick Fitz from running up the gut over and over,  that QB gained more yard on his own legs than probably any QB Auburn has faced.  AU couldn't score a TD to save their lives that game.

And then to watch the piss poor coaching/game plan the following week vs Tennessee in JHS was sickening.  Those are two teams had 1st yr HC's and much less talent than AU put on the field.  Then follow all that up with the IB where our HC intentionally ran out the clock so that uat wouldn't rack up even more points.  :puke:

20 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

So in this ^^^ meeting there is no discussion of facility upgrades even on the agenda?

Meanwhile, I saw on the local news this morning that the BOT across the State is meeting today as well.  On their agenda, they plan to add another $17MM to their budget for facility renovations & upgrades (primarily football) which will be completed in 15 months.

Yet the AU BOT wants to compare what other programs are doing and then wait and see how the football season pans out before they'll address anything?

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

THANK YOU!

AU coaches refused to adjust or change the scheme to stop Nick Fitz from running up the gut over and over,  that QB gained more yard on his own legs than probably any QB Auburn has faced.  AU couldn't score a TD to save their lives that game.

And then to watch the piss poor coaching/game plan the following week vs Tennessee in JHS was sickening.  Those are two teams with 1st yr HC's and much less talent that we put on the field.  Then follow all that up with the IB where our HC intentionally ran out the clock so that uat wouldn't rack up even more points.  :puke:

My theory on MSU is that CKS went with a bend-don't-break approach when he realized that Gus had no interest in scoring. The players on D eventually got fed up. That second half and the UT game were the only times where there actually was a lack of effort IMO. Everything else was pure coaching ineptitude on offense. 

30 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

What is everyone so darn afraid of that prevents them from talking about these things in meetings? 

12 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

What is everyone so darn afraid of that prevents them from talking about these things in meetings? 

The BOT has been running the old bait and switch on the fan base for years now.  They'll allow the AD to entice us with drawings, plans, grand ideas and let it leak out to the media so that we think they are really working. 

How many times did the AD have to "go back to the drawing board", or execute another feasibility study?  ADGreene has been on the fundraising trail for months now trying to get $$ together and then when he actually has pledges in place for funding the damn BOT wants to compare our plans to what other programs have done?  And the BOT may even want to see how the '19 season turns out before they'll even allow the AD to come forward with a plan for approval?

This has drug on for years.  The prime time to do major projects would've been in the wake of the 2010 NC and then again after the 2013 NC appearance.  The PTB have let that prime time pass by and now we see we have a HC that averages 5 losses/yr and folks still won't budge. 

Auburn Trustees offer support for Football Performance Facility

ByMark Murphy
8722402.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Gus Malzahn has been head coach of the Tigers since 2013. (Photo: Adam Sparks, Inside the AuburnTigers/AUTigers.com, 247Sports)

AUBURN, Alabama--At Friday's Auburn University Board of  Trustees meeting officials offered support for what they called a "Football Performance Facility" and Auburn's head football coach, Gus Malzahn, attended the meeting to ask for the facility to be built.

"We all agree we need to do it," said board member Charles McCrarywho said the project was discussed in a committee meeting prior to the board meeting and there is general consensus the facility needs to be built as soon as possible. No formal vote was taken on the project, but the direction of the board to President Steven Leath was to make the project a priority.

"Dr. Leath, board of trustees, I really appreciate your support for this project," Malzahn told the group. "It is not big just now, currently, but more importantly for the future and it will allow us to continue to have a good chance to compete for championships so this is really big. I really appreciate the support."

*** Get 30% off as a subscriber to get the latest Auburn recruiting and team scoops ***

*** Get FREE Auburn breaking news in your inbox ***

Following his comments to the board Malzahn left the meeting. He said he will discuss the project more at a later time, but it was currently not appropriate for him to say more than he said on Friday. The head coach has pledged $2 million of his own money for the project.

Trustee McCrary, who is from Birmingham, noted that the project is needed to support "our team" as well as "our coach" and Auburn. The athletic department and Tigers Unlimited are currently raising funds for the project, which is estimated to cost between $60-$80 million to have a facility competitive with other programs around the Southeastern Conference.

Currently, there are a large variety of construction projects on the AU campus. Officials said there is 1.3 million square feet of buildings in various stages of construction.

Also at the meeting the board commended Athletic Director Allen Greene for the athletic and academic performance of men's and women's teams during the 2018-19 academic year.

-----------------------

Wake me up when we break ground. Talk is cheap. Show me we're making progress, don't tell me. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

The BOT has been running the old bait and switch on the fan base for years now.  They'll allow the AD to entice us with drawings, plans, grand ideas and let it leak out to the media so that we think they are really working. 

How many times did the AD have to "go back to the drawing board", or execute another feasibility study?  ADGreene has been on the fundraising trail for months now trying to get $$ together and then when he actually has pledges in place for funding the damn BOT wants to compare our plans to what other programs have done?  And the BOT may even want to see how the '19 season turns out before they'll even allow the AD to come forward with a plan for approval?

This has drug on for years.  The prime time to do major projects would've been in the wake of the 2010 NC and then again after the 2013 NC appearance.  The PTB have let that prime time pass by and now we see we have a HC that averages 5 losses/yr and folks still won't budge. 

And waiting to see how 2019 turns out is a stupid way to approach this. This should be about the future of Auburn, not the future of Gus, and these Bozos still can't figure it out. If Gus fails and he's out we will still need the facility. Do they think another coach would just say no thanks, I'm good with what we have. Our problem is not whether or not Gus is a championship coach. Our problem us that we do not have a championship BOT or President. 

21 hours ago, AU64 said:

Can’t recall us being dominated? Lol. 

3 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Auburn Trustees offer support for Football Performance Facility

ByMark Murphy
8722402.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Gus Malzahn has been head coach of the Tigers since 2013. (Photo: Adam Sparks, Inside the AuburnTigers/AUTigers.com, 247Sports)

AUBURN, Alabama--At Friday's Auburn University Board of  Trustees meeting officials offered support for what they called a "Football Performance Facility" and Auburn's head football coach, Gus Malzahn, attended the meeting to ask for the facility to be built.

"We all agree we need to do it," said board member Charles McCrarywho said the project was discussed in a committee meeting prior to the board meeting and there is general consensus the facility needs to be built as soon as possible. No formal vote was taken on the project, but the direction of the board to President Steven Leath was to make the project a priority.

"Dr. Leath, board of trustees, I really appreciate your support for this project," Malzahn told the group. "It is not big just now, currently, but more importantly for the future and it will allow us to continue to have a good chance to compete for championships so this is really big. I really appreciate the support."

*** Get 30% off as a subscriber to get the latest Auburn recruiting and team scoops ***

*** Get FREE Auburn breaking news in your inbox ***

Following his comments to the board Malzahn left the meeting. He said he will discuss the project more at a later time, but it was currently not appropriate for him to say more than he said on Friday. The head coach has pledged $2 million of his own money for the project.

Trustee McCrary, who is from Birmingham, noted that the project is needed to support "our team" as well as "our coach" and Auburn. The athletic department and Tigers Unlimited are currently raising funds for the project, which is estimated to cost between $60-$80 million to have a facility competitive with other programs around the Southeastern Conference.

Currently, there are a large variety of construction projects on the AU campus. Officials said there is 1.3 million square feet of buildings in various stages of construction.

Also at the meeting the board commended Athletic Director Allen Greene for the athletic and academic performance of men's and women's teams during the 2018-19 academic year.

-----------------------

Wake me up when we break ground. Talk is cheap. Show me we're making progress, don't tell me. 

THANK YOU Coach for stepping up and voicing your concerns.  Great job CGM!

Archived