Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Winning cures all.  10 wins or bust for me.  I think a lot of teams are overhyped due to their coaches.  In the end LSU, UGA, and Bama will decide this season.  Florida and TaMu are replacing a lot of pieces, Bama is replacing its entire coaching staff, UGA new coordinators as well and 1 injured Fromm away from trouble.  If Auburn can be in the Championship convo till Amen Corner than I’d say Auburn and Gus will be getting some new facilities.

This is* what I agree with. Everyone is freaking out about this schedule but I especially think UF and Oregon are overhyped. I think the Aggies are a fringe team. The same with freaking LSU. The have been beatable the last couple of years now. UGA and Bama are bigger issues.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm with you. I say 8 wins should be considered a dud. It should not happen often. Unfortunately Gus has brought us to a place where 8 wins is the norm.

A long time ago, it seems like getting 8 wins would be enough to keep you from getting fired here. However, we are now a program that competes for, and recruits with eye on SEC championships and CFP births. 2010 started a new era for Auburn football and it's a shame that there are still some stragglers in our fanbase that can't keep their expectations up with the new chapter of the program.

A program with 2 national title births and winning one should never be letting their coach get away with multiple 8 wins (or less) seasons in their tenure. And most certainly not one with the pay that Gus is pulling in. 

Gus has forced fans to lower expectations and further forced them to make a myriad of excuses of why he can't up the tally in the W column.  

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My guess would be leverage. They want Gus out, so they keep the checkbook closed until he's gone. 

Are they cutting off the nose to spite the face? Perhaps. But it's not entirely illogical IMO.

Also, that might answer the "when" question, but I agree that one would think we'd have a general idea of the "how" and "what" by now. That shouldn't have anything to do with Gus. Unless they offered something up and he shot it down. I feel like I heard somebody say that he wants to design the damn thing himself. Which would sound crazy if we were talking about just about any other coach. 

It's not crazy.  Saw where his plans were leaked to the internet....

Waffle House exterior.jpeg

26 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

It's not crazy.  Saw where his plans were leaked to the internet....

Waffle House exterior.jpeg

"Why's it on stilts, Coach?"

"Defense will never expect it. They'll be looking for a door at ground level while we walk right up the stairs."

"Defense?"

"....."

"Huh. Ok. So Coach, I'm pretty sure everyone who approaches the building can clearly see that there is no door at ground level and that they will need to use the stairs to enter the restaurant."

"Yeah, we're looking at adding more stairs."

"More... stairs? Coach, I don't think you... I mean... that would just mean that you would have to walk up more stairs."

"There's no doubt."

"Coach, have you actually consulted with an architect or anyone involved in construction?"

"I'm calling the plays this year."

"Are you okay?"

"Good week of practice."

"Okay, I think we're done here."

"We're not done until these receivers learn how to block."

"Please stop talking."

49 minutes ago, keesler said:

Gus has forced fans to lower expectations and further forced them to make a myriad of excuses of why he can't up the tally in the W column.  

I have a theory that this malaise we all feel is due to five games: UGA in '15 and '16, LSU in '17 and '18, and Tennessee in '18. We had leads in every one of those games and they all got away. Now we mope on internet forums wondering what new and creative ways we can lose games. Watching the last 7 minutes of the A&M game last year was shocking because Gus teams never rally like that in the fourth quarter and every one of us knew the fourth quarter fade was happening.

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Defense will never expect it. They'll be looking for a door at ground level while we walk right up the stairs."

"Defense?"

"....."

"Huh. Ok. So Coach, I'm pretty sure everyone who approaches the building can clearly see that there is no door at ground level and that they will need to use the stairs to enter the restaurant."

"Yeah, we're looking at adding more stairs."

"More... stairs? Coach, I don't think you... I mean... that would just mean that you would have to walk up more stairs."

"There's no doubt."

"Coach, have you actually consulted with an architect or anyone involved in construction?"

"I'm calling the plays this year."

"Are you okay?"

"Good week of practice."

"Okay, I think we're done here."

"We're not done until these receivers learn how to block."

"Please stop talking."

A for...effort. 

10 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I have a theory that this malaise we all feel is due to five games: UGA in '15 and '16, LSU in '17 and '18, and Tennessee in '18. We had leads in every one of those games and they all got away. Now we mope on internet forums wondering what new and creative ways we can lose games. Watching the last 7 minutes of the A&M game last year was shocking because Gus teams never rally like that in the fourth quarter and every one of us knew the fourth quarter fade was happening.

Add in both Clemson games too...and all but the Purdue bowl game 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes I am one of the fans who think it is doable to win 9 games a year . Every once in a while I get having down years but these consistent 8 win seasons with sprinkled in superb years won’t cut it. Especially when our rivals are going strong it seems..

I agree, a 9 win regular season should be the minimum. If we exclude the Big 3 games with LSU, UGa and bama,  it means you have to win the other 9. So you can't throw away any of those 9 games and have a good season. Then if you win 1 of the remaining Big 3 games you have 10 wins, 2 is 11, etc. 

20 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I agree, a 9 win regular season should be the minimum. If we exclude the Big 3 games with LSU, UGa and bama,  it means you have to win the other 9. So you can't throw away any of those 9 games and have a good season. Then if you win 1 of the remaining Big 3 games you have 10 wins, 2 is 11, etc. 

That big 3 has expanded to 4

Let's just face it guys. With Saban and Jimbo and Kirby on the schedule every year, it doesn't matter who AU hires. It's always going to impossible until three of the best coaches in the country get off our schedule. Let's just focus pour all of our financial resources into basketball now. It's for the best

57 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Let's just face it guys. With Saban and Jimbo and Kirby on the schedule every year, it doesn't matter who AU hires. It's always going to impossible until three of the best coaches in the country get off our schedule. Let's just focus pour all of our financial resources into basketball now. It's for the best

Maybe Auburn’s rise to prominence and draft output will spur more fans to the NBA board. 

@WFE12, @abw0004, @aubearcat, @cole256 and I sure get lonely in there  😩 

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don’t know if I would put Kirby Smart in there just yet.  

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Maybe Auburn’s rise to prominence and draft output will spur more fans to the NBA board. 

Hey it’s like our little cozy section of the forum we run without interference!

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I don’t know if I would put Kirby Smart in there just yet.  

Hey it’s like our little cozy section of the forum we run without interference!

We officially passed 100 pages though. Thread is going big and we haven’t had a player drafted since .... 😂

37 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve been absent lately like my Celtics. I will say because my wife and kids are fans of GS, I’m hoping for a 3 p3at. 

7 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Great examples but it's more than that. Since 2015 most fans can see the writing on the wall before halftime and it's been frustrating to watch in losses and wins

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The answer Gus couldn't divulge was "That was at the request of the big money boosters. Something about me being in over my head." 

16 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

My malaise takes a much broader view over an extended period of time, the man has lost 25 games in the last 5 yrs.  The man is in over his head for this job.

16 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

OT vs Jax St (they had a great chance of beating us in regulation but chose to play for OT instead)
uga
(This is not even counting 5 division losses. We all just kind of accepted that QB1 was a massive bust, that WR1 went crazy and got himself kicked off the team, that RB1 was "injured", and that we were just a terrible team in year 3 of Gus's tenure and that he gets a mulligan because of November 2013.)

Clemson
TAMU
uga
bama
OU (A stark reminder of what actual offensive genius looks like.)

Clemson
LSU
uga II
UCF

LSU
MSU
UT
uga
bama 

All humiliating. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Another good video:

Lot of truth here. Little difference and it's a AU problem, the last AD pissed away so much money that the people with money are hesitant with their cash now. uga, bama, lsu & A&M's AD didn't piss away the money like AU's ex-AD did. No even close. At one point the Auburn AD had 19 to 1 people vs athletes working. 19-1. When the other schools may have 5 to1. And we are talking high paying jobs. The people in charge did not tote their weight. Add in the fact that that the football head coach is a beta when it comes to asking for things and is so disliked becuase of his own actions and stubbornness. Here we are.

The AD pres and one prominent board member get bent over on a contract.  The other people with cash see / saw this and boom, nothing has or will change. AU is going to have to do what uga and A&M did. Hire a coach who has what Smart and Fisher have. Balls and vision. Not this and I will steal this from this guy in the video, a coach who has the kick the can down the road mentality that Gus has. And that is what Gus is.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Another good video:

Is Jimmy Sexton backing this series?

41 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The AD pres and one prominent board member get bent over on a contract.

Small point of correction. There was no AD when the new contract was made. AD Greene was hired 2 months later.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Small point of correction. There was no AD when the new contract was made. AD Greene was hired 2 months later.

Meant to type AU pres. Not AD. Doing this while on a dang conference call.

So in some universe where Gus wins double-digit games the next couple of years and starts to turn things around, do the boosters get on board?  I guess I'm asking if there's any scenario in which the boosters start to back a Gus regime.

Archived