Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

On 6/5/2019 at 10:19 AM, auburnphan said:

Which would make losing to them even worse.  Like people said it is not losing that pisses people off it is how we lose games by being completely dominated.

And with an idiotic gameplan to boot.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Everybody does not realize what they had till it is gone. 

lowder.jpg

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everybody does not realize what they had till it is gone. 

lowder.jpg

So who is the guy or guys that are negative to the FOF priority? 

I’m assuming Gus and Greene are for its speedy need. 

And is it only a political issue now w the abortion issue affecting donor commitment or is it more than that?

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

And with an idiotic gameplan to boot.

The only idiotic gameplan that I know of is making decisions about the program based on the possibility of a buyout next year. If you don’t set Gus up to have success, the team and the overall program isn’t set up for success either. 

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The only idiotic gameplan that I know of is making decisions about the program based on the possibility of a buyout next year. If you don’t set Gus up to have success, the team and the overall program isn’t set up for success either. 

giphy.gif

Folks can't make up their minds

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus was set up for success at the end of the 2017 season.  He had a new contract, a returning QB for the 2nd time in his career at Auburn, a great defense and senior leadership.  Auburn is debating whether to throw good money after bad.  Totally understandable.  There is no rush to spend money.  It’s up to Gus this year, quit blaming Auburn.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus was set up for success at the end of the 2017 season.  He had a new contract, a returning QB for the 2nd time in his career at Auburn, a great defense and senior leadership.  Auburn is debating whether to throw good money after bad.  Totally understandable.  There is no rush to spend money.  It’s up to Gus this year, quit blaming Auburn.

You're forgetting the O line play through half of the season that did him no favors. 

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

You're forgetting the O line play through half of the season that did him no favors. 

Gus had 6 years to address that problem. No, I haven’t forgotten.   Part of his problem is he can’t seem to manage all of the facets of his job at the same time.

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus was set up for success at the end of the 2017 season.

Is Gus not the coach this year? Should support him just the same.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus had 6 years to address that problem. No, I haven’t forgotten.   Part of his problem is he can’t seem to manage all of the facets of his job at the same time.

Yes. I wasn't disagreeing. With everything you mentioned plus the hype of a top 10 start only a few people noticed the OL problems early on.

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Is Gus not the coach this year? Should support him just the same.

The point being, if Gus was set up for success in 2017 and failed to achieve that success, it would not be smart of Auburn to pour more money into an investment until Gus proves he can succeed with the tools he has already received.  Basically, it’s time to apply perineal pressure or get off the pot.

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And I can't believe how people fall for that excuse. 

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point being, if Gus was set up for success in 2017 and failed to achieve that success, it would not be smart of Auburn to pour more money into an investment until Gus proves he can succeed with the tools he has already received.  

Like I said, this isn’t just a Gus thing. This is a state of the program thing. From day one did Bruce walk into Beard-Eaves or Auburn Arena? Auburn Arena wasn’t built in support of Lebo. It was built with a vision of better basketball and a home court advantage. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Like I said, this isn’t just a Gus thing. This is a state of the program thing. From day one did Bruce walk into Beard-Eaves or Auburn Arena? Auburn Arena wasn’t built in support of Lebo. It was built with a vision of better basketball and a home court advantage. 

I’m not sure of the negotiations at the time the Auburn Arena was decided on, but I would think Auburn decided to support the basketball program for the future and since Lebo didn’t take full advantage of the situation, he was fired.  This leaves the program with a state of the art facility.  I don’t think Lebo was supported the way Gus has been prior to Lebo’s departure.

There still is a desire to see results from the support given before more support is offered.  A lot riding on this season.  Hoping for the best.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not sure of the negotiations at the time the Auburn Arena was decided on, but I would think Auburn decided to support the basketball program for the future and since Lebo didn’t take full advantage of the situation, he was fired.  This leaves the program with a state of the art facility.  I don’t think Lebo was supported the way Gus has been prior to Lebo’s departure.

There still is a desire to see results from the support given before more support is offered.  A lot riding on this season.  Hoping for the best.

My thing before I shut up or else be redundant about it is it’s not a “support Gus” type of endorsement. It’s a “support Auburn” thing that Gus may not ever get to utilize for his cause if he ends up getting fired. If he does get fired at least we are not another year behind in the arms race in the SEC. 

War Eagle  🦅 

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

My thing before I shut up or else be redundant about it is it’s not a “support Gus” type of endorsement. It’s a “support Auburn” thing that Gus may not ever get to utilize for his cause if he ends up getting fired. If he does get fired at least we are not another year behind in the arms race in the SEC. 

War Eagle  🦅 

Agree 💯 This shouldn’t have anything to do with CGM success or failure! It’s all about keeping up with the “Jones’” in our league. If you base these things on today you’ll forfeit the future and get even more behind! War Eagle 🦅 

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Agree 💯 This shouldn’t have anything to do with CGM success or failure! It’s all about keeping up with the “Jones’” in our league. If you base these things on today you’ll forfeit the future and get even more behind! War Eagle 🦅 

Could it be that Auburn is holding the announcement back until either Gus proves himself or as an incentive to draw a highly touted new coach next year?  Oh the possibilities.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

War Eagle  🦅 

Whether a Gus supporter or Gus critic, I don't see how anyone can disagree with this post.  Support Auburn's future, whether it's for Gus or the next HC.  If anyone wants Gus gone, then they surely want the next HC to be in full position to start successfully.  I think we ALL can agree on that.

War Eagle!

2 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

If we started today, how long before it's finished? A year, maybe two? They need to get off their butts and cranked up..

I would think 2 at the minimum.  I've seen smaller projects take longer.

13 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

If we started today, how long before it's finished? A year, maybe two? They need to get off their butts and cranked up..

Auburn is pretty quick about getting things built.  The Village, Arena, and student dorms were up really quickly.  However, speed isn’t always a good thing.  The Village was supposed to last 50+ years and already had foundation issues in the first year.  Auburn sued the construction company because of it.  

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, aujeff11 said:

War Eagle  🦅 

I could not agree more. What do the decisions on long term capital investments in the Auburn football program have to do with who the present coach may be ? They don't. We need the football only facility no matter who the coach is 1, 2 or 5 years from now. The BOT's short term thinking is doing nothing to improve the long term success of the program. Why do they need Greene to bring them comparisons to other programs' FOFs now after they already sent him out to raise the money ? They should already know what is being done at other programs. If not get in your car and have your driver take you instead of moving the goalposts. 

20 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Auburn is pretty quick about getting things built.  The Village, Arena, and student dorms were up really quickly.  However, speed isn’t always a good thing.  The Village was supposed to last 50+ years and already had foundation issues in the first year.  Auburn sued the construction company because of it.  

I was in the first class that got to live in the village. Really nice dorms compared to what else we had at the time. I did CWE in Broun Hall and thought I was going to come home with Cholera. 

16 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I could not agree more. What do the decisions on long term capital investments in the Auburn football program have to do with who the present coach may be ? They don't. We need the football only facility no matter who the coach is 1, 2 or 5 years from now. The BOT's short term thinking is doing nothing to improve the long term success of the program. Why do they need Greene to bring them comparisons to other programs' FOFs now after they already sent him out to raise the money ? They should already know what is being done at other programs. If not get in your car and have your driver take you instead of moving the goalposts. 

This group of BOT's has had the goalposts on wheels for years now and they're still kicking this can down the road. 

They could've taken it upon themselves to visit other neighboring programs to view their facilities, and see them in person.  Hell, they could go to the Falcons program or Saints, etc and see what the pro's have to offer.  SMH

35 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I was in the first class that got to live in the village. Really nice dorms compared to what else we had at the time. I did CWE in Broun Hall and thought I was going to come home with Cholera. 

I was too, Aubie Hall!

Archived