WarTiger

2 hours ago, looney said:

How. Did. We. Win. This. Game. ?.

The heart of Lee County Baby!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Ole miss and miss state both lose too so that will help with the tied records. Go into the UT home game with a real shot at double byes. 

Still need the leg humpers to upset Cocky in Cakalacky.

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I promise you that Bryce Brown will be lights out Saturday.

@CameronCrazy So if he's not it's your fault & we get to ban you...Got it!

What a great win by the team! Terrible night from 3 and we still grind it out. Pull out the brooms and go to hell Alabama!! Now let’s finish this season out right with a win against the vols. 

this was the biggest win of the year, as far as i am concerned....fantastic effort and they played smart basketball....chuma came out of his shell,finally....just a great persformance,not pretty at times but they never lost faith that they could win the game....that was in spite of of the striped oafs trying to take charge of the game and have the fans see them....a clean game in the 1st and then they said "look at us" the 2nd....BP getting the technical changed the game, and we sarted getting the calls that we should get....had he not done that, i don't think the we would have won the game based on what i saw coming out of the half.....great effort....i am mystified at the updykes....from a talent perspective, they are 25 win team...why they didn't work the paint all night baffles me, but i am happy that they didn't......great win against a team that beat kentucky,south carolina,ole miss and almost beat tennessee at their place

Very good BB season for the ladies and men. 4-0 against Bama!

Fortunately for AU and everyone else maybe.....bama has two good big guards, one (Petty) is a real shooter and their coach can't figure out how to utilize them to best advantage.  They were a totally disorganized team last night...with no apparent plan when things got tight. 

It looked to me like we just wanted it more!

Just now, AU64 said:

Fortunately for AU and everyone else maybe.....bama has two good big guards, one (Petty) is a real shooter and their coach can't figure out how to utilize them to best advantage.  They were a totally disorganized team last night...with no apparent plan when things got tight. 

Piss poor coaching over there, a lot of talent & potential but CAJ's not cut out for the college game.  I just want them to somehow make the tournament so that they keep him on staff a while longer.  Cross fingers, cross toes.

I was preaching all day yesterday that AU had as close to zero shot at winning that game as any I had every known of. Bama coming off a gritty winning performance at USCe and a good performance vs. LSU but coming up short; they would be hungry, energetic, and focused for a win on their home floor. That looked about right for the first half. But then the pro coach who is only there to get paid, try something new, and coach his son (who graduates this year) bungles the 2nd half and Auburn steals it with guts and will.

My thing is this: did Auburn unwittingly just seal the fate of Avery Johnson, causing the Bama PTB to go and actually get a good coach, like Texas Tech's coach? This would cause the SEC to get tougher and Auburn to have a much tougher row to hoe against a qualified, competent college coach whom we would be battling on the recruiting trail, etc. Did beating Bama last night make Bama better (in the long run, kinda like how when Mike Shula got Croomed, it caused Mal Moore to go out and get Lil Nick)?

i did not expect to win this game, due to the length and size of the updykes, and the officiating that always happens over there....they never figured it out....our quickness won the game, plus, the 2nd half was the smartest that this group has played all year....chuma finally realized that he can be "the guy"....he looked like an NBA prospect last night....the updykes are a low basketball IQ  team.....they had no idea how to attack us after we caught up, even though it worked for them in the 1st half....they are a 25 win team floundering around for an NIT bid

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

At first I was thinking WOW! and then by then end of reading this I was thinking wow, that's really kinda of sad. Coach Bob Davis I believe. Eddie Johnson, Mike Mitchell and that group was a good team if I have my years correct. 

you do

33 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I was preaching all day yesterday that AU had as close to zero shot at winning that game as any I had every known of. Bama coming off a gritty winning performance at USCe and a good performance vs. LSU but coming up short; they would be hungry, energetic, and focused for a win on their home floor. That looked about right for the first half. But then the pro coach who is only there to get paid, try something new, and coach his son (who graduates this year) bungles the 2nd half and Auburn steals it with guts and will.

My thing is this: did Auburn unwittingly just seal the fate of Avery Johnson, causing the Bama PTB to go and actually get a good coach, like Texas Tech's coach? This would cause the SEC to get tougher and Auburn to have a much tougher row to hoe against a qualified, competent college coach whom we would be battling on the recruiting trail, etc. Did beating Bama last night make Bama better (in the long run, kinda like how when Mike Shula got Croomed, it caused Mal Moore to go out and get Lil Nick)?

Is Texas Tech's coach rumored to want to leave TTU? He has a hell of a thing going out there in Lubbock. 

39 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

38 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i did not expect to win this game, due to the length and size of the updykes, and the officiating that always happens over there....they never figured it out....our quickness won the game, plus, the 2nd half was the smartest that this group has played all year....chuma finally realized that he can be "the guy"....he looked like an NBA prospect last night....the updykes are a low basketball IQ  team.....they had no idea how to attack us after we caught up, even though it worked for them in the 1st half....they are a 25 win team floundering around for an NIT bid

We were favored to win the game, all metrics favored us to win the game, why on Earth why anyone have been so sure we would lose?

Before the game I said one of the major keys would be if J'Von could give us 10 good minutes without the wheels falling off. He gave us a very solid 14 minutes last night and scored a couple buckets.  As someone who's been vocal about the lack of production from the backup PG spot, I must say he's been playing well over the last few games and as he continues to get better it helps us big time.

Just now, Tiger said:

Before the game I said one of the major keys would be if J'Von could give us 10 good minutes without the wheels falling off. He gave us a very solid 14 minutes last night and scored a couple buckets.  As someone who's been vocal about the lack of production from the backup PG spot, I must say he's been playing well over the last few games and as he continues to get better it helps us big time.

McCormick was very good last night. I think CBP did one of his best coaching jobs of the season with the rotations. I hate to say this, but part of me wonders if it's best to sit Wiley the rest of the season regardless of what his health is. I think he has a chance to be a great player and he obviously helps us in many ways, but at what level could he realistically contribute after sitting on the shelf again?

3 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

McCormick was very good last night. I think CBP did one of his best coaching jobs of the season with the rotations. I hate to say this, but part of me wonders if it's best to sit Wiley the rest of the season regardless of what his health is. I think he has a chance to be a great player and he obviously helps us in many ways, but at what level could he realistically contribute after sitting on the shelf again?

I can definitely understand that line of thinking. If he's healthy I could, however, go for utilizing him in a limited capacity just to have another body to soak up some fouls and maybe some extra height. But we have a good thing rounding into form with our small ball (particularly since Mac is now starting to hit from outside like he was last year) and I agree that I wouldn't want to rock the boat too much with that.

Malik's putback dunk and Bruce's technical were big sparks last night. Bad Malik showed up in the 1st but man good Malik can be such a problem, as he was in the 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Malik's putback dunk and Bruce's technical were big sparks last night. Bad Malik showed up in the 1st but man good Malik can be such a problem, as he was in the 2nd. 

If you look up the Law of Averages you'll find a picture of Malik Dunbar 😅

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

he is the best athlete on the team

Oh I agree, you just never know what you're get out of him on gameday

42 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

We were favored to win the game, all metrics favored us to win the game, why on Earth why anyone have been so sure we would lose?

Because it Auburn & we always have a section of fans that fears the worst.

Archived