A beautiful side effect of success

SCTiger2011

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I love it.  The haters always revert back to "Bruce is a known cheater".  I have a buddy (we're not close) whose Dad is a long time assistant coach at FSU, and he told me, "You know Auburn is going to get all of this stripped away soon when the NCAA investigates Bruce."  These folks are so mad I love it.

Heard that one before. All the haters were saying that about 2010 and they had to eat their words. But, they will still always cling to ''well, it doesn't matter what the actual ruling was, everyone knows Auburn cheats.'' It's hilarious. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

If the roles were reversed, we would be doing the same thing. We do now in football. 

I don’t root for them. I don’t root against them. I just don’t care.

38 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If the BBQ thing happened in today's climate nobody would bat an eye

That's my thing. Like, did he kill somebody at that bbq? Because otherwise it seems like people really blow it out of proportion. Of course, they also think Cam Newton killed somebody. I really should be used to this by now. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Interesting to me that Bruce is somehow on the same scumbag pedestal in the national conscience as guys with much more egregious and persistent violations under their belts. And it's not just from people who hate Auburn. I don't really get it, but I didn't follow him all that closely before he came here. 

They are trying to make money and controversy sells and gains clicks.  Also remember bama has a school of journalism.   Possible that they enjoy writing that stuff?  I would guess that is absolutely true.  

Just now, Beaker said:

They are trying to make money and controversy sells and gains clicks.  Also remember bama has a school of journalism.   Possible that they enjoy writing that stuff?  I would guess that is absolutely true.  

The vitriol seems to be on a national level- far beyond our rivals- even with bama's tentacles in the journalism world. 

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's my thing. Like, did he kill somebody at that bbq? Because otherwise it seems like people really blow it out of proportion. Of course, they also think Cam Newton killed somebody. I really should be used to this by now. 

Lol right! Trying to lump Pearl in with the guys throwing obscene amount of cash around to get recruits seems....irresponsible.

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The vitriol seems to be on a national level- far beyond our rivals- even with bama's tentacles in the journalism world. 

Oh.....I was just thinking with the number of bama grads that ESPN employs, it was a spillover.   Sad to hear it is on a national level.   Well, bama and ESPN really did a lasting hit job on Auburn with the Cam Newton negative media campaign.   I suspect people are influenced by that and have stereotyped us.   Thanks for the insight.

47 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol right! Trying to lump Pearl in with the guys throwing obscene amount of cash around to get recruits seems....irresponsible.

Some coaches just get away with it. Pete Carrol has lied on injury reports, had championship banners removed, hired coaches under the table, etc but the media adores him. Pearl has a guy in trouble for things done at Penn and the journalists are snickering. 

6 hours ago, alexava said:

If the roles were reversed, we would be doing the same thing. We do now in football. 

Disagree. I don’t see Bruce using a REC to buy the best recruiting class in the country year after year. He is winning with who he has, and winning big!!

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Disagree. I don’t see Bruce using a REC to buy the best recruiting class in the country year after year. He is winning with who he has, and winning big!!

If he was at Alabama you would know he was cheating. If bammer hired any coach who was banned from college coaching for 2 or 3 years, we would still call him a cheater. No matter how minuscule his cheating was. 

Well, ya know, history is over, today is life, the future is conjecture.

Historically, the overall record does tilt towards Bama. The Tide BB program did very well under CM Newton and Wimp Sanderson. They've made the NCAA more often and won more SEC titles.

HOWEVER Auburn has had its runs. Most notably, 1957 - 1971 (15 seasons) Auburn was 27-6 vs the Bammers

As for recent history, from 1997 to present, Auburn is 25-25 vs Bama. And CBP is 7-7 vs Bama.

The future may be unforeseeable, but I sure do have high hopes for the CBP era at Auburn.

WDE!

I may have to get one of these. 

Screenshot_20190401-185243~2.png

Bama sucks ass at everything. Bunch of bitches and crybabies . Can’t even have a normal conversation with most of them. Auburn busted their tail to get to the final four. 

Cheating accusations are always hilarious considering 4 of our 5 current starters (Jared, Bryce, Dunbar, and Mac) maybe had two total SEC offers between them. Jvon obviously didn’t either. Horace was a top 100 guy but he wasn’t drowning in top program offers either. So yeah, we got Austin who was a legacy. Danjel who was a lifelong AU fan. And Chuma, who wasn’t offered by a blue blood program to my knowledge either. 

10 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Alabama's basketball program is the last thing on my mind.

What ? The turds have a basketball program? I'm with you were in the final four who cares.

2 hours ago, AURex said:

Well, ya know, history is over, today is life, the future is conjecture.

Historically, the overall record does tilt towards Bama. The Tide BB program did very well under CM Newton and Wimp Sanderson. They've made the NCAA more often and won more SEC titles.

HOWEVER Auburn has had its runs. Most notably, 1957 - 1971 (15 seasons) Auburn was 27-6 vs the Bammers

As for recent history, from 1997 to present, Auburn is 25-25 vs Bama. And CBP is 7-7 vs Bama.

The future may be unforeseeable, but I sure do have high hopes for the CBP era at Auburn.

WDE!

There should be a lot more of these seasons where Auburn is running a train on Bama going forward. None of their coaches are comparable and they’re not gonna be able to match us in talent. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Lane Kiffin might be the only acceptable Alabama coach in the past 10 years 

Agree and go back a little further and Mike Shula was a favorite of mine too. 😉

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Agree and go back a little further and Mike Shula was a favorite of mine too. 😉

Yeah that’s why I picked that range, I figured quite a few pre Saban coaches would be liked lol 

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

Oh.....I was just thinking with the number of bama grads that ESPN employs, it was a spillover.   Sad to hear it is on a national level.   Well, bama and ESPN really did a lasting hit job on Auburn with the Cam Newton negative media campaign.   I suspect people are influenced by that and have stereotyped us.   Thanks for the insight.

meanwhile uat played a player that was being paid, (that a rule violation, but with uat who knows). If anyone is going to have wins vacated its uat. Would not be surprised if a big reason Johnson was let go are possible upcoming ncaa sanctions/investigation.

I dunno but all the sports talk I've listened to since the big game on Sunday has been very "up" about AU and mostly nothing negative about BP.  Guess they are aware of Izzo's questions at MSU with that doctor, UNC and the phony classes, and more still.  

AU seems to be the darling of the dance right now, even more than Texas Tech which has about the same lack of basketball success over the long haul and maybe I've missed it, but not have seen near the hype about the miracle season.. 

It's pretty easy to avoid the haters.....just don't click on their trash.   There is Forde and that gal who got it rolling late last week...but otherwise, BP has gotten tons of air time and very favorable interviews for him and for AU...and there is plenty to read and be happy about....JMO  

Talked to a Bammer student tonight and it's killing them. They are now saying Oates will be the next Bruce Pearl. Couldn't be happier except when we win it all.

On 4/1/2019 at 6:58 PM, alexava said:

If he was at Alabama you would know he was cheating. If bammer hired any coach who was banned from college coaching for 2 or 3 years, we would still call him a cheater. No matter how minuscule his cheating was. 

I think we’re making the same point. Remember, Auburn does not have a system in place to buy the Dodge Chargers, the deer antler spray, the training staff openly paying players etc. etc. etc.

Archived