Baseball vs. North Carolina game 3

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I missed as well. Not sure. Howell led off the 2nd so I'm guessing Scheffler was thrown out trying to take second?

Runner advancing from 1st to 2nd on the hit got caught when unc cut the throw off to home

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want this game to remain a double digit difference and a complete and total curb stomp from beginning to end.

i hope this team will start off the 4th as if it is a new game and stay mentally in it ...  a la Mr. Ward ...

guess they dont want to put any unneccsary pressure on tanners shoulder.  was hoping he could give us another inning, but this may be the best case scenario for the team moving forward.  Lets shut things down for the next 6 innings and let Cody close out the ninth!

I've said this a few times, but Fitts really reminds me of Casey Mize as a freshman. Tall and lanky, and has some really good outings. Sometimes gets hit around a good bit, but you can tell he has great potential. Also throws that split-change. 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

guess they dont want to put any unneccsary pressure on tanners shoulder.  was hoping he could give us another inning, but this may be the best case scenario for the team moving forward.  Lets shut things down for the next 6 innings and let Cody close out the ninth!

Looking forward but I’d like to see 2 more runs. 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Heck, if the next 6 innings are shutdown, let Julien close out the ninth 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Is the mercy 17-0 or something?

Nope but there was another Auburn team that beat UNC by 17 this year. 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

gotta hand it to this sandy kid ... he took over a horrible situation and is battling.  lets run him!

Already past 40 pitches. If we stay patient we can do it. But two quick outs won’t do it

obviously I love the fact that we put up double digit runs ... but I'll be equally impressed if we can stay focused and close this thing out the right way at the plate.  

6 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

And that ladies and gents is a 7 pitch inning for the young gun

Nice way for Fitts to start his time on the mound.

Archived