Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I remember getting off of work and wondering why Auburn fans were so upset over a win. Didn’t  take me long to figure it out. 

Lamar Jackson was a revelation in that game. We lived in their backfield but dude just ran right by everyone. Everyone assumed our guys were playing poorly but kid was just that damned good.

Our QB play, on the other hand...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn will try to run the ball and play solid defense. Between Auburn's inexperienced QB, Oregon's banged-up WRs, and Auburn's DL wreaking havoc, I don't see that much scoring. Auburn leads early, goes into a shell when Malzahn tries to run the clock out, Hebert brings Oregon back respectably close, and Auburn wins by 3-7 points. See Washington game last year. Not that all PAC teams are alike, but I'll take SEC talent to win out over PAC talent almost every time.

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So let's ask the hard questions.....so would you guys be mad if Bo threw 3td's but also 3 picks?

Depends on whether we win. 

33 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Depends on whether we win. 

Records show that teams that lose the turnover battle most always lose the game too.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So let's ask the hard questions.....so would you guys be mad if Bo threw 3td's but also 3 picks?

No. He is goi g to make mistakes. Hopefully he will learn from them. We are playing a true freshman.. mistakes will be made (probably early and often) we have to ride with it and move on.. win or lose 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Can't speak for anyone else but I would be mad at each of his picks.  How mad at him vs the receiver would depend on who's most at fault (if I couldn't tell, then I'd blame Gus, LOL). 

Another qualifier... Obviously the picks cost Auburn points, but does the other team capitalize with points of their own or not?  My anger level will also depend on that factor. 

Finally, how is the rest of the game?  Is it an absolutely marvelous game plan coupled by excellent execution (besides the 3 picks, of course) or is it slow developing hand-offs into the middle of the line for 2-3 yds coupled with WR bubble screens that are hit-or-miss & bombs that are 10 yds overthrown?  Does Auburn look competent and prepared (win or lose) or does Auburn win in Louisville-esque or lose in LSU-esque fashion?

These are some of the factors that I have to weigh in order to answer your question.  That's actually a very complex question...

And, if you recall, I've been Team Joey.  Not because of either QB particularly (I suspect they're both awesome talents) but due to my perception of the Gus Offense.

Giving up 3 possessions on picks would be hard to overcome.   I just don’t think he’s going to get enough chances to go 3/3.   Gus would go small-ball after 2 picks.   I see this being a pretty conservative game offensively, imagine that.  

As 72 said yes, as long as it’s not a regular occurrence, tho in year one, there have been many great qbs that had terrible int’s numbers during their first year as starter, but they were also scoring to make up for it. I was team JG as well. Gus knows he is coaching for his job, the fact that he is putting all his faith in a true freshman, makes me feel a certain way. Can’t describe it.

3 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Giving up 3 possessions on picks would be hard to overcome.   I just don’t think he’s going to get enough chances to go 3/3.   Gus would go small-ball after 2 picks.   I see this being a pretty conservative game offensively, imagine that.  

I think Gus will come out and run the ball...get a couple easy completions to build his confidence. Hopefully we can score without breaking script too much. Then when his confidence is up and we are pounding the rock, PA and let it rip and the LEGEND of BO NIX ( CAMBO ) is born.

Were they bad reads, bad throws, inability to read the D, deflections off the receiver, tipped passes, etc. Stats are stat but they don't always tell the entire story.  

21 pts vs 3 TO. I'd be okay with that because we've scored 3 TDs and I don't think our D would will allow more than 21/game

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think Gus will come out and run the ball...get a couple easy completions to build his confidence. Hopefully we can score without breaking script too much. Then when his confidence is up and we are pounding the rock, PA and let it rip and the LEGEND of BO NIX ( CAMBO ) is born.

If they are slants, etc, yes please. That would be breaking tendencies lol

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Were they bad reads, bad throws, inability to read the D, deflections off the receiver, tipped passes, etc. Stats are stat but they don't always tell the entire story.  

21 pts vs 3 TO. I'd be okay with that because we've scored 3 TDs and I don't think our D would will allow more than 21/game

May start an argument, but I think many will find that if the O is moving the ball, and doing their thing. The D will be perfectly fine!

Brandon Cox threw 3 picks his first start but still thought he was going to hang the moon because he also had 342 passing yards that game. Well that first game ended up being his careeer high in passing yards, but not picks, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

May start an argument, but I think many will find that if the O is moving the ball, and doing their thing. The D will be perfectly fine!

My first thought was why would something like that start an argument? Then my next thought was oh wait, it’s our board.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

2uavnq.gif

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We had more first downs and total yards than Tennessee. Also had 3 picks.... that stings.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My first thought was why would something like that start an argument? Then my next thought was oh wait, it’s our board.

Winner winner 

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

3 ints can be three TDs....roughly 80% of the time if you lose the turnover count you lose the game.....no matter how the happens, three interceptions would be a disaster.....psychologically for QB and coaches...JMO.

Archived