Offensive Production & WR Use

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

Interesting. I only knew they wanted one, in which we got in Farrar.

Still looking to add more this year. It's really kinda perplexing. Lot's of young talented guys on the team. Yet we keep adding more and more and more.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well that WR should be Seth Williams , no? I think there are also a lot of young WRs who I think can get it done. I don’t see how the Arkansas WR would be more reliable than the untapped talent we got now and we got lots of talent. It is time to start utilizing it. The USC guy had lots of speed that’s for sure. 

Latest I read was the staff has not decided yet if they are going to use Seth as an inside possession guy or an outside deep threat FWIW.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Still looking to add more this year. It's really kinda perplexing. Lot's of young talented guys on the team. Yet we keep adding more and more and more.

Yup. !Barring attrition we are going to have 12 WRs on roster in 2020. I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Latest I read was the staff has not decided yet if they are going to use Seth as an inside possession guy or an outside deep threat FWIW.

Outside deep threat please but then I don’t want him to get pigeonhole either. I just don’t understand why we can’t use a guy in multiple areas if his skill set is sufficient for it. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yup. !Barring attrition we are going to have 12 WRs on roster in 2020. I don't get it.

The only logical explanation is an evolving offense...but, Gus.

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This I agree with. Unless there are some personal problems that we don't know about, the cupboard of wide receivers should be full to overflowing.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If they allow Schwartz to run routes and not just sweeps, he could fill the deep role opening up the possession role for Hill, Seth, or Will.

Not sure about blocking, but I thought he actually mixed up his use of TZach and Coates pretty well. Schwartz is faster than TZach and a better pass catcher than Sammie. Seems like a no-brainer.

Lol. It's funny to think about all the no-brainers that have turned into brainers. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The only logical explanation is an evolving offense...but, Gus.

tenor.gif?itemid=12759104

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

This I agree with. Unless there are some personal problems that we don't know about, the cupboard of wide receivers should be full to overflowing.

It’s way overflowing. There is no reason to be seeking WRs from Arkansas or the JUCO route. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Wait...What? Mikey is agreeing with popular opinion?!?!

giphy.gif

OH, here come the "you have to score points to win" hippies. Go back to the Left Coast! We play like men down here. 

Bet you guys are scared of an extra well done steak, too. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s way overflowing. There is no reason to be seeking WRs from Arkansas or the JUCO route. 

Not saying the staff is right or wrong but their reasoning for going after the WR from Arky & ultimately taking Zach Farrar from Younstown St. was because they felt there wasn't a big & physical WR on roster.

Still so many unknowns at the WR position tho...Are Stove and Hastings still SEC caliber after major injuries?  Why hasn't McClain gotten more touches?  Can Sal catch consistently?  Will Matt Hill live up to his potential?  Jackson is still an unknown.  We know we can count on Williams and Schwartz...after that who knows what to expect?  And who has a good relationship with Gatewood?

Gus seems to have an identity crisis. If he wanted a dominant run game, then we should've been bringing road grader OL, Run-first QBs, and power runners...but we haven't. We've instead brought in, what seems like, 37 wr in the last 3 classes

Lol, there it is. Right on time. 

Gus will never trust his WRs. That's all it is. They'll never be good enough for him. My goodness, why do they keep coming here???

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol, there it is. Right on time. 

Gus will never trust his WRs. That's all it is. They'll never be good enough for him. My goodness, why do they keep coming here???

half of them are the same player, just different names on the jersey.  The other 3/8 are athletes who should probably be on defense, and the remaining 1/8 are special talents.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not saying the staff is right or wrong but their reasoning for going after the WR from Arky & ultimately taking Zach Farrar from Younstown St. was because they felt there wasn't a big & physical WR on roster.

And that is fine but why is this the case? If that is a need then you need to recruit sufficiently . That is one of my biggest beefs with the staff. I hate the say it but I would be shocked if either of those guys make much of an impact on the field . The guy from Arkansas wasn’t a big deal when he left to their fans, who usually rant about everything. I think there was a reason for that. Granted they had suspect QB play. Unless there is a can’t miss prospect , I don’t imo they should be losing roster space for that. I could be 100 percent wrong in my feelings lol. Wouldn’t be the first time. Like UGA signed the #1 DE JUCO prospect last year. Yes get those guys. 

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wait...What? Mikey is agreeing with popular opinion?!?!

giphy.gif

This popular opinion is so obvious even you cave man types can grasp it.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

half of them are the same player, just different names on the jersey.  The other 3/8 are athletes who should probably be on defense, and the remaining 1/8 are special talents.

Image result for math gif

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

And that is fine but why is this the case? If that is a need then you need to recruit sufficiently . That is one of my biggest beefs with the staff. I hate the say it but I would be shocked if either of those guys make much of an impact on the field . The guy from Arkansas wasn’t a big deal when he left to their fans, who usually rant about everything. I think there was a reason for that. Granted they had suspect QB play. Unless there is a can’t miss prospect , I don’t imo they should be losing roster space for that. I could be 100 percent wrong in my feelings lol. Wouldn’t be the first time. Like UGA signed the #1 DE JUCO prospect last year. Yes get those guys. 

Farrar is expected to be a soilid contributor so we will see. One thing is for sure. You don't bring in a Grad Transfer like him with the expectation of him not making an impact. If so that's a waste of a scholly & an enrollee spot.

Sorry for ranting guys. I am really trying to stay positive but when I hear things like the staff is trying to figure out if Seth can be the guy? What the hell? What is there to figure out with that one? If it can’t be done seek help! You’ve been doing this now for the last seven years.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Farrar is expected to be a soilid contributor so we will see. One thing is for sure. You don't bring in a Grad Transfer like him with the expectation of him not making an impact. If so that's a waste of a scholly & an enrollee spot.

I hope you are right bro! Thanks for your info .

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This popular opinion is so obvious even you cave man types can grasp it.

Funny coming from an old fuddy duddy.

:tease:

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I hear things like the staff is trying to figure out if Seth can be the guy?

It's more like trying to figure out the best way to use him., Not necessarily the same thing.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gus seems to have an identity crisis. If he wanted a dominant run game, then we should've been bringing road grader OL, Run-first QBs, and power runners...but we haven't. We've instead brought in, what seems like, 37 wr in the last 3 classes

Roster management, player development, evolution and creativity in the offensive scheme are all a continuous deficiency with this staff. 

I'm doubtful things will all of the sudden change, because if this staff saw those glaring deficiencies then they'd have fix them yrs ago and they wouldn't find their arses on the perpetual hot seat.

Archived