Offensive Production & WR Use

ellitor

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

@McLoofus stop ignoring my post bro. We went at it the other day. I was too harsh. now it’s time 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d4193706f464e5441

Hey I need to get in on that action.  He is ignoring my posts too.  No matter how hard I try to seduce him into talking to me.  My moves usually work...

source.gif

We can three-way that hug out.

tenor.gif

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Hey I need to get in on that action.  He is ignoring my posts too.  No matter how hard I try to seduce him into talking to me.  My moves usually work...

source.gif

tenor.gif

He loves us. He will come around lol.

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Because such things happen in a vacuum. And because this entire conversation surrounding Williams is about how we know that he's good and that he can be used in a variety of ways and yet our staff spent all summer talking about how they don't have the big-bodied WR they need. 

Ross had almost double the receptions, yards and touchdowns that Williams did, by the way. With a true freshman throwing the ball. 

You specifically said that S. Williams wasn't being used properly. Which game was that?

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

source.gif

tenor.gif

May need a foursome. He one time accidentally replied to me and that tickled me pink!

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

May need a foursome. He one time accidentally replied to me and that tickled me pink!

No

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You specifically said that S. Williams wasn't being used properly. Which game was that?

I know you get whiny when people don't do your research for you, but I'm afraid you'll need to go back and read the conversation if you actually want to understand what the rest of us have been talking about. 

That said, it seems like all 10 games where an All SEC talent caught less than 3 passes are fair game for examination. Especially when the guy ahead of him- WR2 who just got drafted and whose limited role Gus now wants to pigeonhole Williams into (oh, lookee there, I did go ahead and fill you in on what the adults have been discussing)- only had 35 catches. 11 less than Justyn Ross. 

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

He loves us. He will come around lol.

Sequence of events with Loof (I am not ragging on Loof, just trying to lighten the mood with a laugh).  @aujeff11 can get in on the action if he wants:

Seduction and his rejection (current stage):

US ➡️giphy.gif⬅️Loof

Our reasons to come back to the fray of AUFamily friendship:

giphy (1).gif

Desperation:

ForthrightIdolizedAplomadofalcon-size_restricted.gif

Finally, Loof gives in and is happy we are all friends again:

giphy (2).gif

Drop the mic.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Sequence of events with Loof (I am not ragging on Loof, just trying to lighten the mood with a laugh).  @aujeff11 can get in on the action if he wants:

Seduction and his rejection (current stage):

US ➡️giphy.gif⬅️Loof

Our reasons to come back to the fray of AUFamily friendship:

giphy (1).gif

Desperation:

ForthrightIdolizedAplomadofalcon-size_restricted.gif

Finally, Loof gives in and is happy we are all friends again:

giphy (2).gif

Drop the mic.

Ehh family argue. It happens. Disagreements will occur. We've had our share of sharp disagreements.

Just now, DAG said:

We've had our share of sharp disagreements.

Eh disagree.  I think you were just trying to push me away because you knew your feelings for me were getting stronger by the post.  It scared you.  And then you came around and embraced the new you.  It happens all of the time.  My beauty doesn't discriminate.

On 7/30/2019 at 8:02 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU has two glaring weaknesses that teams know for certain to start the year. Possession receiver and a good rush end. Have to find the reciver that Joey can rely on when needed. There is a reason AU was looking to add two more WR's if they could from either JUCO or transfers.

If Will Hastings is really back he could be that comfort receiver.  I know that is a big if but with his quickness he always find a way to get open even when Stidham didn't throw to him.

It's one thing to have a simple route tree, it's another thing to literally ask our WRs to only do 1 thing.

Sammie just ran a fly on 90% of the passes. Ryan Davis only caught passes along the LOS. Nate Craig-Meyers, we included him in our first 2 drive script every now and then but after that he just goes out there to block. Ricardo Louis was basically a RB...

We tie one hand behind our back by doing this in the name of going fast while actually refusing to go fast...

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's one thing to have a simple route tree, it's another thing to literally ask our WRs to only do 1 thing.

Sammie just ran a fly on 90% of the passes. Ryan Davis only caught passes along the LOS. Nate Craig-Meyers, we included him in our first 2 drive script every now and then but after that he just goes out there to block. Ricardo Louis was basically a RB...

We tie one hand behind our back by doing this in the name of going fast while actually refusing to go fast...

Thank you!!!

23 minutes ago, Tiger said:

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I agree with this sentiment 100%. That being said, IMO, Sammie was kind of a one-trick pony. 

39 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Sammie just ran a fly on 90% of the passes.

He ran other routes more frequently than a combined 10 percent. For sure the curls, some screens, and other routes.

Sammie Watkins ran a bubble screen 44 times out of his 101 catches in 2013 and straight seam routes most of the rest of his 59 receptions. If Gus catches the heat for maximizing his player’s talents, others should too. 

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I agree with this sentiment 100%. That being said, IMO, Sammie was kind of a one-trick pony. 

Not mike Williams was utilized inside and outside. Not Hunter Renfrow. Those guys were used in multiple ways. It’s a fools argument to try to say Clemson uses their WRs in one manner like Auburn does. Legitimately, every single WR who got drafted by Auburn complained about versatility. And now we have people saying he doesn’t know how to maximize arguably his best WR who can do both. 

he is lining inside and outside . Running arrow routes, fades , and slants with no issue.

Sammy had elite speed. He is running screens, stops , slants, motioning and getting hand offs, a comeback route. These aren’t complicated routes but at least they bring a different look.That’s how you utilize and maximize someone talent. He isn’t just running a fade 9 times out of 10 with a screen sprinkled in. Realistically, Anthony should be used this way. Sammy got drafted in the top 5 because of it.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

Those guys were used in multiple ways. It’s a fools argument to try to say Clemson uses their WRs in one manner like Auburn does

You’re going to have to take that up with Deon Cain. I can pull up highlights of Coates running other than “fades” too.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re going to have to take that up with Deon Cain. I can pull up highlights of Coates running other than “fades” too.

Fades or screens that is. Find me one highlight of him running a comeback route 

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not mike Williams was utilized inside and outside. Not Hunter Renfrow. Those guys were used in multiple ways. It’s a fools argument to try to say Clemson uses their WRs in one manner like Auburn does. Legitimately, every single WR who got drafted by Auburn complained about versatility. And now we have people saying he doesn’t know how to maximize arguably his best WR who can do both. 

I was talking about Coates big dog. I'd say you are probably right about Clemson. Whatever they are doing, they do a better job than we do of getting the ball into their playmakers' hands. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I was talking about Coates big dog. I'd say you are probably right about Clemson. Whatever they are doing, they do a better job than we do of getting the ball into their playmakers' hands. 

I wasn’t trying to get on to you my guy. My apologies if I came off harsh.

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

you keep mentioning Deon yet in all of the fades he is running I have spotted at least one arrow, stop, screen, slant and COMEBACK route.

Archived