***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

16 minutes ago, ColtonSpain said:

Thank you. Never seen a forum get so off subject so fast lol. That being said I’m super excited. Both QB’s were waiting their whole lives for this moment so of course this is a sad situation for Joey but I am very excited to see what Bo does.

Do you think there’s as much pressure on Bo going into this season as there was for say JJ in 2015? Or is that a different type of pressure?

I think it’s different. Bo has a big advantage in his dad having done it and will be with him when things go wrong ( and they will sometimes) . That’s the hard part. I think that was one of JJs biggest problems. He had the talent no doubt. He had a very successful freshman year subbing against smaller teams. When he went full blow against big times I think he had a hard time accepting that he couldn’t do everything. Mental is a big part of QB and Pat will help Bo through those dark days. In fact he already has by instilling into him to concentrate on the next play not the last play.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

2nd post of yours I couldn't like due to being out of votes.

I still haven’t dealt with this mythical dump of likes. You have a virus or something.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I would say this is only the rare, really elite athlete that meets that description. Ideally that would be the case but it ain’t many, even at the pro level

Thanks!

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I still haven’t dealt with this mythical dump of likes. You have a virus or something.

I think 25 every 24 hours is the limit.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Well, we are in a Bo Nix thread. So I’ll post Bo updates for everyone else that cares 

Your support throughout the competition has not gone unnoticed. I’m glad your guy got it. 

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t know if y’all missed it but Gus wasn’t willing to say he’d have a package for Joey against Oregon. 

I guess gamesmanship matters again.

I really don’t think Gus is going to do packages for either one. When either is in the game I think Gus is going to expect both be able to run what ever the situation dictates. JG is now the backup QB . The next guy of the bench if Bo goes down. He needs and will be a full package QB when he comes off the bench. JG isn’t a gimmick QB that can only run and handoff and Bo isn’t a one trick pony either he can run and throw. Bo earned the start but he is not like light years ahead of Joey.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think 25 every 24 hours is the limit.

If you feel the need to unlike someone’s post to like mine, I will be completely understanding.

😬

30 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes still confused; I just don’t have your superior knowledge. Please forgive me for that and try to understand we can’t all be as intelligent as you. I just know how bad you were pulling for Joey... because you are... I mean you wanted Joey and not Bo because ... well you know... just never mind then.

Again, just trying to help.

Actually I wasn't pulling for either, you can say I was pulling for a guy who has been tested....but yah Joey is....You know and coincidentally well you just happened to be against the well....but no I'm fine as me personally luckily you're not anyone I have to answer too and it's not the 50's

53 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That's probably a large part of it. There are a lot of different aspects that I'm sure factored in and although I'm sure Bo's ability to throw the football was a part of the decision it likely went a lot deeper. How do these guys handle information? How quickly do they bounce back from mistakes? How receptive to coaching are they? How well do they understand the concepts behind the calls. Finally, how do they respond in certain situations? Do they know the down and distance? Are they aware of where they are on the field? Certain places you can't take a sack. Certain places you can't throw a ball away, and certain places you have to. 

I'm guessing they really turned the heat up on both of them over the last week or two, had them drinking out of a fire hydrant full of information, and then ran them through a lot of stress intensive situational ball. My guess is Bo handled all that better than Joey. 

Pure speculation on my part, I just think the race has been over simplified by some people to who can throw the ball better.

Thank you for saying all this! I have been trying to articulate that I don't think Bo won on physical ability alone, but you did it way better than I could.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Your support throughout the competition has not gone unnoticed. I’m glad your guy got it. 

I’m not gonna derail this thread by arguing with you but I’ve supported both guys the whole time. And I still do

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He wasn't pulling for any particular person 😀

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If you feel the need to unlike someone’s post to like mine, I will be completely understanding.

😬

Lol. Would had 2 more. Bad timing.

Very intriguing that Gus is starting a true freshman at QB! I really thought JG would get the nod as the starter due to his bowl game experience...the improvements of devolpment that has been mention in threads and a year of going thru AU football program as a QB. Congrats to Bo Nix on winning the job. I can only imagine that the young man is really that good....however I really hope that Gus has a plan to keep JG engaged by playing him in every quarter of the game. The schedule is brutal and I will bet everything that I own that the backup QB is going to be needed at a crucial moment of any given game. What true defensive coordinator wouldn't throw the kitchen sink at a true freshman playing QB in the SEC.

We can also still implement JG to take pressure off Bo, why not also consider, if we’re not putting him at QB in a certain situation (I still think we should have him at QB sometimes), line him up at WR/big slot and let him do work against LB’s and S’s. JG has done this before, sell him on playing time and carving out a role and that he is always next man up at the QB spot. The NFL will see this and no better place to do it than AU.

2 minutes ago, TeBoneAU said:

I really thought JG would get the nod as the starter due to his bowl game experience

15 practices at most & mop up work in a game doesn't make up for the live game experience advantage Bo had as being a QB starter for 4 years even though it was in high school since Joey was an offensive swiss army knife through his JR year & split time at QB his SR year..

46 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I just know how bad you were pulling for Joey... because you are... I mean you wanted Joey and not Bo because ... well you know... just never mind then.

Again, just trying to help.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Probably another stalker

Yup, that's why you hit up my profile page twice already today. Can you go back and find yet another earlier post of mine to downvote for spite? 

46 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It’s only because you are new.  I have never seen a thread on here not get off subject.  

16C72782-E880-40C9-A88E-1332A9A4CFC8.gif

Welcome to the forum!

Beat me to it abw :cheers:

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yup, that's why you hit up my profile page twice already today. Can you go back and find yet another earlier post of mine to downvote for spite? 

I think he’s a little upset right now because... I mean he was wanting a certain quarterback just because.... Well, what I mean he didn’t want a certain quarterback just because.... Well, never mind, just never mind.

Archived