***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

JS is the reason I never trusted the DT tag for QB’s, until the spring game. Bo is twice what JS was with his legs

ZR offenses do not need DT quarterback to make it go.  The primary intangible is being able to make the right read in the option offense.

The reason Malik Willis was not successful in the ZR offense was he made the wrong read.  NICK Marshall was not successful because of his speed or athletic ability but because he could make the proper read in the offense.

7 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Maybe I am different but I hope Bo plays the entire game against Oregon ( unless it is a big blowout either way) and I would say that about JG had he been named the starter. I am just not a fan of two QBs system. I like for one guy to get a rhythm.. let him make mistakes because he will and hopefully he gets better because of it.. . I hope to see a lot of JG against Tulane and Kent State because hopefully we can handle them quickly (fingers crossed). 

I totally respect that. I don’t think it will happen but I definitely get where you are coming from. Bo is the starter and he deserves an opportunity to get majority, if not all the snaps as the starter (until proven otherwise).

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I hate using 2 qbs

I get what you are saying and respect your opinion. For me, I had not seen either qb play until the a day game. I expected JG to be good and he was. I didn’t have an a opinion about Nix but I was literally shocked to see how much better he was than I ever expected. I do believe 100% JG is a very talented athletic qb and I hope he continues to push Nix and if he can’t showcase his talents at Auburn, I will always be a fan and hope he can get his time. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Very savvy. He has said many many things during a kid's recruiting cycle that turned out to be true in their college or pro careers.

@aujeff11 lol jk

Had to

3D73A5F5-92F6-4FB3-A1BF-AC435E50CD9E.gif

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Very savvy. He has said many many things during a kid's recruiting cycle that turned out to be true in their college or pro careers.

Key words: recruiting cycle

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok, cool story whoever you are. Everybody is done now though. Move along

Ooh, now you give the orders around here? Lmao, that's rich. Get back on your leash. 

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hopefully @ellitor will help me out but please entertain me until then, what kind of practice intel does he give?

Damn! Now I feel like I...

tenor.gif?itemid=14490633

Sorry Jeff.

2 minutes ago, Carnell said:

ZR offenses do not need DT quarterback to make it go.  The primary intangible is being able to make the right read in the option offense.

The reason Malik Willis was not successful in the ZR offense was he made the wrong read.  NICK Marshall was not successful because of his speed or athletic ability but because he could make the proper read in the offense.

I am only saying JS got the DT tag, he really wasn’t that. He was a 3 step get the ball out of his hands guy. He couldn’t make a D respect his legs on a consistent basis, like I think Bo and Gatewood can

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Ooh, now you give the orders around here? Lmao, that's rich. Get back on your leash. 

Cool

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I totally respect that. I don’t think it will happen but I definitely get where you are coming from. Bo is the starter and he deserves an opportunity to get majority, if not all the snaps as the starter (until proven otherwise).

And.. I need to add.. I don’t trust CGM to handle a two QBs system well... JMO . If I am wrong I will be the first to shout it out. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’m still waiting for the practice intel. 

Stated it was my opinion, you quoted E, he echoed what I said in terms of KN. Nothing else to report lol

Just now, AuMarine said:

And.. I need to add.. I don’t trust CGM to handle a two QBs system well... JMO . If I am wrong I will be the first to shout it out. 

And that’s why we need you around more often. You realize it’s okay to be wrong in a sports forum. 

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I am trying really really hard not to be 😈 but it s getting very close for me going

bomb GIF

Oh, you know you're ready...

YzKrabA.gif

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Stated it was my opinion, you quoted E, he echoed what I said in terms of KN. Nothing else to report lol

E is going to do E. No offense man, but you’re pretty ignorant about this and I will just show you. I will personally deliver  practice intel to your inbox from Marcello while KN is tracking down 3*s for interviews. Marcello is grumpy but good at what he does. Hence why he just won the nation’s best beat writer award. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

And that’s why we need you around more often. You realize it’s okay to be wrong in a sports forum. 

I am wrong every day about many things other than football.. don’t believe me? Ask my wife..

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

E is going to do E. No offense man, but you’re pretty ignorant about this and I will just show you. I will personally deliver  practice intel to your inbox from Marcello while KN is tracking down 3*s for interviews. Marcello is grumpy but good at what he does. Hence why he just won the nation’s best beat writer award. 

Lol ok dude. You won’t change my opinion, no matter what you send.

When did I have to share your view? It’s obvious that we don’t agree on most things lol

5 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I get what you are saying and respect your opinion. For me, I had not seen either qb play until the a day game. I expected JG to be good and he was. I didn’t have an a opinion about Nix but I was literally shocked to see how much better he was than I ever expected. I do believe 100% JG is a very talented athletic qb and I hope he continues to push Nix and if he can’t showcase his talents at Auburn, I will always be a fan and hope he can get his time. 

I didn't know one way or the other personally. I don'tcare who wins, but I was thinking I wanted a guy that was tough and respected so I preached to playing them live. Long as we win I don't care but I prefer when a guy wins it he should keep it....but that's just me

Just now, AuMarine said:

I am wrong every day about many things other than football.. don’t believe me? Ask my wife..

Oh man don’t open yourself up to ask my significant other jokes lol 

Archived