***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

19AC41B3-850C-4B76-9EBA-33AECB81CDF8.gif

Lol. I this is about the 12th post the past hour I would have voted on but alas I can't. :tear:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I didn't know one way or the other personally. I don'tcare who wins, but I was thinking I wanted a guy that was tough and respected so I preached to playing them live. Long as we win I don't care but I prefer when a guy wins it he should keep it....but that's just me

You said it man.. toughness.. got to be tough with that OL.. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lol ok dude. You won’t change my opinion, no matter what you send

That’s pretty sick. KN doesn’t do practice updates but you would believe what he says over people that do. Please don’t join the drink the koolaid cults.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

E is going to do E. No offense man, but you’re pretty ignorant about this and I will just show you. I will personally deliver  practice intel to your inbox from Marcello while KN is tracking down 3*s for interviews. Marcello is grumpy but good at what he does. Hence why he just won the nation’s best beat writer award. 

Seriously? You got a link to the award? I'd actually like to read the write up.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

That’s pretty sick. KN doesn’t do practice updates but you would believe what he says over people that do. Please don’t join the drink the koolaid cults.

I’ll do me, you do you. That’s all I can say jeff. Respect my opinion, I respect yours

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

E is going to do E. No offense man, but you’re pretty ignorant about this and I will just show you. I will personally deliver  practice intel to your inbox from Marcello while KN is tracking down 3*s for interviews. Marcello is grumpy but good at what he does. Hence why he just won the nation’s best beat writer award. 

Jeff it's not worth it man. It's ok if we have different opinions. Marcello does ok work when he's not being a Richard but based on what I've seen as track record I trust Keith's football knowledge & instincts more than Marcello's. That's my opinion & ok if it's a wrong one.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. I this is about the 12th post the past hour I would have voted on but alas I can't. :tear:

Hey, you need to make a motion to double the daily reaction limit at the next monthly mod meeting. 😁

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Seriously? You got a link to the award? I'd actually like to read the write up.

It was all over his & Keith's twitter when he won it.

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I also feel like Joey will have a big role. Not to mention that he is just one injury away from starting. I hope that he knows that it was a difficulty decision and that he is valued as a player at Auburn, not only by the coaches, but by his teammates and the fans. This has been heart wrenching for me, because I know that both guys are talented and both deserve to play. I hope Joey keeps working hard to be ready. I don't want him to feel like he wants to be somewhere else.

Just my opinion, but if the QB race was clearly won by Nix (and by many accounts it was), then he needs to know that's he's the unquestioned starter, and that he's not gonna be yanked if he makes some early mistakes.  And I'm not sure if planned Gatewood usage jives with that.

Just now, ellitor said:

Jeff it's not worth it man. It's ok if we have different opinions. Marcello does ok work when he's not being a Richard but based on what I've seen as track record I trust Keith's football knowledge & instincts more than Marcello's. That's my opinion & ok if it's a wrong one.

Keith’s football knowledge is limited to topics related to recruiting. Again, hence why he doesn’t seem like he’s in his element when the conversation is not recruiting on the podcast with Marcello and PM.

Just now, ellitor said:

It was all over his & Keith's twitter when he won it.

Yeah, I removed Marcello from my twitter feed back when he started his beef with AUFamily.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Yeah, I removed Marcello from my twitter feed back when he started his beef with AUFamily.

Loyal to the brand 

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Woooooo Gus named a starter!!!! 🍕 🎉🎉🎉

giphy.gif

I get the sentiments but I hate this gif more than a Lizzo song. Used almost everyday but I guess it applies based on the content. 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Keith’s football knowledge is limited to topics related to recruiting

That's a short sided view. I've seen him give many opinions over the years about how guys will or won't pan out in college & pro, counting the years in the 2000s when he was a national evaluator for Rivals. That's more than just recruiting knowledge to me. Many more of them turned out being right more than wrong. Just because he's not an evaluator or long term prognosticator now doesn't mean his knowledge & instincts are limited to recruiting. From everything I've seen from him nearly the past 20 years the man knows his football. He's just humble about it.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Keith’s football knowledge is limited to topics related to recruiting. Again, hence why he doesn’t seem like he’s in his element when the conversation is not recruiting on the podcast with Marcello and PM.

Couple screenshots from the board: 

Pretty self explanatory 

4AD843F8-1D0A-42E4-993A-C1A38736D7FF.png

F792CD0F-7DDC-401F-BC24-BB3C28AF5409.png

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's a short sided view. I've seen him give many opinions over the years about how guys will or won't pan out in college & pro, counting the years in the 2000s when he was a national evaluator for Rivals

lol

@aujeff11 Drop it now! We don't care. Nobody involved is changing their opinion. Stop arguing purely for the sake of arguing. There's been way too much of that ish in this thread already so stop please!

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Actually I wasn't pulling for either, you can say I was pulling for a guy who has been tested....but yah Joey is....You know and coincidentally well you just happened to be against the well....but no I'm fine as me personally luckily you're not anyone I have to answer too and it's not the 50's

Did he just pull the race card?

Archived