***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

That and he was involved with a crime involving a stolen laptop.

The laptop situation had almost nothing to do with the transfer. He did an interview as a part of some SEC network special or ESPN special, and he mentioned that the laptop incident has been incorrectly cited as the reason for his departure. 

The reality is that a) Tebow returned for his senior year, b) Brantley was ahead of him, c)Meyer told him that he didn't have the "it" factor to be QB and was suggesting that he change positions, and d) in addition to all that, he was getting into other trouble (partying, skipping class, not taking stuff seriously) at Florida.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

The laptop situation had almost nothing to do with the transfer.

I thought it was because of academia issues tbh but that is neither here nor there. 

52 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I wonder what would make him say that?

Gus is the master of the “us against the world” mantra.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I have no clue how to make these articles read out without the link.

@BigWhiskey91 "Comparison to Baker Mayfield"

I am so excited.

Lol!! All camp long Marcello's blogs and articles have been all about the mysterious QB race...this article reads like he was the Camp Biographer. 

It is the best thing that can happen to us.  Here is how I see it,

1 Bo is successful, meaning Gus can coach a drop back QB and Gus continues at AU with a stellar career.  

2.  Bo struggles and Gus gets canned cause Gus cannot figure out what type of system he truly wants to run.  

Praying it is #1 for all our sakes 

So any predictions on game 1 stats? I’m callin 17-24 for 250 and 2 tds with 40 on the ground and 1 rushing score. 

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

I've been saying it would be No Nix for five years.

After Nix' TD pass to Sanders in '93, I said one day he would have a son who would be the starting QB at Auburn.

5 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

So any predictions on game 1 stats? I’m callin 17-24 for 250 and 2 tds with 40 on the ground and 1 rushing score. 

I don't think his completion percentage will be that good in his first college game. I also think Gus will try to keep the passing plan simple, with a lot of underneath throws and screens. I'll go 11-22 175 yards 1 TD 1 INT. 80 on the ground. Most of that 80 will come off a single play. The offense will move the ball effectively on the ground using Whitlow, Martin, Shivers, and a lot of jet sweeps from receivers. . 

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

U ok man? It’s all good.

I'm great. I'm not like you, whoever is good is all I care about. You on the other hand? Lol you can't hide it

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Dangerous but an absolutely perfect throw 

That's a Kyler Murray throw

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Do you hate it for cam, Russell Wilson, David webb, will grier, Baker Mayfield etc....as well? There's always going to be outliers but like I said originally he should initially wait. Nobody saw that post though coincidentally

Who in that list didn't? 

11 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I don't think his completion percentage will be that good in his first college game. I also think Gus will try to keep the passing plan simple, with a lot of underneath throws and screens. I'll go 11-22 175 yards 1 TD 1 INT. 80 on the ground. Most of that 80 will come off a single play.

Well if his percentage is  only 11-22 with underneath and screens we are in deep trouble when he starts going down the field.  In addition completing 11 passes for 175 translates to approximately 17 yards per completion which means wide receivers and running backs are breaking a significantly number of those short throws to avg 17 yards per completion.  I just dont see their defense being that bad.

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Hope to God he never makes that throw during SEC play

That's the reason you need to play live. Each level you jump there are things that you won't be able to do anymore that you used to.

Just for accuracy's sake - it was Chase Brice that helped Clemson past Syracuse last year after Lawrence got knocked out. I remember watching that game.

Hunter Johnson had already announced his transfer before their 2018 fall camp started.

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Hope to God he never makes that throw during SEC play

He will. He's a gunslinger. I just hope he makes sure he completes it.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's the reason you need to play live. Each level you jump there are things that you won't be able to do anymore that you used to.

No doubt, although they'll be able to remedy those types of mistakes without the need for full contact. 

Archived