***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

What? LOL. Yes I am happy for Auburn? Why would I not be happy for Auburn?  I am excited for Bo Nix too. I would be equally as excited if JG was the starter and have the same response if someone would utter Bo should transfer. Neither has done a thing that has set in stone who will be the starter for the duration of the year. 

Lol ok

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

Agree 100%. If the coach doesn't know what offense he wants to run, it leads him to recruit all different types of QB's. Gatewood seemed the part for a Malzahn offense, but he got beat out.

And if Bo doesn't strive in Malzahn's offense, he's not to blame. Kind of like how Stidham is thriving in Pats preseason being in an offense that fits his skill set.

Nah, I don't buy the pro-style vs. dual-threat thing. Stidham wasn't a problem in 2017 when we were blocking and running the ball.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You flat out whined at me for quoting Titan to another poster. Then you said well you at least need to cite the source who only talks about Bo. I didn't even know who the hell the sources were. I just was informing the poster. 

Oh, ok. That's "maliciously attacking"  the media. Gotcha. 

I'll wait for you to say it was a GROSS EXAGGERATION then. 

Really doesnt matter who the quarterback.  If the competition went this deep then the two must be close.

What is going to tell Auburn success is the coaching.  Has the play calling significantly from last year.  Has Gus made changes to the ZR scheme to keep DCs off balance. If  the answer to  those questions are no then neither quarterback will be the answer.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Oh, ok. That's "maliciously attacking"  the media. Gotcha. 

I'll wait for you to say it was a GROSS EXAGGERATION then. 

It really doesn't matter at this point because it looks like they were right after all. It will be okay.

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I care so I asked and it seems weird and to imply that a person isn't a fan because of that is crazy IMO. To think JG wouldn't be talked about a starting QB thread doesn't really make sense either....but it's actually my bad Bo won that position and I guess the everybody better fall in line as well....

What about asking about if 2 QB's going to be used as well? Is that allowed or nah

Joey will do what he wants to do. If he hasn’t personally attended fall classes yet, maybe he can transfer somewhere right away and have immediate playing time? 

27 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I wonder what would make him say that?

re: evidence that we are hated nationally?

I know you aren't serious...in case you are  -

'83 ring a bell?    Jumped by Miami in the polls, robbing us the title

'93?   getting jack slapped with a  2 year post season ban for amounted to less deserving infractions, robbing us of what probably was a title (if we beat UF in Atlanta, again; we had just beaten them in back to back seasons I think).  2nd and last team ever to be banned from TV.  They don't do that anymore do they?  Hmmm   And considering the infractions, that was a stupid, over the top penalty for what the evidence actually was.   

2004?  Probably the deepest O we have ever assembled (3 NFL first round draft choices) and a stupid-strong D.  Just another undefeated season that was not recognized nationally.

The "Smear Cam Campaign" by ESPN and Birmingham News that intensified every week for 5 weeks leading up to the bama game.   I believe this was built to derail Auburn's locker room.   It surprisingly died down after we beat bama.  I wonder why...

And the decades of Al Jackson's infamous bias game calling on ABC.  "Whoa Nelly, I was asking Bear before the game about his win over Penn State last season..."   How is that relevant?  How many Paul Bryant stories did I have to listen to (even after he died)?  I guess Pat Dye was just a boring guy to good 'ol Al Jackson.

Those just leap off the page at me.     This was national.  Those would not have happened to bama, or ND or Mich, etc.    I am sure there are other regional examples I can think of.

Sorry if you weren't serious.  Some folks don't know the history.   Those are  3 more (likely) titles in the modern era.  Imagine how our program and the Auburn landscape would be different with those.   Wow.  National bias has certainly hurt Auburn. 

13 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

There are plenty of us here that love both Bo and Joey. And we want what's best for both Bo and Joey. But that doesn't automatically mean that Joey transferring somewhere else is what's best for him. We don't know what the future holds. We don't know if there will be an injury. We don't know if the stage is too big or the speed of the game is too fast for a true freshman. Joey needs to be patient. To kiss him bye-bye already is disrepectful to Joey, IMHO, because you are saying that he doesn't believe in himself and he can never win the job at Auburn, so he'll move on. They haven't even played one snap of a single game. He could actually end up being QB1 at sometime during the year. Who knows? And who knows if Gus may plan to use Joey and his talent in every game? Joey won't take the first snap of the first game. That's what we know.

Sorry, I am being redundant. It took me so long to type this out, that others posted the exact same sentiment! 

Yeah I'm not going to do it as I see many of your emotions are running high for whatever reason....football will go on though and people will want to talk about it!

For all those saying JG should transfer...  I hate to think what would have happened if Tom Brady would have transferred because he was sitting for the first 2 years of his career at MI.

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

For all those saying JG should transfer...  I hate to think what would have happened if Tom Brady would have transferred because he was sitting for the first 2 years of his career at MI.

Do you hate it for cam, Russell Wilson, David webb, will grier, Baker Mayfield etc....as well? There's always going to be outliers but like I said originally he should initially wait. Nobody saw that post though coincidentally

I’m calling it now ... gus goes full rope-a-dope (or maybe he and I just go full dope) and Joey G takes the first series with an onslaught of zone read and we march the field for a very impressive all running plays first drive in less than 2 minutes for a touchdown.

Bo starts the next series and we steamroll Oregon.  Joey G plays the entire 4th quarter with a huge lead.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If he hasn’t personally attended fall classes yet, maybe he can transfer somewhere right away and have immediate playing time? 

So your question doesn't get lost @aujeff11, barring an emergency petition waiver by the NCAA, he cant. He has to not play for a year from the time he attended his last class at AU. Assuming he took Summer classes that would easily go through the 2019 where he'd have to sit.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I hope he sticks around to see how everything shakes out

Tua saved Hurts’ ass. 

Hunter Johnson saved Trevor Lawrence’s ass. 

Hurts saved Tua’s ass. 

That’s all in just the last two seasons.

Don’t think Gatewood can’t save Nix’s ass. 

16 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

There's a difference. JG and Bo are in the same year now, and JG has burned his redshirt. It is conceivable that JG never has an opportunity to start. Bo would have to be good enough to be gone in 3 years. Even then, that would give him 1 year. If the shoe had been on the other foot and JG won the competition, Bo could redshirt and would have at least 1 year, maybe 2. The only way Joey sees the field in anything other than situational or clock-burner reps is if Bo leaves early, transfers, or collapses under the pressure of being the starter. Honestly, the logical thing for him to do would be to wait until the end of the 4th game (by A&M, we should know how things are looking) and, if Bo has solidified himself as the starter, transfer immediately. He could sit out this year and then start somewhere else next year, where he'd potentially have 3 years as a starter. There's a pretty good chance JG will transfer at the end of the season. He may transfer before that. 

I sure as hell hope the team doesn't think the same way as a couple of posters in here or we're definitely gonna be in trouble. 

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Do you hate it for cam, Russell Wilson, David webb, will grier, Baker Mayfield etc....as well? There's always going to be outliers but like I said originally he should initially wait. Nobody saw that post though coincidentally

First, I never quoted nor targeted you cole

Second, I would hate it for any of these kids who transfer immediately just because they don't get the start.  I do believe that some on your list transferred for other reasons than just because they didn't start

Just now, AUFriction said:

There's a difference. JG and Bo are in the same year now, and JG has burned his redshirt. It is conceivable that JG never has an opportunity to start. Bo would have to be good enough to be gone in 3 years. Even then, that would give him 1 year. If the shoe had been on the other foot and JG won the competition, Bo could redshirt and would have at least 1 year, maybe 2. The only way Joey sees the field in anything other than situational or clock-burner reps is if Bo leaves early, transfers, or collapses under the pressure of being the starter. Honestly, the logical thing for him to do would be to wait until the end of the 4th game (by A&M, we should know how things are looking) and, if Bo has solidified himself as the starter, transfer immediately. He could sit out this year and then start somewhere else next year, where he'd potentially have 3 years as a starter. There's a pretty good chance JG will transfer at the end of the season. He may transfer before that. 

And who knows what happens.  Ask Clemson last year in their first start of Superman.  He went down and they almost lost because of it.  JG should stick it out and see what happens.  Maybe he gets better and comes in next year to win the job & then Bo can RS.  Who knows.  I am just saying that a kid should not immediately transfer just because he didn't get the starting job.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Tua saved Hurts’ ass. 

Hurts saved Tua’s ass. 

Hey, if the O-line hasn't improved from last year Joey G may end up BEING the ass.   :beer2:

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Second, I would hate it for any of these kids who transfer immediately just because they don't get the start.  I do believe that some on your list transferred for other reasons than just because they didn't start

And who knows what happens.  Ask Clemson last year in their first start of Superman.  He went down and they almost lost because of it.  JG should stick it out and see what happens.  Maybe he gets better and comes in next year to win the job & then Bo can RS.  Who knows.  I am just saying that a kid should not immediately transfer just because he didn't get the starting job.

But, but, but, you have common sense, unlike some on this board!

When you think of Bo Nix, well, he's just started building his legacy.

Bo Nix, the son of Patrick and the namesake of Jackson, was named Auburn’s starting quarterback Tuesday, 11 days before the 16th-ranked Tigers take on No. 11 Oregon.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/bo-nix-born-and-raised-auburn-tigers-football-starting-quarterback

6 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

FYI... Cam absolutely transferred because he didn't start. He moved down the depth chart behind Brantley, and Urban Meyer was considering moving him to TE.

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

FYI... Cam absolutely transferred because he didn't start. He moved down the depth chart behind Brantley, and Urban Meyer was considering moving him to TE.

That and he was involved with a crime involving a stolen laptop.

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

Tua saved Hurts’ ass. 

Hurts saved Tua’s ass. 

Have seen crazier things when the opponents not prepared for it. 

Gatewood is better than Hunter Johnson 

Archived