***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It usually comes down to turnovers in a situation like this. Neither one can be counted on to win a game but they would be held accountable to not give it away. That's my guess

That's probably a large part of it. There are a lot of different aspects that I'm sure factored in and although I'm sure Bo's ability to throw the football was a part of the decision it likely went a lot deeper. How do these guys handle information? How quickly do they bounce back from mistakes? How receptive to coaching are they? How well do they understand the concepts behind the calls. Finally, how do they respond in certain situations? Do they know the down and distance? Are they aware of where they are on the field? Certain places you can't take a sack. Certain places you can't throw a ball away, and certain places you have to. 

I'm guessing they really turned the heat up on both of them over the last week or two, had them drinking out of a fire hydrant full of information, and then ran them through a lot of stress intensive situational ball. My guess is Bo handled all that better than Joey. 

Pure speculation on my part, I just think the race has been over simplified by some people to who can throw the ball better.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throws and decisions.  Just incredible for a HS player.

I'm gonna say 21-27 for 260 yards and 3 TDs vs Oregon

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I wonder what would make him say that?

All the media talking about how AU will fail. I for one am glad these guys see it. That chip on the shoulder always helps. When someone says I can’t do something I automatically up my determination even higher hope and believe these guys will too.

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It usually comes down to turnovers in a situation like this. Neither one can be counted on to win a game but they would be held accountable to not give it away. That's my guess

Gus in a nutshell with most offensive positions.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sooo Bo Nix is tabbed the starting QB. Can we talk about that? I love Cam & all but please focus.

Thank you. Never seen a forum get so off subject so fast lol. That being said I’m super excited. Both QB’s were waiting their whole lives for this moment so of course this is a sad situation for Joey but I am very excited to see what Bo does.

Do you think there’s as much pressure on Bo going into this season as there was for say JJ in 2015? Or is that a different type of pressure?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gus in a nutshell with most offensive positions.

I go with Gus on this. You got two young QBs that both have to learn under fire. I’m going with the one I feel will make less major mistakes early on.

1 minute ago, ColtonSpain said:

Do you think there’s as much pressure on Bo going into this season as there was for say JJ in 2015? Or is that a different type of pressure?

I don't believe an athlete should care what people say about them & thus having pressure placed on them externally. There are some on here who disagree with me on that. They are better to ask than me.

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He should never have been put in the situation to have to start as a true freshman.  That's on Gus for poor QB recruiting/evaluation/coaching.

Do you mind expanding on this?

4 minutes ago, ColtonSpain said:

Thank you. Never seen a forum get so off subject so fast lol.

It’s only because you are new.  I have never seen a thread on here not get off subject.  

16C72782-E880-40C9-A88E-1332A9A4CFC8.gif

Welcome to the forum!

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Yeah, shame on Gus. But I’m sure Saban and Smart putting TF in to start is just fine.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't believe an athlete should care what people say about them & thus having pressure placed on them externally. There are some on here who disagree with me on that. They are better to ask than me.

I’ve had an athlete like a twitter post that I didn’t tag them in. The new generation is always checking to see what others are saying about them, irrelevant strangers or not. Like KD, but not as undercover 

Don’t know if y’all missed it but Gus wasn’t willing to say he’d have a package for Joey against Oregon. 

I guess gamesmanship matters again.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You decide if you agree with him or not on the recruiting part. 2018 & 2019 are Joey & Bo. Jury is out on both right now. 2017 was Stidham. He was good in year 1 & ok in year 2. He stayed the 2 years as expected. Had Narcisse committed in 2017 but he flipped to LSU. He didn't develop & transferred to UTSA. 2016 was JF3 who was a questionable take but he wouldn't be on roster now anyway. The evaluation part was highly question before Stidham & may still be for some. The coaching part has been a steady concern with Gus as AU HC, especially for high school QBs.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would say this is only the rare, really elite athlete that meets that description. Ideally that would be the case but it ain’t many, even at the pro level

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve had an athlete like a twitter post that I didn’t tag them in. The new generation is always checking to see what others are saying about them, irrelevant strangers or not. Like KD, but not as undercover 

2nd post of yours I couldn't like due to being out of votes.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t know if y’all missed it but Gus wasn’t willing to say he’d have a package for Joey against Oregon. 

I guess gamesmanship matters again.

That's 3

Archived