***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

KN, the recruiting guy, thinks he knows more than Marcello or PM?

I say this because when he joins their podcast, he brings up his knowledge is usually limited to recruiting.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has this thread become!? I did not supply y’all with my wealth of starting QB information so you could fall apart! Next time I’m keeping it a secret until kickoff! Tisk tisk... 

😆

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

15 practices at most & mop up work in a game doesn't make up for the live game experience advantage Bo had as being a QB starter for 4 years even though it was in high school since Joey was an offensive swiss army knife through his JR year & split time at QB his SR year..

Exactly. Just knowing JG  went toe to toe with a guy that been training since he was big enough to walk shows how much athletic talent Joey has. He probably would have beat out most of the QBs that came into D1 but unfortunately he had to match up against the best QB that came in. Just don’t sell Joey short. Understand what we have in Bo . He is not your ordinary True Freshman. War Eagle Bo and Joey go make us champions.

One cool thing to think about and a nod to Gus: when was the last time a team let a true freshmen talk to the media?  Today we did just that.  

Just now, aujeff11 said:

KN, the recruiting guy, thinks he knows more than Marcello or PM?

I say this because when he joins their podcast, he brings up his knowledge is usually limited to recruiting.

KN is the Goat lol. Marcello, no comment from me. “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it all”, and PM...

9F53DC2A-B380-4923-A55B-4D6885C56B9D.gif

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yup, that's why you hit up my profile page twice already today. Can you go back and find yet another earlier post of mine to downvote for spite? 

Lol. Yet you're downvoting me, talking about me, quoting me and we haven't EVER had a convo.....why not do me as I was doing you? I never paid attention to you and didn't know you existed. Treat me the same

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I think he’s a little upset right now because... I mean he was wanting a certain quarterback just because.... Well, what I mean he didn’t want a certain quarterback just because.... Well, never mind, just never mind.

Quit

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

KN is the Goat lol. Marcello, no comment from me. “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it all”, and PM...

9F53DC2A-B380-4923-A55B-4D6885C56B9D.gif

He’s the GOAT at recruiting...

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Yet you're downvoting me, talking about me, quoting me and we haven't EVER had a convo.....why not do me as I was doing you? I never paid attention to you and didn't know you existed. Treat me the same

That's simply not true, but whatever bro. 

Looks like this will be an argument thread between 3-5 posters who won’t let s*** go. May be time to move on. It’s been fun guys! ready for the 31st

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Yes still confused; I just don’t have your superior knowledge. Please forgive me for that and try to understand we can’t all be as intelligent as you. I just know how bad you were pulling for Joey... because you are... I mean you wanted Joey and not Bo because ... well you know... just never mind then.

Again, just trying to help.

OK enought already lets just pull Auburn to victory how about it.

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

That's simply not true, but whatever bro. 

I'm not your bro and we've interacted when? Definitely not today. Why are you being deceitful?

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

One cool thing to think about and a nod to Gus: when was the last time a team let a true freshmen talk to the media?  Today we did just that.  

This 100%. 

One thing I picked up during his presser was his recognition of needing to find his role as leader of the team. IMO what makes a difference in a good freshman WB and a great one with this kind of skill set is their ability to mold themselves into that role (i.e. Fromm at UGA and Lawrence at Clemson). It’s got to be tough to come in green as grass and do that seeing as there’s probably already established leaders on both sides of the ball. Hopefully he can mold himself into that position now that he’s named. 

My goodness..on another note, glad to see Bo getting some credit on the wheels. That will be necessary for his success here imo. No he doesn’t need to go for 100 yards rushing a game, but if he can improvise just enough , man this offense will take off. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

My goodness..on another note, glad to see Bo getting some credit on the wheels. That will be necessary for his success here imo. No he doesn’t need to go for 100 yards rushing a game, but if he can improvise just enough , man this offense will take off. 

Has he?  Gus was scared sh!tless to run Stidham.  I'm terrified we're going to continue being a tailback dive offense because Gus won't run the QB.  When Jax State pinches the DE's it's a forgone conclusion you either don't have DT QB or you have a play caller who's scared of QB2.  I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Looks like this will be an argument thread between 3-5 posters who won’t let s*** go. May be time to move on. It’s been fun guys! ready for the 31st

Yep.

Reading this thread be like...

bEzDk9QSRdm0s7t53ifq_Ultimate Warrior Stomp My Balls.gif

Damn, I hope Joey, Bo, and the team are taking this announcement better than is the aufamily.com football forum. I was hoping JG would be the guy just because...man those physical skills. I’m thrilled that Bo is the guy because he must be really good to beat out JG. I didn’t care what race, creed, or color the winner of the QB competition was because, well, I’m an Old English Sheepdog. WDE!!!!! WOOOOO!!!! LET’S GO!!!!

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like I said earlier, we should still implement JG, whether it is sometimes at QB and sometimes at say big slot. Too much talent to be riding the pine/to let transfer elsewhere

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Has he?  Gus was scared sh!tless to run Stidham.  I'm terrified we're going to continue being a tailback dive offense because Gus won't run the QB.  When Jax State pinches the DE's it's a forgone conclusion you either don't have DT QB or you have a play caller who's scared of QB2.  I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

JS is the reason I never trusted the DT tag for QB’s, until the spring game. Bo is twice what JS was with his legs

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I would trust what he says over BM or PM, just my opinion tho lol. KN is savvy.

Hopefully @ellitor will help me out but please entertain me until then, what kind of practice intel does he give?

Archived