***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand how if you think he should go to a school where he can play is viewed negatively.....I feel like I could be missing something that's right in my face as I can't see how a person could feel differently. Is there someone who takes that stance AND also knows what he's talking about that can explain it? It would probably have to be someone who wasn't a fan club member. 

The point is DTR's post lacked tact to post the day a starting QB is announced. We all want Joey to do what's best for him. We also want AU to flourish. We are hoping that it can work out with him staying & contributing greatly. Out of respect for both QBs who fought their asses off to win the job let's just give it some time & preferrably a few games before talking about Joey potentially transferring.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand how if you think he should go to a school where he can play is viewed negatively.....I feel like I could be missing something that's right in my face as I can't see how a person could feel differently. Is there someone who takes that stance AND also knows what he's talking about that can explain it? It would probably have to be someone who wasn't a fan club member. 

Who cares man? This is a thread about Bo being named the starter. It is way too early to be even having that conversation.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Who cares man? This is a thread about Bo being named the starter. It is way too early to be even having that conversation.

Well I care so I asked and it seems weird and to imply that a person isn't a fan because of that is crazy IMO. To think JG wouldn't be talked about a starting QB thread doesn't really make sense either....but it's actually my bad Bo won that position and I guess the everybody better fall in line as well....

What about asking about if 2 QB's going to be used as well? Is that allowed or nah

1 minute ago, AubWes33 said:

Calling it now. Nix is going to toss 3 td's in the opener. 

And runs for 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The point is DTR's post lacked tact to post the day a starting QB is announced. We all want Joey to do what's best for him. We also want AU to flourish. We are hoping that it can work out with him staying & contributing greatly. Out of respect for both QBs who fought their asses off to win the job let's just give it some time & preferrably a few games before talking about Joey potentially transferring.

Still don't see how that's bad for Auburn and everybody had to expect as much I would think? But ok, gotcha. Championship or bust!

Just now, cole256 said:

Well I care so I asked and it seems weird and to imply that a person isn't a fan because of that is crazy IMO. To think JG wouldn't be talked about a starting QB thread doesn't really make sense either....but it's actually my bad Bo won that position and I guess the everybody better fall in line as well....

What about asking about if 2 QB's going to be used as well? Is that allowed or nah

Nobody is saying JG shouldn't be talked about. I think what most of us is saying is why post something like that at this point of time? For one, neither has even played a down this year. For all we know, JG can absolutely prove to be a better QB, if he gets the opportunity (Which I think he will). Two? What if an injury occurs (God forbid). Then he really will have to be ready. Having you been saying this whole summer, we really don't know what to expect from either until they play live? Yet, you are talking about transferring, already? Surely you are smart enough to make the distinction between talking about transferring versus using two QBs?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Nobody is saying JG shouldn't be talked about. I think what most of us is saying is why post something like that at this point of time? For one, neither has even played a down this year. For all we know, JG can absolutely prove to be a better QB, if he gets the opportunity (Which I think he will). Two? What if an injury occurs (God forbid). Then he really will have to be ready. Having you been saying this whole summer, we really don't know what to expect from either until they play live? Yet, you are talking about transferring, already? Surely you are smart enough to make the distinction between talking about transferring versus using two QBs?

Yeah and I'm smart enough to know that won't work or be good for JG. I also posted and said as much but I assume you didn't see that. I was more so confused on the you're not an Auburn fan if you say this...clearly you're feeling a type of way and felt like you don't even want that to be said....which I can't understand why that's what you would feel needs to be regulated. I guess you're just happy right now

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d love to see Joey go to somewhere like OU 

Why? We need him at AU as a backup!

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I'll be impressed if Gus calls 3 pass plays ...

Three bubble screens

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There are plenty of us here that love both Bo and Joey. And we want what's best for both Bo and Joey. But that doesn't automatically mean that Joey transferring somewhere else is what's best for him. We don't know what the future holds. We don't know if there will be an injury. We don't know if the stage is too big or the speed of the game is too fast for a true freshman. Joey needs to be patient. To kiss him bye-bye already is disrepectful to Joey, IMHO, because you are saying that he doesn't believe in himself and he can never win the job at Auburn, so he'll move on. They haven't even played one snap of a single game. He could actually end up being QB1 at sometime during the year. Who knows? And who knows if Gus may plan to use Joey and his talent in every game? Joey won't take the first snap of the first game. That's what we know.

Sorry, I am being redundant. It took me so long to type this out, that others posted the exact same sentiment! 

Let just remember that getting beat out by a five star #1 dual threat QB in the country is not bad. It was a good contest . Joey has no reason to be anything but thrilled with the fact that he competed well and is by all means a very good QB. He has no reason to change positions or leave. He is and will remain one play away from that top spot. I wish Bo the best but as in all cases injuries happen more than we want especially in the SEC West. Don’t forget Tua last year. There might be days that Bo just doesn’t have it or is sick. Joey still has a shot as long as he is here and he should train and be prepared for his moment.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah and I'm smart enough to know that won't work or be good for JG. I also posted and said as much but I assume you didn't see that. I was more so confused on the you're not an Auburn fan if you say this...clearly you're feeling a type of way and felt like you don't even want that to be said....which I can't understand why that's what you would feel needs to be regulated. I guess you're just happy right now

What? LOL. Yes I am happy for Auburn? Why would I not be happy for Auburn?  I am excited for Bo Nix too. I would be equally as excited if JG was the starter and have the same response if someone would utter Bo should transfer. Neither has done a thing that has set in stone who will be the starter for the duration of the year. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d love to see Joey go to somewhere like OU 

Sorry, you just forgot backups typically play in the SEC, every season.

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro that is not what he was saying lol. He is actually accusing others of maliciously attacking our media because of their reports, solely because it didn't align with who they wanted at qb

I'd sure like to see even one example of anyone attacking the media, malicious or not. 

Some including myself thought maybe the media and Gus were playing a game with Oregon. But not once did I or anyone else that I saw attack the media in the slightest over the Nix reporting. 

So please show me a single person who "maliciously" attacked the media, or admit this was a GROSS EXAGGERATION of what was actually said.

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'd sure like to see even one example of anyone attacking the media, malicious or not. 

Some including myself thought maybe the media and Gus were playing a game with Oregon. But not once did I or anyone else that I saw attack the media in the slightest over the Nix reporting. 

So please show me a single person who "maliciously" attacked the media, or admit this was a GROSS EXAGGERATION of what was actually said.

You flat out whined at me for quoting Titan to another poster. Then you said well you at least need to cite the source who only talks about Bo. I didn't even know who the hell the sources were. I just was informing the poster. 

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No we aren’t. That’s still Bama or Georgia or the Yankees lol.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

The Schwartz stays salty. I love it. Tell yourself whatever you gotta to get that mind right, kid!

Wrap that hand like Patrick Willis and letssssss goooooo!

93B939B4-E631-44FF-A03D-41DB3B0BFBAE.gif

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Welp, hopefully Gus has a plan to prevent Gatewood from transferring.

Simple. Will be the same plan as keeping K-Mart.

Archived