***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He will. He's a gunslinger. I just hope he makes sure he completes it.

Good point, but late throws over the middle ain't no way to make a living. 

OSuper excited for Nix and I love everything about this decision. That’s a gutsy call to go with a true freshman QB on a make or break year. Good for Gus.

Side Note: I just spent the last hour rewatching Bo Nix’s highlight reels...again.... and one thing that stuck out is just how smooth his release is on slants, quick and right on the money. They are truly a thing of beauty. I know we haven’t seen one  in 84 years but if Gus doesn’t utilize his efficiency with those, ESPECIALLY with the possibly poor O-Line play then he is an idiot. 

I think we will see some early mistakes, as with any freshman QB but kid can ball. At least he won’t be holding onto the ball for 6+ seconds. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

WDE and do the damn thing Bo!!

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt, although they'll be able to remedy those types of mistakes without the need for full contact. 

Yeah after you identify it. The decision making process is different when that pressure is up. I'm sure they told him to never make that throw again though lol

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

Bo is a very good QB. But I still worry about him producing in Malzahn's offense.

We’ll see.  Gus used to be a genius at adapting his offense to fit his QB. (Arky Wildcat, Tulsa heavy passing attack, Chris Todd 2009, Cam, and then Nick Marshall in 2013-14)

The question is, will Gus (now that he is running the O and calling the plays again) adapt to Bo’s strengths?   If so, we could be really, really good!!!

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yeah after you identify it. The decision making process is different when that pressure is up. I'm sure they told him to never make that throw again though lol

Yeah I agree there is no substitution for full live play

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand how if you think he should go to a school where he can play is viewed negatively.....I feel like I could be missing something that's right in my face as I can't see how a person could feel differently. Is there someone who takes that stance AND also knows what he's talking about that can explain it? It would probably have to be someone who wasn't a fan club member. 

I appreciate willingly dying on the same stake that I did lol 

29 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’ve seen the comparisons some have made but to me this is visual representation of it. He does have a Baker Mayfield type of style. I believe I’ll be biting my fingernails the entire time I’m watching him, the same way I was when OU played UGA in the CFP. If he has even half the success this is gone be fun to watch. Let him sling it, if its across the middle of the field and it’s picked off so be it. That gives us a better chance of going somewhere than that stuck in the mud stuff we went through last year. I held my breath every time Nic Marshall released the ball but it sure was fun to watch and we always had somewhat of a chance. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I appreciate willingly dying on the same stake that I did lol 

I'm trying to show you, you can live as long as you think your stuff thru, half these guys don't know anymore than you.....

Well I may be exaggerating that a bit with you....25% of these guys don't know any more than you 😂

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm great. I'm not like you, whoever is good is all I care about. You on the other hand? Lol you can't hide it

I’m confused by your response, but just want to make sure you’re OK. I am here to help, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to let me know.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The fall camp competition went about 180 degrees different than I expected not going to lie.  

It seems like Nix stood out in areas that I knew he was going to stand out going in. And the other areas were brushed off as risky. Still, Nix won the trust from Gus. He did his job. Can only hope for the best.

The outsider, Josh Pate, saying he thought he saw Malzahn trying to hold back on talking about Nix during media days might’ve been dead on. 

You guys say that but that's was pretty much jj/SW. One guy believed in his arm too much and would sling it which resulted in ints but td's as well. The other guy wouldn't throw risky balls wish resulted in few td's and few picks.....

Either way though......we'll need a RUNNING GAME; O Line; and a DEFENSE

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I’m confused by your response, but just want to make sure you’re OK. I am here to help, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to let me know.

You were confused when you clicked on a football board. But even you have to know that humor hasn't ever been your thing on here.....You should give that up 😂

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The fall camp competition went about 180 degrees different than I expected not going to lie.  

It seems like Nix stood out in areas that I knew he was going to stand out going in. And the other areas were brushed off as risky. Still, Nix won the trust from Gus. He did his job. Can only hope for the best.

The outsider, Josh Pate, saying he thought he saw Malzahn trying to hold back on talking about Nix during media days might’ve been dead on. 

It usually comes down to turnovers in a situation like this. Neither one can be counted on to win a game but they would be held accountable to not give it away. That's my guess

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm trying to show you, you can live as long as you think your stuff thru, half these guys don't know anymore than you.....

Well I may be exaggerating that a bit with you....25% of these guys don't know any more than you 😂

You had me in the first half

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@augolf1716 serious or being your normal picking self when us young-uns are squabbling?

Just for you e......................as Jay says it ain't no fun playing bump and run unless your the DB

Also Don't bring down man.............................................

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who wants to argue that Gus will tell us nothing?

If you’re right, our boys also had a good day of practice. 

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

For all those saying JG should transfer...  I hate to think what would have happened if Tom Brady would have transferred because he was sitting for the first 2 years of his career at MI.

Joey is staring at 4 seasons, bro...little different. I dont see how he'll stay..

Archived