2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm guessing not Auburn. Haven't heard movement from JBoy, Tay, or Dukes plus Keith & JLee have posted nothing on him.

Nope can’t be us because he hasn’t posted that we offered yet and I know he’s not trying to wait around forever 

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2020 at 6:11 PM, Sizzle said:

Nope can’t be us because he hasn’t posted that we offered yet and I know he’s not trying to wait around forever 

Maybe he has an offer now, since apparently Gooch is slip-sliding away?

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe he has an offer now, since apparently Gooch is slip-sliding away?

@Mikey not yet although it could come. There is talk of us liking a guy like Jack Tucker better than Crum. JBoy posted these interesting tweets on Crum

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. He could just be biding time, hoping it does.

It’s the only thing that makes sense to me. With Gooch gone now we have 2 tackles spots open. We might as well go ahead and see if we lock Crum down now and try to end it with bringing in the big fish (Mims)

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

@Sizzle Him waiting & hoping makes just as much sense & Keith said that is exactly what is happening. There is no indications yet AU will offer. If the staff doesn't feel he's an SEC talent they aren't going to reach for him.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle Him waiting & hoping makes just as much sense & Keith said that is exactly what is happening. There is no indications yet AU will offer. If the staff doesn't feel he's an SEC talent they aren't going to reach for him.

If we’re gone be honest. If it’s not Byrd or Mims, any other tackles we get are probably going to be reaches 

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If we’re gone be honest. If it’s not Byrd or Mims, any other tackles we get are probably going to be reaches 

Maybe but that doesn’t mean the staff should take someone just because they’re an easy get. They should still try to get the most talented recruit available. Also the oline is a position where kids pop up their senior years every year.

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Honestly, this is where we have screwed up in the past.  Offensive line is the toughest position to predict. You have to protect yourself with some numbers.  Your most athletic guys don't wind up on the offensive line in high school. There aren't enough sure things to go around.  Most teams have to take some "reaches".  I'm very optimistic we upgraded our ability to recruit the position, but we still need numbers. Sure, it's a fine line, because of course there are guys who just will never be able to play in the SEC. But Jack Driscoll was a 2 star recruit out of high school. You've got to do a great job scouting and pulling in a few guys who can contribute in a few years who don't have the big offers.  I hope we never see another year with only 2 offensive linemen signed.

47 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I hope we never see another year with only 2 offensive linemen signed

Just inexcusable and mind numbingly stupid.

I watched Crum's film and at the time I saw it I said I didn't think he had the potential to be an SEC Linemen. I heard he has lost some weight and can move better than before. I would need to see some senior film highlights before I would change my opinion.  When you watch highlight film and are not impressed it does not speak well for the player. Basically what I saw is the Crum is big but not athletic.

Especially with Gooch moving to Tenn we are in need of more O-Line but please only O-Line that meet our needs.

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Does the Coynis Miller deal have us looking for a juco? 

IDK about juco but I was just coming here to ask @The Jboy Show & @Dukesthescoop if it means we are now going to try to take a 3rd DT in the class? Which we weren't planning to do beforehand.

31 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Tennessee picked up another OT commit today.  Why God?

They have four 5 Star ️ O-linemen on their roster. Pruitt is getting it done in that department. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

They have four 5 Star ️ O-linemen on their roster. Pruitt is getting it done in that department. 

Too bad for them the developing part of college coaching hasn't followed.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

money-make-it-rain.gif

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

money-make-it-rain.gif

And they will get away with it.........unless they Beat Bama. Then the Hammer 🔨 will drop. 😅

Behind the scenes, do programs snitch on each other about gross recruiting violations?   I know this is a very slippery slope and coaches are less likely to do such b/c they may be looking for a job in a year or two.

But come on!   Tenn garnering all this talent and I am not buying, "but they are selling playing time."  This works for most, but all that talent on the OL?   Ummm, no - I reject that for all of them.     Most want a chance to play for a championship and Tenn hasn't even been relevant.  

I am tired of reading how we are losing kids to Tenn and losing most battles in Georgia.  And I know our tactics are soft relative to Saban, Georgia and Tenn - but losing kids to Tenn?   

We have ample of PT to sell on our OL also....

15 minutes ago, Beaker said:

But come on!   Tenn garnering all this talent and I am not buying, "but they are selling playing time."  This works for most, but all that talent on the OL?   Ummm, no - I reject that for all of them.     Most want a chance to play for a championship and Tenn hasn't even been relevant.  

Fulmer is heavily involved with the program at UT so I’m sure they’re skirting some rules. But Pruitt is selling what Kirby is selling: NFL players they’ve recruited and developed, and the dollars they are making. They both learned well from Nick. 

23 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Fulmer is heavily involved with the program at UT so I’m sure they’re skirting some rules. But Pruitt is selling what Kirby is selling: NFL players they’ve recruited and developed, and the dollars they are making. They both learned well from Nick. 

Great reminder about Fulmer.  I forgot he snaked his way back in and yeah, he was slimy when he was there, so I am sure he still is.   UT used to be a respected program when Johnny Majors ran the show.  He was a man of integrity I believe.

Thanks

I don't know about the rest of you but I am already missing E big time. Since he posted his farewell. which I am happy to say other posters showed how well respected he is. There really hasn't been any new information on the board. Maybe a coincidence but I don't think so.

Archived