2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

10 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t think there will be a MAJOR surprise. Or at least not the kind of major surprise we want (Mondon, kool aid, or LJ)

Shut Your Mouth GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

All in fun sizzle. Couldn't pass up an opportunity to post a gif of my 2nd favorite all time wrestler.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Shut Your Mouth GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

All in fun sizzle. Couldn't pass up an opportunity to post a gif of my 2nd favorite all time wrestler.

I’m just trying to jinx it and hopefully get a true surprise commit 😆

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I’m just trying to jinx it and hopefully get a true surprise commit 😆

Big fan of the reverse jinx. Appreciate the effort here! It's a thankless job.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. With Mims trending Georgia, Pounds trending Penn State, and Byrd trending SMU or Oklahoma I’m curious to see who auburn offers between Crum & Orr and when that offer will come.

I think our first choice would be Orr then Crum.  That is from my own analyses I have no information on what the coaches preference would be. 

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think our first choice would be Orr then Crum.  That is from my own analyses I have no information on what the coaches preference would be. 

@AuburnNTexas It actually sounds like the staff's preference would be Crum. Especally since he has supposedly dropped 25 pounds.

21 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Keith says to expect a "major surprise" soon....

Coming back to this Keith didn't say it would be soon. He did just say this though in response to a poster saying MJJ committing would not be a surprise...

Did someone say it would be a major surprise?

Hmm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Coming back to this Keith didn't say it would be soon. He did just say this though in response to a poster saying MJJ committing would not be a surprise...

Hmm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Keith; "Everything will be clear by the end of today"...

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Keith; "Everything will be clear by the end of today"...

He posted that after I said he didn't say soon in his original surprise post. lol

JHead posted a predicted finish to the class FWIW

4* WR Malcolm Johnson Jr.
3* WR Hal Presley
3* OT Rayvon Crum
3* OT Rod Orr or 3* OT Mason Bundy
4* Buck Jeremiah Williams
4* Buck/DE Dylan Brooks
3* Buck/DE Jimmori Robison
5* LB Smael Mondon or 3* LB Trevin Wallace
5* CB Koolaid McKinstry
3* CB Kamari Lassiter
4* S Ahmari Harvey

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

3* WR Hal Presley
3* OT Rayvon Crum
4* Buck/DE Dylan Brooks
5* CB Koolaid McKinstry
3* CB Kamari Lassiter
4* S Ahmari Harvey

I almost thumbs-downed this. Waaaaaaay too optimistic and jinxy. Fake news! FAKE NEWS!

No Nope GIF - No Nope NopeNope - Discover & Share GIFs

(Well, he did leave off Mims and Byrd..... great got ahmighty let it be true.)

(Edit: Also, I just noticed a big "or" in there.)

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

3* WR Hal Presley
3* OT Rayvon Crum
4* Buck/DE Dylan Brooks
5* CB Koolaid McKinstry
3* CB Kamari Lassiter
4* S Ahmari Harvey

That would be an awesome way to finish out this class.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:29 AM, ellitor said:

@JFDTiger80 If it's not MJJ my pure guess is Kool Aid or Mondon. On the DL we are done except at the buck.Scoob Williams is now not committing til December. If we are able to flip Dylan Brooks it likely would be late in the process. Not sure we are ready yet to give Jimmori Robinson the green light yet. On the OL our 3 major targets are trending elsewhere. If it's Orr or Crum then that's underwhelming for a "major surprise."

E, thanks. MJJ committed as expected today. That really wasn’t a surprise. Maybe an early commitment from Scoob would be a nice surprise. I like your other thoughts to on Mondon or Kool Aid. 

I can't ever remember that we don't have a single commitment from a recruit in Georgia and only 2 from Alabama.  Here's the list of states that have commits from. Alabama - 2. Florida - 5. Tennessee - 1. Missouri - 1. Virginia - 1. We have a strong list of awesome commits, but I am surprised about GA and AL.

22 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I can't ever remember that we don't have a single commitment from a recruit in Georgia and only 2 from Alabama.  Here's the list of states that have commits from. Alabama - 2. Florida - 5. Tennessee - 1. Missouri - 1. Virginia - 1. We have a strong list of awesome commits, but I am surprised about GA and AL.

I don't like this either. Some may say it's ok, but to me it looks like we are getting run out of our main, favored areas and are having to go hunt in someone else's woods.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't like this either. Some may say it's ok, but to me it looks like we are getting run out of our main, favored areas and are having to go hunt in someone else's woods.

??? Brooks is still a possible flip too no matter he says in interviews 4EA3874C-5C8C-441A-A122-FDA4CBECD7A8.jpeg

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/16/20)

Adding another one. Waiting for Keith or JLee to say he's a take before creating a thread on him.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Adding another one. Waiting for Keith or JLee to say he's a take before creating a thread on him.

Argyle, TX. 6'6 270, listed as a tackle. All I got.

It seems, though, that there's a trend towards long and lean at the tackle spots. I dig it. Prince Tega was 250 as a recruit.

Guys, we really are doing a great job recruiting in almost every position.  Kudos to the coaching staff, as this hasn't always been the case.  I like it.

There is one exception, though.  I've said this before, and I'll say it again: we are way behind the arms race in O-line talent.  We are bringing in better numbers, but the talent level is a major dropoff from a decade ago.  That stands to hurt us significantly in all facets of the offense.

My hope is with new coaching, we'll develop the guys better.  That said, we've got to pick it up in recruiting the trenches.  War Eagle.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: we are way behind the arms race in O-line talent.  We are bringing in better numbers, but the talent level is a major dropoff from a decade ago. 

I don't think the talent from 10 years ago was significantly better. However, as you pointed out, the coaching was. The Hand experiment and the 2nd stint of JB really hurt us developmentally. 

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Here’s his highlights. Auburn offered him back in March then he committed to Tech right after

Archived