2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@abw0004 Unlikely as a schollied player. He's in the 2022 class & it looks like Chad has zeroed in on his top targets for that class.

Dang.  Is he rated at all?  I would hate to push him out if he is highly regarded.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Is he rated at all?

No. It’s his first year as a starter. Graded or not he’s only got one offer, from Troy.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. It’s his first year as a starter. Graded or not he’s only got one offer, from Troy.

E already knows what I am about to say. If first year as a starter and class of 2022 he has time to change people's minds by showing what he can do on the field.  Every year there are kids who are not on the boards initially or if they are are near the bottom but as the season goes on they move up. There are also kids who have a great game and don't follow it up with other great games. Recruiting is fluid because the young men teams scout change from year to year.  The kid who had a growth spurt but it takes them a year to get their coordination or to add the needed weight skinny frame. A new coach comes in and has an offense that fits a young man's game and showcases the young mans skill set. The game slows down and the player just knows what to do.

Players don't all develop at the same speed either physically or mentally in their knowledge of their game.  Some need the right coach to teach them what they can become.

Are these players still on Auburn's recruiting board? Jarquez Hunter is a RB from Miss. & Jah'von Grigsby is a safety from La. Thank you.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I heard 4 or 7

It's surely 50/50.

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

E already knows what I am about to say. If first year as a starter and class of 2022 he has time to change people's minds by showing what he can do on the field.  Every year there are kids who are not on the boards initially or if they are are near the bottom but as the season goes on they move up. There are also kids who have a great game and don't follow it up with other great games. Recruiting is fluid because the young men teams scout change from year to year.  The kid who had a growth spurt but it takes them a year to get their coordination or to add the needed weight skinny frame. A new coach comes in and has an offense that fits a young man's game and showcases the young mans skill set. The game slows down and the player just knows what to do.

Players don't all develop at the same speed either physically or mentally in their knowledge of their game.  Some need the right coach to teach them what they can become.

All that is true but it's also true many staffs dial in on their QB targets earlier than most positions so unless a team is missing all their top targets the board doesn't usually shift much at QB.

6 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Are these players still on Auburn's recruiting board? Jarquez Hunter is a RB from Miss. & Jah'von Grigsby is a safety from La. Thank you.

@auburn4ever It has been said many times LJ Johnson is the only RB we would take with Goodwin in this class. That hasn't changed & don't expect it to unless JBoy or Tay or an AU recruiting reporter says otherwise. Also barring attrition we are done at safety in this class now that we have Harvey & O'Brien in the class.

17 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Grigsby probably is

50 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Grigsby probably is

I wonder if we are looking at him as a back up option at CB if we miss Lassiter &/or Kool aid?

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Grigsby probably is

He looks extremely confused on where he is at the moment.  Reminds me of another picture...

0c2.jpg

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wonder if we are looking at him as a back up option at CB if we miss Lassiter &/or Kool aid?

Probably. He has an official offer from us and everything 

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Probably. He has an official offer from us and everything 

Not sure everyone who has a "official offer" is a take. At least historically it hasn't worked out that way.

So we're pretty much a lock for the top player in the state for the first time since at least 2007. We've already got commitments from two of the top five players in the state and we are looking good for a third. We've even still got a good shot at the 5th guy. So it is likely we will get four of the top five players in the state, including the top guy, with a chance to get all five. That's probably the best that we will have ever done in state, even compared to the years that Tubs was able to take advantage of bama being on probation.

Can we get kicked out of our own backyard every year?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So we're pretty much a lock for the top player in the state for the first time since at least 2007. We've already got commitments from two of the top five players in the state and we are looking good for a third. We've even still got a good shot at the 5th guy. So it is likely we will get four of the top five players in the state, including the top guy, with a chance to get all five. That's probably the best that we will have ever done in state, even compared to the years that Tubs was able to take advantage of bama being on probation.

With UGA locking down the majority of the talent in GA this year along with our emphasis on Texas, grabbing the elite talent from Alabama was huge for this staff. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

dasdas.gif

dgfdgf.gif

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

dasdas.gif

dgfdgf.gif

Oh, I broke my hand on my desk earlier, it's cool. 

(Nah, I hear you. But I'm numb to it now. You can only rip my heart out, light it on fire and then stomp out the flames so many times before I get used to it.)

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So we're pretty much a lock for the top player in the state for the first time since at least 2007

Nothing is pretty much a lock in recruiting & particularly with something like that so can we please stop with the jinx posts. lol

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

the years that Tubs was able to take advantage of bama being on probation.

Other than 1 or 2 classes he really didn't. Now if we had this recruiting staff when Shula was at Bama we would have consistently pulled top 5 classes.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nothing is pretty much a lock in recruiting & particularly with something like that so can we please stop with the jinx posts. lol

Other than 1 or 2 classes he really didn't. Now if we had this recruiting staff when Shula was at Bama we would have consistently pulled top 5 classes.

Yeah, buddy, I know. And you know I know.

As for Tubs, that was kind of my point. Even when bama was down, we didn't recruit in state as well as we are in this cycle. I probably should've worded that better, though.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I'm guessing not Auburn. Haven't heard movement from JBoy, Tay, or Dukes plus Keith & JLee have posted nothing on him.

Archived