The Texas A&M game

gr82b4au

2 hours ago, hikerdns said:

Anyone been to College Station and have some tips on where to park or tailgate?

We went in 2013. They have a parking garage which is pretty big just a couple of blocks from the stadium- $20. We got there early and had no problem. They have the  tailgate guys so kind of the same setup as Auburn. We had some A&M friends already set up so didn’t take our own stuff. There are also some pretty cool bars a few blocks from the stadium. Be sure and see them marching into the stadium- pretty neat. Also the nicest fans I have been around in the SEC and I have been to all of the stadium except LSU and Mizzou. Nice before the game and after we beat them. They all say “howdy”! Have fun and bring home the victory! War Eagle!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm right nervous about this one. Couple things I can promise you are: 

1. I'm not going to participate in the game thread. 

2. You're not going to see me around here for a while if we lose. This place is going to be unbearable. 

Also, I take back all the bad things I've ever said about Kellen Mond. He's the greatest quarterback in the country as far as I'm concerned. 

I have no idea why but I really believe we win this one.  In fact, and I hesitate to do this, but I am going to refrain from negative Gus talk all week. I want to go into a big game with enthusiasm and hope and if we win this game then things get real interesting the rest of the way.  Lets track em Tigers. 

46 minutes ago, wde21 said:

We went in 2013. They have a parking garage which is pretty big just a couple of blocks from the stadium- $20. We got there early and had no problem. They have the  tailgate guys so kind of the same setup as Auburn. We had some A&M friends already set up so didn’t take our own stuff. There are also some pretty cool bars a few blocks from the stadium. Be sure and see them marching into the stadium- pretty neat. Also the nicest fans I have been around in the SEC and I have been to all of the stadium except LSU and Mizzou. Nice before the game and after we beat them. They all say “howdy”! Have fun and bring home the victory! War Eagle!

Appreciate the insight!

3 hours ago, hikerdns said:

I went in '13 and '17. Fans were very nice both years. Campus is pretty flat and spaced out compared to ours but there is a golf course in the middle of it. We ate after the game at Torchy's Tacos, it's a chain but it was pretty tasty if you're into TexMex and sports bars. We followed signs for parking and paid like $20 bucks to park at a middle school or something like that. It was a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium from there. Can't speak to the tailgate scene because we didn't know any A&M people to hang out with. 

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

The slants caused us some problems. Also we were so close TWICE to a pick 6, but the DBs have to be sure because in both cases it backfired and the WR was able to get a ton of yards. 

Yep Daniel Thomas had his hands on one of them but he missed it by like half a second

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

1. I'm not going to participate in the game thread. 

I found that if I stay away from the internet during the games I feel better about the team and the coaches. 

It is winnable. Fully expect Aggies to stack the box forcing us to throw. Hopefully we have a plan for that instead of trying to run into a brick wall. I hope CGM gives Nix some easy throws to get warmed up instead of trying to throw bombs. Both Defenses are good.. points could be at a premium. Can’t wait to watch. 

If we have these guys going 100%

Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, Will Hastings, and Derrick Brown

Then I think we’ll be alright. A fully healthy group of receivers should help Bo a little and now Stove is coming on as well as Sal has been used more.

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

You taking a bathroom break in the middle of your post?

Please continue...

It was meant to read that no matter how much we hate Gus’ cute plays, he’s addicted to them like meth. 

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

With Gus isn’t all of these vanilla with the exception of the cute Gus in the red zone (no one likes that)?  I mean every defense knows these plays and defends them with ease.

You pretty much nailed it. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What I hate is that the cutest, weirdest, most unexpected thing he's done in 5 years was let a backup QB throw a short pass to the middle of the field in the red zone the other night. 

But what I love is that he did it and maybe there's more where that came from.

But what I hate is that, as with the winning TD against Oregon, we see one second of normal, sound football strategy from our head coach and we have to celebrate it as I did in my prior sentence. 

IMO, Gatewood made that decision on his own. Gus prolly rheemed him the next day. 

Offenses right now are similar. Inconsistent and at times underwhelming. 

Our defense is better than there's, but it is a road game for us.

I see a relatively low scoring game. The game will be decided by whichever team can manage one solid drive late in the game. We appeared to make some progress last Saturday, but the success is taken with a grain of salt since it was Kent State. If Bo is able to stay calm and avoid mistakes, I like our chances because Mond does not look like a clutch quarterback. 

I have us undefeated going into the LSU game.

It will be a tight, low scoring game.  Lots of back and forth and three and outs.  We will likely trail for a good portion of the game but we get a late field goal and the W Saturday night. 

Auburn  - 20

Texas A&M - 17

8 hours ago, hikerdns said:

The bb coliseum will be open for parking. Not to terrible a walk to the field. 

And

If you have your wife/gf with you, wear sunglasses. If not, keep your head on a swivel. Because A&M has the honeys.

Try to get by the Dixie Chicken. It is equivalent to Auburn's Toomer's drugs.

A&M's special teams are better than Auburn's. At least the coverage aspect of special teams. Auburn's defense is better than A&M's. A&M"s qb is better based on experience. And their line is better than Auburn's. Auburn's wrs and rbs are better than A&Ms.

Is Gus better than Fisher? That is where the game is likely to be won. 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

IMO, Gatewood made that decision on his own. Gus prolly rheemed him the next day. 

If I’m JG you bet your tail I’d call a pass play without permission. Especially with the team up by so much against a nobody. What’s the worst thing he’ll do not let you throw it again? Lol 

I just pray to the football gods we don’t let Kellen Mond look like the next Kyler Murray. He’s looked bad all year and if he looks lights out against us I just might snap.

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

If I’m JG you bet your tail I’d call a pass play without permission. Especially with the team up by so much against a nobody. What’s the worst thing he’ll do not let you throw it again? Lol 

We've all stated that Gus is a man that prides his team on character.  I think if JG did this, Gus might sit him in the next couple of games and put in Cord.  May not matter to some, but it might to others.

With that said, I would love to see what JG could do putting the ball in the air to make the teams respect his run and pass abilities.

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

He’s looked bad all year and if he looks lights out against us I just might snap.

Actually I watched their first home game and he looked incredible. He made some "wow" passes after scrambling that were on the money. I was pretty shocked. Now I will say that their OL in that game looked really bad. 

Of course Mond looked bad in the Clemson game, and I hope that trends continues. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Actually I watched their first home game and he looked incredible. He made some "wow" passes after scrambling that were on the money. I was pretty shocked. Now I will say that their OL in that game looked really bad. 

Of course Mond looked bad in the Clemson game, and I hope that trends continues. 

Tuff to draw real opinions from early-season games. Despite the score against Syracuse, Clemson had some real problems and Syracuse is not that good. Texas a&m did not look very offensive against Clemson. Should be an opportunity for the defense to make a difference for Auburn.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Tuff to draw real opinions from early-season games. Despite the score against Syracuse, Clemson had some real problems and Syracuse is not that good. Texas a&m did not look very offensive against Clemson. Should be an opportunity for the defense to make a difference for Auburn.

Why isn't it an opportunity for our offense to make a difference for Auburn?

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Texas State probably had a lot to do with that 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why isn't it an opportunity for our offense to make a difference for Auburn?

the quarterback is young and the offense is not that good. Sometimes it just works that way. So why shouldn't the defense be our strong point?

IMO if we either played aTm in Auburn now or College Station in a month we'd win, but not away now. (I may check soccer & basketball here for a week b/c the football Wolves will be in a fetal position after Gus persists in running up the gut vs aTm w/ this week's guards-playing-tackle OL. 😁) I thought we'd lose 3 anyway and getting punked on the road now - though it means we must win out vs the West- may pay dividends vs UF, UGa & Bama. 

Archived