The Texas A&M game

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

the quarterback is young and the offense is not that good. Sometimes it just works that way. So why shouldn't the defense be our strong point?

We win with defense this year.  Going against Oregon, they kept us in the game long enough for the offense to get a few drives together to score some points. I think we will see this a lot this year - at least until the WRs are healthy and Bo get used to the speed of the game. Hold them under 20 and we should have a great chance. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

the quarterback is young and the offense is not that good. Sometimes it just works that way. So why shouldn't the defense be our strong point?

Texas A&M probably feels the exact same way with the exception of a young QB. 

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That seemed to be your excuse for the Mississippi State last year, too, even when we had a 2nd-year starter and Tom Brady's heir apparent under center. So when is the head coach and play caller whose judgment none of us are qualified to question going to be expected to field a decent offense? He's in year 7.  Do you not think the offense should have some things figured out by the 4th game of the season? Do you really expect the defense to bail the offense out every single week, just like you expected them to last season? 

Our defense has been consistently good and often great since Kevin Steele got here in 2016. Our offense has only had one good season in that time and has mostly been average or worse. And now you're trying to preemptively blame the defense if we lose this game. 

We'll see how it turns out. But if the offense pulls another Mississippi State and refuses to get first downs, much less score points, then no the defense isn't going to hold up the entire game and no it won't be their fault when they eventually get tired and give out against a national title-winning head coach with a live QB. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Why isn't it an opportunity for our offense to make a difference for Auburn?

Clemson scored just 24 at home against A&M. Not saying it’s impossible for us to duplicate or exceed. I just don't see it. Thank God Carlson has been spot on.

Just now, Viper said:

Clemson scored just 24 at home against A&M. Not saying it’s impossible for us to duplicate or exceed. I just don't see it. Thank God Carlson has been spot on.

If we're going to win the game, we're going to have to score more points than the other team. There is an opportunity for our offense to rise to the occasion and play to their potential, play better than TAMU's offense, and to win more battles than they lose against TAMU. 

Logic and past results dictate that our defense will be our defense, which is a good enough defense to win any game. We need the offense to be good enough to win games, too. 

3 hours ago, C'viewTiger said:

We've all stated that Gus is a man that prides his team on character.  I think if JG did this, Gus might sit him in the next couple of games and put in Cord.  May not matter to some, but it might to others.

With that said, I would love to see what JG could do putting the ball in the air to make the teams respect his run and pass abilities.

Oh yeah, I would never actually suggest he do it unless it was for a script on Saturday Night Lights

Archived