Talking All Things Florida (Threads Merged)

Barnacle

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Viper said:

AU/FL opened as a pickem. Now AU -2.

Wow. Didn't expect that for a game down there. 

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Auburn Unveils their jerseys for Florida game:

1303984666.png

Out of reactions, but love it! 

do we squeak by? do we blow them out? do we get our butts handed to us? cuss and discuss........

I’ll take another blowout. Any win would suffice. I only watched Florida vs Miami. I wish they had not lost Franks for the season. He has always sucked imo. 

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

I wish they had not lost Franks for the season. He has always sucked imo. 

Yep. Welcome to week 2 of Auburn playing the backup who is better than the starter.  

Now that our offense appears to be much more balanced, I like our chances much better. (Can’t stress that enough!!!)  Our D is good.  I expect us to hold them in check for the most part.   And I expect our O to make enough plays to win the game against their pretty solid D.  

We match up well. This is a VERY important game for us to get to the 9 wins and take some of the pressure off in the process. That formula is to win all  8 games not named TAMU, UGA, LSU, bama. Then win at least 1 of those big 4 games and we've done that. We are on schedule but we've got to win those other 8 and Florida is one of them.

edit: Let me just add that back in the day the Florida game was always my favorite game on the schedule. It's too bad we lost that game to accommodate realignment. I have only one more thing to say about this game and that is.... SMASH FLORIDA. 

i want them all bad but i really want this one. i want to beat dan so bad i pull for teams i do not like to beat him. kinda like the north in game of thrones..................auburn never forgets. so i want to put an azz whuppin on him he will never forget. petty i know but i offer no apologies...........

I think we keep the momentum and blow their ass out. Season could still falter at any time, considering our depth, and the toughness of our remaining opponents. But not next Saturday. Next Saturday we kill Florida.

Anytime we play Uncle Fester I want to beat the hell out of 'em. 

Auburn 35

UF          20

Just now, bigbird said:

This will be a major test for our OL.

This will be the best front we've played to date. 

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:
3 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Unis are ok but completely disrespectful to be the homecoming game

Geez....we are their homecoming game? Think We should be insulted😬

Get on the horn to Gus.  He ALWAYS coaches better with a chip on his shoulder.

....matter of fact, tell him Dan Mullen specifically made this the homecoming game. 😁

I think they have a really Good, solid Defense, that and playing in the Swamp will tell us a lot about how good our O really is at this point and just how far we have progressed.

I think it will be a tight game we can win... BUT cannot have careless mistakes, penalties and fumbles... gonna take a 4 quarter well executed game where we catch at least as many breaks as they do if not more than them.

would NOT be surprised if it came down to us making a field goal for the win like in FL games past....

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Anytime we play Uncle Fester I want to beat the hell out of 'em. 

Auburn 35

UF          20

Our scoring defense would be so much better if we weren't playing our 3rd string D throughout the 4th of the last two games.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not really.  Most places around the country, especially up north, play conference games for homecoming.  I actually wish we would.  Homecoming at AU is a joke right now.

In 2010, Missouri (the school that invented homecoming) scheduled it for #1 Oklahoma. (Guess who was #1 the following day?)

So scheduling a patsy for homecoming is something that's more a thing for us and UAT.

so far on a florida board i am looking at seems to give us a lot of respect. many florida fans say dan will have to out coach us to win. and some say state was horrible horrible horrible and we beat no one and will be shocked next saturday late. nothing personal against florida but i hope.......always....we help dan lose his job.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

They should wear black...since they’ll be in mourning over losing their unbeaten season...

The Cocktail Party next year is on Halloween, so Florida should wear all orange and Georgia should wear all black.

the only two teams florida has beaten with winning records i believe is UT Martin & Towson.

Im worried about our pass D/rush.  Will be a 17-21, 24-21 type game.  I’ll say I like our chances to score on their D better than the opposite.  

if this game was one of our first 2 I’d say we lose the away game at the swamp but we’ve matured, appear reasonably healthy and seem to have an idea of what our O wants to be.  We squeak this one out.

Archived