Talking All Things Florida (Threads Merged)

Barnacle

On 9/29/2019 at 3:29 PM, Viper said:

I'm sure Patrick has prepared Bo on how loud that place is...

Wow talk about memories. Watched this at my Grandmother's house with my Dad, brother, and Uncle. Grandmother passed in 2001 and Uncle passed 2 yrs ago. Also, Musburger talking about "Bowden's legacy" in the intro gave me a chuckle. If we only knew then what we know now

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard Mullen on radio last night.  Apparently HBO was there last week and it is airing this week.  He was more worried about talking about being on HBO, Gameday, and CBS than he was about AU.  All he wanted to say was "That is why you come to FL.  To play in these games".   Another interesting quote from him was "I have played a lot of these games against top 10 teams.  This is the first I have been there as well."  Don't know if he just misspoke or what, but wasn't there a time a few years ago that MSU was ranked in top 10 when they played Bama? 

3 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Musburger talking about "Bowden's legacy" in the intro gave me a chuckle. If we only knew then what we know now

He meant Bobby. 

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Heard Mullen on radio last night.  Apparently HBO was there last week and it is airing this week.  He was more worried about talking about being on HBO, Gameday, and CBS than he was about AU.  All he wanted to say was "That is why you come to FL.  To play in these games".   Another interesting quote from him was "I have played a lot of these games against top 10 teams.  This is the first I have been there as well."  Don't know if he just misspoke or what, but wasn't there a time a few years ago that MSU was ranked in top 10 when they played Bama? 

MSU beat us in a 2 vs 3 matchup in 2014 with Gameday in attendance.  So yeah, he misspoke.

I'm not sure we really know how good or bad UF is. Their defense hasn't allowed many points, but statistically they allow a high percentage of their opponents averages in yardage. (meaning if team A averages 200 yards passing per game they will get near that vs UF). That being the case, I don't think their defense has been as good as it may seem. 

I think we will be able to get push up the middle running the ball and that their O-line is going to really struggle with our guys. That typically leads to a W for the good guys. 

The thing about our road performance against TAMU is that we came out on fire and that big crowd never got a chance to get into the game. If the game starts more evenly or UF starts out hot it will be a big test for our guys because despite what some are saying about Kyle Field and Jerry World this is going to be a different environment for our young QB.

Also, Mullen knows how to beat Gus with Miss State caliber athletes. I suspect he will have a good plan to make us really work for it on Saturday. This game will be a lot closer than most of the board is thinking IMO. We beat Miss State by a lot, which we're supposed to do on a yearly basis, but our QB so far has shown to miss the key deep shots on the road but hit them at home. We're going to need him to be less freshman-y in that regard this weekend.

15 hours ago, Carnell said:

Do you remember who our starting quarterback for Auburn was in the 94 game.  Could there be deja vu for the gators on saturday or should I say could the gators be nixed again.

Yes I do but I do not think this game will be anywhere near as close as the 94 game.

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wouldn’t let those ridiculous media reports make me think we really had distractions last year, unless you know something I don’t. I just don’t think we were very good last year, and we seem to be at least kinda very good this year 

I don't know about media reports, but in my eyes, Stidham was never an Auburn guy, and I feel the team felt that.  Receivers leaving early in the season etc.  This is a unified team this year behind a kid that literally bleeds Auburn.

6 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

I don't know about media reports, but in my eyes, Stidham was never an Auburn guy, and I feel the team felt that.  Receivers leaving early in the season etc.  This is a unified team this year behind a kid that literally bleeds Auburn.

Can't get much more Auburn than Bo. It's easy to see how everything gravitates towards him. He's accepted that responsibility well and like you I believe the team feels and feeds off of that. 

23 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Definitely something along those lines. Whether or not he was an Auburn guy, and whether or not he was compromised by the coaching he got, he wasn't an emotional leader or the kind of guy to put a team on his back when everything else was falling apart. And like you said, he didn't have the locker room. 

But even though Stidham wasn't the solution, I wouldn't say he was the problem, either. From play calling to the offensive line to whatever happened with the WR corps, it was a total failure on offense and the defense eventually gave in. They could have probably responded better but it's also understandable that failure begat failure. 

Funny. Except for QB1 and the RB coach, 2018 > 2019 is starting to feel a little like 2003 > 2004. 

19 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe I'm missing something...

You are, it's called objectivity...:party:

Seriously, I think AU wins this one. Not easily, but by more than expected.

19 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You are, it's called objectivity...:party:

Seriously, I think AU wins this one. Not easily, but by more than expected.

LOL!  Being a homer is something I've never been accused of.  Usually the most pessimistic fan on the planet.  But the stats and research tell me that we have a lot of advantages this week.

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

LOL!  Being a homer is something I've never been accused of.  Usually the most pessimistic fan on the planet.  But the stats and research tell me that we have a lot of advantages this week.

UFs inflated stats over the bottom tier teams they've faced don't scare me in the slightest. The Defensive numbers people are pointing out are not being used objectively at all...lol.

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

There was also insider reports from trusted sources on here that confirmed JS wasn’t a popular guy in the locker room. Personally I always felt like JS was a stats guy instead of an Auburn QB. There’s a clear change in the way this offense plays for each other this season imo 

Florida radio host just said that this is the biggest game in Gainesville in a decade. Also gameday has not been there since 2012. 

It is going to be huge ... and I am so pumped!!! I love big games!!!

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Florida radio host just said that this is the biggest game in Gainesville in a decade. Also gameday has not been there since 2012. 

It is going to be huge ... and I am so pumped!!! I love big games!!!

Are you serious? Wow. I bet Gameday has been at BR for the LSU game and Jax for the uga game a few times, though. 

Man, I hope we play well Saturday. We couldn't ask for a better showcase than we're getting this season. Small silver lining to the cloud that is our insanely difficult schedule. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Are you serious? Wow. I bet Gameday has been at BR for the LSU game and Jax for the uga game a few times, though. 

Man, I hope we play well Saturday. We couldn't ask for a better showcase than we're getting this season. Small silver lining to the cloud that is our insanely difficult schedule. 

That is what he said and I was surprised as well. The guy is the FL broadcaster and does the Dan Mullen show. I guess he would know. Biggest game in a decade? I guess this is the first true top 10 match-up they have had in a long while.   

And you aren't kidding. You could not ask for better press for AU. 3 national games already with Gameday twice... in 6 games.  

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We couldn't ask for a better showcase than we're getting this season. Small silver lining to the cloud that is our insanely difficult schedule. 

^^^^^ This.....

.....is what freakin' college football is all about!!!!

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That is what he said and I was surprised as well. The guy is the FL broadcaster and does the Dan Mullen show. I guess he would know. Biggest game in a decade? I guess this is the first true top 10 match-up they have had in a long while.   

And you aren't kidding. You could not ask for better press for AU. 3 national games already with Gameday twice... in 6 games.  

*Love* (out of reactions)

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Definitely something along those lines. Whether or not he was an Auburn guy, and whether or not he was compromised by the coaching he got, he wasn't an emotional leader or the kind of guy to put a team on his back when everything else was falling apart. And like you said, he didn't have the locker room. 

But even though Stidham wasn't the solution, I wouldn't say he was the problem, either. From play calling to the offensive line to whatever happened with the WR corps, it was a total failure on offense and the defense eventually gave in. They could have probably responded better but it's also understandable that failure begat failure. 

Funny. Except for QB1 and the RB coach, 2018 > 2019 is starting to feel a little like 2003 > 2004. 

I think Stidham was in the wrong system. CGM wants to run the ball and without a running qb we do not run well and when we can’t run. the passing game suffers. Now having said that I thought CGM should have adapted play calling to fit what he had on the field. We needed to pass to open up the run..(like he opened up against bama in 2017)  I don’t know if stidham was an Auburn guy or not or if he was a leader. IMO, Nix looks much more athletic.. he can escape sacks and runs well. Something Stidham couldn’t do.  I also see CGM calling plays to the strength of his offense..and allowing Nix to run the zone read has been big in our success this year. I really believe stidham couldn’t have landed in a better stop than New England.. they can game plan around their QB being a statue back there. 😬

10 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I think Stidham was in the wrong system. CGM wants to run the ball and without a running qb we do not run well and when we can’t run. the passing game suffers. Now having said that I thought CGM should have adapted play calling to fit what he had on the field. We needed to pass to open up the run..(like he opened up against bama in 2017)  I don’t know if stidham was an Auburn guy or not or if he was a leader. IMO, Nix looks much more athletic.. he can escape sacks and runs well. Something Stidham couldn’t do.  I also see CGM calling plays to the strength of his offense..and allowing Nix to run the zone read has been big in our success this year. I really believe stidham couldn’t have landed in a better stop than New England.. they can game plan around their QB being a statue back there. 😬

I already took up way too much space in the other thread and I see that you saw that one so I will just acknowledge and appreciate your post here and let this thread remain uncluttered by any more of my BS on this particular topic, lol

Everybody has that friend which certain things gravitate toward them.

Friends where money seems to always find them.

Friends where drama seems to always find them.

etc.

Bo is the guy where winning just seems to find him.

Archived