Talking All Things Florida (Threads Merged)

Barnacle

58 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

With that crowd and their DL they’re going to be coming at Bo all game. He’s really going to have to stay composed in that pocket. Our OL is really about to get tested. WR’s are going to have to make plays too because they have good CB’s. I think they’re DL averages the most sacks per game in the SEC by a wide margin

On offense they’re going to get the ball out of Trask hands quickly. He’s accurate so Auburn DB’s better be ready for the challenge 

Yep. I also imagine FL will blitz like crazy. This will be a big time chess match. 

It will be interesting to see how we handle the crowd noise. This will be nothing like the crowd at TAM. College game day and a rivalry not played in many years? That place will be rocking. Silent count or something maybe?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think we win by double digits (and please note, I said -10 was a gift last week to bettors).

Florida's biggest weakness on offense is their o line.  It's really not that good and got run over at times by Tennessee and Kentucky.  I don't see how they match up well with our D line, especially because Trask really isn't a runner and can't help them much by buying time with his feet.

On defense, I ask this question: what offense with a pulse has UF played?  Miami is atrocious offensively.  Two of their wins are against I-AA teams.  Tennessee is a dumpster fire and still moved the ball well but kept shooting themselves in the foot.  Plus their QB couldn't hit wide open receivers.  And Kentucky was a missed field goal away from beating UF.  UK also put up over 400 yards of offense.

Give A&M that schedule and the Aggies are 5-0 right now too.  MSU is probably 4-1 against that slate with a potential loss to Miami.  We handled both of those teams rather easily.

Basically, my point is that I don't think UF is deserving of the hype right now and all of the advanced metrics show that we have a better team.  Unless we just completely wilt in the afternoon sun or Gus has a brain cramp day calling plays, I don't see us dropping this game.  

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

With that crowd and their DL they’re going to be coming at Bo all game. He’s really going to have to stay composed in that pocket. Our OL is really about to get tested. WR’s are going to have to make plays too because they have good CB’s. I think they’re DL averages the most sacks per game in the SEC by a wide margin

On offense they’re going to get the ball out of Trask hands quickly. He’s accurate so Auburn DB’s better be ready for the challenge 

Very good summary. Even w Schwartz, going to be tough to run sideline to sideline on them. I loved the curl route Schwartz ran on A&M near the 10-yard line. They’ll respect him deep and they’ll get pressure on Nix , so hit em with curls and maybe *gasp* a slant.  

26 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think we win by double digits (and please note, I said -10 was a gift last week to bettors).

Florida's biggest weakness on offense is their o line.  It's really not that good and got run over at times by Tennessee and Kentucky.  I don't see how they match up well with our D line, especially because Trask really isn't a runner and can't help them much by buying time with his feet.

On defense, I ask this question: what offense with a pulse has UF played?  Miami is atrocious offensively.  Two of their wins are against I-AA teams.  Tennessee is a dumpster fire and still moved the ball well but kept shooting themselves in the foot.  Plus their QB couldn't hit wide open receivers.  And Kentucky was a missed field goal away from beating UF.  UK also put up over 400 yards of offense.

Give A&M that schedule and the Aggies are 5-0 right now too.  MSU is probably 4-1 against that slate with a potential loss to Miami.  We handled both of those teams rather easily.

Basically, my point is that I don't think UF is deserving of the hype right now and all of the advanced metrics show that we have a better team.  Unless we just completely wilt in the afternoon sun or Gus has a brain cramp day calling plays, I don't see us dropping this game.  

I honestly feel the same way. Just from what I have seen from them and the competition they have faced as well as Auburn and what Auburn has faced. UF's Defense got over 10 sacks against Miami alone and they are not good. I think we win 34-23 with UF scoring a garbtime TD to make it look closer.

On 9/29/2019 at 4:50 PM, aubiefifty said:

can i bet the house on it mr powers?

To quote a buddy of mine, UF OL ain't got no stomach muscles.

8 hours ago, Newbomb said:

I was at that 1994 game and sat by myself about six rows behind the Gator band.  The drive to win the game went the opposite direction.  What a comeback.  I had be humble when I made it back to my Gator hosts it was not easy.  All that being said I think we win by around 10.

Do you remember who our starting quarterback for Auburn was in the 94 game.  Could there be deja vu for the gators on saturday or should I say could the gators be nixed again.

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. I also imagine FL will blitz like crazy. This will be a big time chess match. 

It will be interesting to see how we handle the crowd noise. This will be nothing like the crowd at TAM. College game day and a rivalry not played in many years? That place will be rocking. Silent count or something maybe?

Perfect time for us to breakout a screen for Shivers and let him take it to the house. That’ll slow that. blitzing down. Also there will probably be a few more QB/RB draws

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Very good summary. Even w Schwartz, going to be tough to run sideline to sideline on them. I loved the curl route Schwartz ran on A&M near the 10-yard line. They’ll respect him deep and they’ll get pressure on Nix , so hit em with curls and maybe *gasp* a slant.  

Yep if they want to play deep then slant and screen them to death. Then when they’re caught sleeping hit them with the deep shot and jet sweeps

I hope the team is taking Florida more seriously than a lot of the fans are.  I realize the last two weeks have been AUmazing but let’s not get carried away with who we beat.  Dan Mullen might be my least favorite coach in college football and I would love to see a 42-6 beat down but I’ll be happy to leave the swamp with a 24-21 win Saturday.  Biggest thing going for Auburn is Florida plays LSU next and my feel a little overwhelmed by the tasks in front of them.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I hope the team is taking Florida more seriously than a lot of the fans are.  I realize the last two weeks have been AUmazing but let’s not get carried away with who we beat.  Dan Mullen might be my least favorite coach in college football and I would love to see a 42-6 beat down but I’ll be happy to leave the swamp with a 24-21 win Saturday.  Biggest thing going for Auburn is Florida plays LSU next and my feel a little overwhelmed by the tasks in front of them.

Are you really comparing fans mentality to players? Of course they are taking them seriously . Of course fans will be a lot more homerism on both sides.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

6 of their players are returning for the game. That's big.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27738682/no-10-florida-getting-6-players-back-auburn-game

correct - including their 2 best defensive players. It is big however that Toney is not playing for them. 

I am more uncomfortable bc of the enormous love AU is getting right now, which I know sounds crazy. BUT last year everyone was sure we would beat LSU and look what happened. I’m hearing the same chatter relative to Florida. Don’t like it. Would rather fly under the radar.  

On 9/29/2019 at 3:04 PM, bigbird said:

This will be a major test for our OL.

I agree but I also think our defense will slap them silly and eat their lunch. This new kid at QB hasn’t seen anything like the 7 headed monster he will encounter come Saturday. Dan probably hasn’t let him watch any film this week cause if h did the kid wouldn’t have been able to sleep. 😁👍

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I am more uncomfortable bc of the enormous love AU is getting right now, which I know sounds crazy. BUT last year everyone was sure we would beat LSU and look what happened. I’m hearing the same chatter relative to Florida. Don’t like it. Would rather fly under the radar.  

If you want to be a consistent championship program then you better learn to deal with media adoration and expectations.   I'd rather have those than fly under the radar every day because it means we're doing something right.

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Just have fun with it. The team is having fun and playing well. Someday the underdog stigma needs to leave. 

It is going to be a great game... Can’t wait! This is what college football is all about. Top 10 matchups!!!

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you want to be a consistent championship program then you better learn to deal with media adoration and expectations.   I'd rather have those than fly under the radar every day because it means we're doing something right.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298c1bab19e2d2d0d123

39 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This isn’t last year. Look we may lose a game this year a lot of good teams will. What we won’t do is lose one like we did before, where we went absent and gave up a 20 point lead. Or lose a RB and not have another plan B . Gus is evolving and he is showing he can change. That in a nutshell is what we been needing. On top of that we have weapons galore. Passing running speed and strength. We can run up the middle or outside we can actually do slants . I don’t know if I have even seen a dumb bubble screen all year. We don’t mind losing if we get beat. We just don’t want to beat ourselves. I just don’t think this team will ever beat theirselves.

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

It’s just hard for me to look on paper and see Florida winning this one. I try to look at it from an unbiased perspective but I still don’t see it for them. Swamp or not. If we take care of the ball and don’t shoot ourselves in the foot, I just don’t see how UF scores enough to beat us 

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Too business like this year.  Different team.  No distractions... Leaders.  This is the real deal.

52 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Too business like this year.  Different team.  No distractions... Leaders.  This is the real deal.

I wouldn’t let those ridiculous media reports make me think we really had distractions last year, unless you know something I don’t. I just don’t think we were very good last year, and we seem to be at least kinda very good this year 

Even though neither is truly fair, the 2017 LSU game would be a better comparison, at least when you view the hype our team had. Florida is a better, and different, opponent than either of those teams. We don’t out talent LSU, which is why they could always come back if we had a lapse in coaching. At worst, this could be an Oregon repeat where Gus gets outcoached for 85% of the game, and the moment is almost too big for Bo, and we still win based on the talent difference. UF’s weak points on offense (QB mobility, basic run scheme due to the pocket QB, poor OL, not a vertical passing attack rn), feed into our strengths imo 

Archived