Talking All Things Florida (Threads Merged)

Barnacle

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm sure Patrick has prepared Bo on how loud that place is...

One of my top 3 moments from a fan standpoint. Spurriers teams in that era were phenomenal. 

37 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Anytime we play Uncle Fester I want to beat the hell out of 'em. 

Auburn 35

UF          20

I've always considered him more Cousin Eddie than Uncle Fester.

download.jpg

images (2).jpg

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I harken back to my previous post. We were their homecoming game in 1970 and won 63-14; can’t recall for sure but maybe that was the game we intercepted Reeves like 9 times ( ? @Mikey, help here). Hoping for a repeat.

edit: The 9 interception game was 1969 in Auburn. Still wouldn’t mind a repeat.

Correct, the nine interception game was at Auburn, 1969. AU won that one 38-12. I think LB Sonny Ferguson got four of them himself. After that game Florida soph sensation WR Carlos Alvarez made his famous statement, "Football is like a rose, nice but not essential." That seemed to reflect the differing attitudes of the two teams.

The 1970 63-14 game in Gainesville is my all-time favorite game vs UF. Auburn's WR combo of Beasley and Bressler were simply faster, by many steps, than anybody Florida had out there. Pat Sullivan got the ball to them often and it was a runaway track meet.

What little I’ve watched of the new Florida QB is to get him out of his comfort zone.   Stop the QB run plays and I think their offense will be hurting.  

Keep doing what AU has been on offense and I think AU comes out with a win.   If AU has no turnovers, I don’t think Florida can win. 

47 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Won’t they skin their little knees with those unis? 😁

They'll be too worried with that foot up their...

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Correct, the nine interception game was at Auburn, 1969. AU won that one 38-12. I think LB Sonny Ferguson got four of them himself. After that game Florida soph sensation WR Carlos Alvarez made his famous statement, "Football is like a rose, nice but not essential." That seemed to reflect the differing attitudes of the two teams.

The 1970 63-14 game in Gainesville is my all-time favorite game vs UF. Auburn's WR combo of Beasley and Bressler were simply faster, by many steps, than anybody Florida had out there. Pat Sullivan got the ball to them often and it was a runaway track meet.

Bressler underrated. Easy to be overshadowed by Beasley I guess.

Au can rush 4 and pressure the gators  qb. Bo goes off again in my opinion. AU can win without blitzing and making routine blocks, catches, and tackles . 

• WarTiger changed the title to how do we match up with florida?
8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Bressler underrated. Easy to be overshadowed by Beasley I guess.

Yes indeed! Alvin Bressler made a boatload of critical catches in his time at AU.

57 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Ain't even worried

Auburn - 38

Jorts - 13

can i bet the house on it mr powers?

I still think their defense is quite good, but looking back their schedule to date is weaker than I thought.  0 ranked teams.  Miami is not good at all and UK is much, much worse than last year.   One could argue that we have already played 3 teams better than any team they have played so far.  (MS St vs Miami is questionable), so those impressive numbers may be a little inflated. 

Maldonado, their running game is worse than I thought.  Trask isn’t much of a running threat and their RBs haven’t done anything to impress.   Do I remember folks talking about their OL being trash?  That’s not good going up against our DL.  

From a historical perspective, there seems to be two types of Gus Malzahn teams: the teams that peak during the first game and never seem to meet that level of play for the rest of the season (2014, 2015, and 2018) and the teams that struggle a bit in the first 3 games then start to find themselves and become contenders (2010, 2013, and 2017). So far, this team appears to be the latter. This is a game we can and should win; it just depends on which Gus Malzahn shows up.

Florida offense is going to be a  lot of quick passes, screens and then try to run the ball when needed....since the start of SEC schedule, it seems Gus and the offensive staff have 'opened' the playbook....the scripted plays have produced TD's early against TA&M and MSU, I expect the same on Saturday....remember we have the best competitor at QB since Nick and he is making everyone producing at a higher level....I do agree, that UF is better with Trask then Franks....Franks played for himself and Trask is playing for the team....

Feel good about the game....6-0 at the break and a week-off preparing for Arkansas and LSU....

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I’ll take another blowout. Any win would suffice. I only watched Florida vs Miami. I wish they had not lost Franks for the season. He has always sucked imo. 

I agree 100% about Franks. However, I am glad that they had to go to their Backup QB early and we have seen some of what he can and can't do. 

40 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Florida’s OL isn’t good at all. Probably worse than states if I had to bet money on it. It’s gonna take quick passes and few Auburn turnovers for them to have a chance imo 

Here I am hoping that our Defense gets to go on a feeding frenzy.

They are similar to us in a few ways. They have a very good D line. Our OL will have their hands full. Their OL will have their hands full. They have a new QB that had his best game this past weekend. Ditto for us. 

I think our defense is just a little better at this point. Our schedule has been MUCH tougher and hopefully that will pay dividends in this game. I think it will be a very close game. We MUST hold on to the ball. We do that and we should win. 

This is exciting. Can’t wait !!! 

That stadium is always worrisome.  Their OL is very shaky at the moment and against our DL, they need to be worried.  Their backup QB is pretty impressive.  Florida’s running back Perine has had our game circled on his calendar for a year and will give us everything he has got.  Said as much on SEC Media days since our coaches told him he was too slow.  I still think we win, but we need to knock their crowd out early.   

2 hours ago, gman87 said:

I've always considered him more Cousin Eddie than Uncle Fester.

download.jpg

images (2).jpg

I consider him "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". He should have gone to Notre Dame instead of Florida so that it would be a perfect match!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yes indeed! Alvin Bressler made a boatload of critical catches in his time at AU.

Alvin Bressler was my HS coach. 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

do we squeak by? do we blow them out? do we get our butts handed to us? cuss and discuss........

It won't be C

Guys, somebody pull up a picture of the guy that played Babe Ruth in The Sandlot. Twin of Florida coach. (I would but am on my phone)...

Archived