Talking All Things Florida (Threads Merged)

Barnacle

Their defense is legit but their OL is not that good.  They will have a lot of trouble blocking our DL.  I like our chances is we don’t turn the ball over.  

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I still think their defense is quite good, but looking back their schedule to date is weaker than I thought.  0 ranked teams.  Miami is not good at all and UK is much, much worse than last year.   One could argue that we have already played 3 teams better than any team they have played so far.  (MS St vs Miami is questionable), so those impressive numbers may be a little inflated. 

Maldonado, their running game is worse than I thought.  Trask isn’t much of a running threat and their RBs haven’t done anything to impress.   Do I remember folks talking about their OL being trash?  That’s not good going up against our DL.  

This ^^^^^^. I still want to get worried and have the game hyped up so we’ll feel so much better about beating them like a drum. Then have the haters say we are just beating up on a weak schedule. 

7 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Guys, somebody pull up a picture of the guy that played Babe Ruth in The Sandlot. Twin of Florida coach. (I would but am on my phone)...

I prefer Randy Quaid playing cousin Eddie

3197476.jpg

11 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Guys, somebody pull up a picture of the guy that played Babe Ruth in The Sandlot. Twin of Florida coach. (I would but am on my phone)...

25F758EB-AB6C-48BD-8960-C1258D9592BA.jpeg

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Our scoring defense would be so much better if we weren't playing our 3rd string D throughout the 4th of the last two games.

Our stats on both sides are affected by the way AU finished several of our games.    

JMO but the OL is MUCH improved after 5 games together and I expect that the play calls will be designed to spread the UF defense.   Expecting something in the 35-14 range again..

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

This will be a major test for our OL.

Agree with this 100%. A big reason the passing game was so successful last night was because the running game was tearing them up. Gus called less than 30% pass plays last night. It's hard to tell if the Auburn OL just took a great leap forward, or if MSU front is just really crappy.

Auburn's OL is going to find the UF defense the toughest they've faced all season so far, front to back. If the running game is stifled by their basic front, Bo will have a more challenging game passing and running.

I really, really want to see AU slap Florida around up and down the field, but I'm expecting it to be a very tough game. The men up front are going to earn their cred in this game.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Our stats on both sides are affected by the way AU finished several of our games.    

JMO but the OL is MUCH improved after 5 games together and I expect that the play calls will be designed to spread the UF defense.   Expecting something in the 35-14 range again..

Yeah UF defense might be very good but it’s hard to justify any of it based on their competition level. 

Guys and gals, I know UF has a solid Defense. I do. I think they are very talented. I know they have talent on both sides. I know that they are better with their backup QB, or at least seem that way IMO. I know all these things. On Paper, I think we match up pretty good, but I honestly feel like we blow them out of the water. Not to the point of the MSST game, but I think we look like the dominant team and we win by 10+ but it will be much like A&M where everybody who watched it will know that UF got it handed to them and the beating was worse than the scoreboard indicates. The bruise will go deeper, but a late score will conceal some of it. I think our team is super focused. I think UF is also still a bit overrated. They haven't played a good team yet. Miami is hot garbage, UT is a disaster. I just have a feeling about this one. I think we take it handily and I think it sets up for a SHOWDOWN IN RED STICK like no other. I also think Bo will have his second consecutive 250+ yard passing game. I think if this game were home I would predict 41-24 with UF scoring a garbage time TD, but with it being in the swamp I think the final reads something like 37-26 Auburn, with Florida again scoring a late TD to make it look closer. 

I am also predicting my Man crush to have a breakout game for this season. He has been rather quiet so far this year, but he comes out banging heads in this one and DT #24 finishes with 8 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF or FR, and 2 p PBUs and walks away with helmet sticker for the game.

One other thing- the swamp is a tough place to play. This will probably be the biggest home game for them in years. They LOVE this old rivalry and I know many FL fans that are going. That stadium will be rocking. 

We need to play fast and start strong. 

57 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Guys and gals, I know UF has a solid Defense. I do. I think they are very talented. I know they have talent on both sides. I know that they are better with their backup QB, or at least seem that way IMO. I know all these things. On Paper, I think we match up pretty good, but I honestly feel like we blow them out of the water. Not to the point of the MSST game, but I think we look like the dominant team and we win by 10+ but it will be much like A&M where everybody who watched it will know that UF got it handed to them and the beating was worse than the scoreboard indicates. The bruise will go deeper, but a late score will conceal some of it. I think our team is super focused. I think UF is also still a bit overrated. They haven't played a good team yet. Miami is hot garbage, UT is a disaster. I just have a feeling about this one. I think we take it handily and I think it sets up for a SHOWDOWN IN RED STICK like no other. I also think Bo will have his second consecutive 250+ yard passing game. I think if this game were home I would predict 41-24 with UF scoring a garbage time TD, but with it being in the swamp I think the final reads something like 37-26 Auburn, with Florida again scoring a late TD to make it look closer. 

I am also predicting my Man crush to have a breakout game for this season. He has been rather quiet so far this year, but he comes out banging heads in this one and DT #24 finishes with 8 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF or FR, and 2 p PBUs and walks away with helmet sticker for the game.

Right there with ya. Starting to get a good feeling about this bunch. 

Their defense front might be solid, but it’s definitely not better than A&Ms. We honestly should blow them out if the passing game is 60% as good as Saturday. Miami looked great offensively when Enos wasn’t forcing Jarren to make 6+ second passes 

UF should not be ranked in the Top 10 for their schedule alone. Wins over bottom tier ACC/SEC teams and 2 FCS schools. They haven’t been kicked in the mouth like they are about to be. And with wins at Jerry’s World and Kyle Field, Bo isn’t going to be intimidated by the swamp. UF will not be able to run on us, but I do worry about them going over the top on our safeties. MSU blew by our safeties more than once but couldn’t connect. Mullen will try to exploit that. Their D is talented, but they haven’t faced an offense with our versatility and eye candy. We win big, 38-17. WDE!

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

UF should not be ranked in the Top 10 for their schedule alone. Wins over bottom tier ACC/SEC teams and 2 FCS schools. They haven’t been kicked in the mouth like they are about to be. And with wins at Jerry’s World and Kyle Field, Bo isn’t going to be intimidated by the swamp. UF will not be able to run on us, but I do worry about them going over the top on our safeties. MSU blew by our safeties more than once but couldn’t connect. Mullen will try to exploit that. Their D is talented, but they haven’t faced an offense with our versatility and eye candy. We win big, 38-17. WDE!

Yep....100%

After the aggie game I don't think any team or fan base has the ability to intimidate the AU team. 

I’m very much looking forward to seeing what our offense can do against their defense. The miss st game was an impressive showing but I don’t know that I expect that to me the norm going forward. I imagine they will crash the edges hard to take away the speed sweep and we’ll have to see if we can run on the inside with any success. 

I’ll be surprised if they can score too many points on us. I’m expecting a win but not sure quite yet if it’ll be a close one or we run away with it. 

12 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Said before the season I wasn't scared of Florida and that we would win.

Same here. Called them overhyped. I will be smiling or eating crow Saturday evening.

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep....100%

After the aggie game I don't think any team or fan base has the ability to intimidate the AU team. 

Here's the thing.  Kyle Field is not an intimidating place.  Been there 3 of our 4 trips.  It's big.  That's it.  JHS with 15k less seats gets way louder than Kyle.  As far as atmospheres go, Florida will be the loudest/toughest we've seen all year.

Loudest stadium I’ve ever heard. Been to every stadium in the SEC except Faurot Field and Kyle Field. Gainesville is insanely loud when it’s rocking. Couldn’t hear the guy standing right next to me (a foot away) at the peak.  

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

Loudest stadium I’ve ever heard. Been to every stadium in the SEC except Faurot Field and Kyle Field. Gainesville is insanely loud when it’s rocking. Couldn’t hear the guy standing right next to me (a foot away) at the peak.  

Really glad this is an afternoon game and not a night game for this reason. Breathed a sigh of relief when the gametime was announced. 

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

Well then, we'll just have to take the crowd out of the game.  Except we still need the customary shots of coeds in short jean shorts and cutoff T shirts. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Really glad this is an afternoon game and not a night game for this reason. Breathed a sigh of relief when the gametime was announced. 

I really don’t think its gonna matter for this game.  It’s going to be loud and hot.  Auburn has improved offensively the past two weeks against some pretty average defenses.  Florida will not make it as easy on Auburn.  This is not a game to take lightly.

55 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I really don’t think its gonna matter for this game.  It’s going to be loud and hot.  Auburn has improved offensively the past two weeks against some pretty average defenses.  Florida will not make it as easy on Auburn.  This is not a game to take lightly.

So you’re saying a night game=day game?

I don’t care about the heat, it won’t be much different than anything that our players haven’t seen or at least practiced in.

A night game in any stadium is always going to be more raucous than any day game. 

Archived