Just want to share a blessing

jared52

I just wanted to share how our church blessed my wife and I tonight. I have been on staff just over a year and they did this:

Our church, New Canaan Baptist Church, gave Halee and I one of the nicest gifts, a trip to Washington D.C. for our anniversary! Here's the long story:

Back before Christmas Halee and I decided since it was our 5 year anniversary we wanted to take a nice trip. We talked to my parents about using their timeshare and they were gracious enough to give us alot of points so we could go to Washington D.C. But a couple of weeks before Christmas we found out we were pregnant and decided to cancel the trip because we needed to save up that money for the baby. I shared this with our pastor, just letting him know that I wouldn't be needing the time off. Then the tax man cometh and took the money anyway (stupid SS). So no trip, no savings, baby still on the way! One night after church Halee is talking with our pastor and he tells her that God has laid it on his heart to make this trip happen for us. So he sends letters to the youth and the youth council asking for people to give to pay for our hotel and flight. And tonight they surprise me at the beginning of the service with the gift.

I just don't feel worth it. But I am so appreciative of their (and for you guys from NCBC who read this, your) love. It's amazing how much I have been blessed in the year I have been here. I can only hope to be a blessing to others here.

GOD IS SO GOOD!

God is so amazing. I'm sure you are a blessing to your church. Enjoy the trip and congrats to you and Halee on the 5 year anniversary!

NEVER underestimate the L O V E of a congregation filled with God's people.

I could write a novel about the support and LOVE we have recieved from our Church over the years and I am not an employee.(Just a plain old "member")

Enjoy the trip, be sure to thank and praise God for his love, and, take good care of the Mother to be and her "cargo"!

Tim

Congrats!! I interned in D.C. and travel back often - it is one of my favorite places on earth. Have you ever been before? If not, and if you want some suggestions on the "gotta do and see" things, just let me know. Channonc would also be a good resource.

Congrats!!  I interned in D.C. and travel back often - it is one of my favorite places on earth.  Have you ever been before?  If not, and if you want some suggestions on the "gotta do and see" things, just let me know.  Channonc would also be a good resource.

157809[/snapback]

I went when I was 12 and loved it. We saw most of the standard stuff, except the Smithsonian. I am looking forward to that. Any suggestions are welcome as well!

Archived