LSU vs Florida

CR

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

No one who knows football that's for sure

^^ THIS!! I said before, Orgeron saw that last guy I wanted as the head coach at LSU.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I see a lot of praise for Florida’s offense and they have looked good but didn’t this same LSU defense give up over 30 to Vandy? 

Im more impressed with LSU’s offense. Orgeron identified a deficiency on his team, hired the right guys, and completely transformed the ID of LSU football in one season. 

People laughed at his hiring but who’s laughin now? 

GUIIIIIIIIIIIIILTY!!!!!!!!!!! I def was the one laughing. I thought PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT they are hiring a career position coach sans for the time he was a disaster at Ole Miss?! He is JUST a recruiter. But you know what that means?! CEO COACH! That also means he is not so stubborn and stuck in his ways and is willing to adapt and make a huge philosophical change for the much much betterment of his team and program. RESPECT O!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

GUIIIIIIIIIIIIILTY!!!!!!!!!!! I def was the one laughing. I thought PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT they are hiring a career position coach sans for the time he was a disaster at Ole Miss?! He is JUST a recruiter. But you know what that means?! CEO COACH! That also means he is not so stubborn and stuck in his ways and is willing to adapt and make a huge philosophical change for the much much betterment of his team and program. RESPECT O!

Much RESPECT!

6 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I see a lot of praise for Florida’s offense and they have looked good but didn’t this same LSU defense give up over 30 to Vandy? 

Im more impressed with LSU’s offense. Orgeron identified a deficiency on his team, hired the right guys, and completely transformed the ID of LSU football in one season. 

I was impressed by their offense just for the sheer fact I thought they were a trash offense and Trask was a NOODLER who was not capable of having a 300 yard game with 3 tds ON THE ROAD at Death Valley. He def proved me wrong. That is why I am impressed with their offense.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm insinuating that 2.5 quarters of Chris Leak may not beat LSU, but 4 quarters just might. Nix will need to play well, but the reason LSU is beginning to pull away is in part because Florida stopped being able to move the ball when Trask got hurt. 

I didn’t see when Trask got hurt, but he was running excellent on one of those 4th quarter drives to have been hurt

45 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

LSU’s defense has improved over the past couple weeks. They eventually got pass rush in this game and did fairly good against Jordan Love last week. They’re at least as good as Tulane on that end so I don’t think we’ll just be able to push them over, even if you took the road advantage away. 

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Orgeron identified a deficiency on his team, hired the right guys, and completely transformed the ID of LSU football in one season. 

Nothing changed in the coaching...Ensminger still there running the offense.   JMO but the LSU offense is only as good as their QB....like most teams.   The difference is Burrow....and LSU made a smart / lucky move when they got Burrow from Ohio State or wherever it was.  

Burrow looks to me to be the best QB in the conference this season....and I put him above Tua who is surrounded by much more talent. .

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nothing changed in the coaching...

Not true @AU64

They brought in Joe Brady from the Saints to overhaul and coordinate their passing game. 

Joe Burrow has flourished in the system, and there's no doubt that he, along with their talented receivers are the ones making it work, but this is a totally different passing game than we've seen under Ensmimger previously.

My thoughts on last night’s game:

The Auburn defense played lights out against Florida in the Swamp, good enough to win

UF’s RB Perine is a slippery dude

Aranda, LSU’s DC, is the master of half time adjustments

LSU’s offense is elite, Burrows’ accuracy is off the charts.  I hope he has a bad game against us.

Gus against Aranda is not a good matchup for Auburn, players will have to make plays

Our OL in not very good.

32 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not true @AU64

They brought in Joe Brady from the Saints to overhaul and coordinate their passing game. 

Joe Burrow has flourished in the system, and there's no doubt that he, along with their talented receivers are the ones making it work, but this is a totally different passing game than we've seen under Ensmimger previously.

In addition to Joe Brady, LSU hired legendary Coach John Robinson to mentor Coach O and to provide other consulting duties to the team. 

Couple of thoughts here...

Trask impressed me. He is much better than I was giving him credit for last week.

Auburn is going to need to disguise coverages better pre-snap and get Burrow on his ass to have a shot. He's on another level atm and those WRs are catching everything. 

The LSU defense has had their struggles but they are improving. They def got the dudes.

10 minutes ago, Gr82batigr said:

In addition to Joe Brady, LSU hired legendary Coach John Robinson to mentor Coach O and to provide other consulting duties to the team. 

Too bad Gus already knows everything or we could get him the same kind of help. 

2 hours ago, tiger88 said:

Too bad Gus already knows everything or we could get him the same kind of help. 

Gus gets his help from all the expert and experienced coaches on this site.....

14 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

It was honestly our RB's fault lol. I had cut off the end and was making my way up to the backer who I pancaked lol. The WR couldn't hold his block and they sniffed it out from the back. Was poised to be a big run.

<Laughs. So you are 88 in the GIF. And all this time I thought you were guy being double teamed.

21 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

You got a facepalm from 64...wear it as a badge of honor my friend..

You know I get all the AU loyalty thing that 64 preaches. I really do, but I can't for the life of me come to grips with the fact that he somehow equates that with a man you have to pay 49 million dollars to purchase his loyalty to AU. Gus Malzahn loves Auburn sure, but if circumstances were a little different he would love any other University that paid him. I generally like Gus as a man, but none of that matters when it comes to my opinion, or personal evaluation of his leadership of our program. Fact is the results are just not that impressive. His SEC record is average at best, and his record against our main rivals is really abysmal. None of that means I don't support the man, and genuinely wish he would help himself. He should have hired some qualified help in the passing game years ago, but continues to hire yes men to coach basically only his own concepts. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

You know I get all the AU loyalty thing that 64 preaches. I really do, but I can't for the life of me come to grips with the fact that he somehow equates that with a man you have to pay 49 million dollars to purchase his loyalty to AU. Gus Malzahn loves Auburn sure, but if circumstances were a little different he would love any other University that paid him. I generally like Gus as a man, but none of that matters when it comes to my opinion, or personal evaluation of his leadership of our program. Fact is the results are just not that impressive. His SEC record is average at best, and his record against our main rivals is really abysmal. None of that means I don't support the man, and genuinely wish he would help himself. He should have hired some qualified help in the passing game years ago, but continues to hire yes men to coach basically only his own concepts. 

Yeah agreed. I’ve maintained for a while now that 64 just does this to be contrarian. Like, no one could actually believe in Gus this much after 7 years of evidence. 

16 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yeah agreed. I’ve maintained for a while now that 64 just does this to be contrarian. Like, no one could actually believe in Gus this much after 7 years of evidence. 

I'm not so sure. I think the gentleman equates Gus, because he is the coach at Auburn, with someone like Shug Jordan. Shug would have, and did coach at Auburn for what generally amounted to just a decent living. Shug was famously quoted as saying one that "If an Auburn man ain't good enough to coach at Auburn they ought to shut the place down." Well, those days are long gone. We are living in the days of multi million dollar contracts, and the fact that the football coach is many times the highest paid employee in the entire state. When a job involves that kind of compensation it's no longer about emotion, but about results, and production. Auburn doesn't pay Gus, or any other coach for that matter, for any other reason than to win games. It's really just that simple.

7 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm not so sure. I think the gentleman equates Gus, because he is the coach at Auburn, with someone like Shug Jordan. Shug would have, and did coach at Auburn for what generally amounted to just a decent living. Shug was famously quoted as saying one that "If an Auburn man ain't good enough to coach at Auburn they ought to shut the place down." Well, those days are long gone. We are living in the days of multi million dollar contracts, and the fact that the football coach is many times the highest paid employee in the entire state. When a job involves that kind of compensation it's no longer about emotion, but about results, and production. Auburn doesn't pay Gus, or any other coach for that matter, for any other reason than to win games. It's really just that simple.

Great points. I admire and respect Shug for all he did for Auburn and the kind of man he was. I certainly don’t want a man of low character coaching at Auburn. But you’re right, in this day its all about results. Auburn elevated itself in my opinion by playing in 2 nattys in 4 years. Our expectations should be higher than before. Somewhere out there is a coach who can be a great guy AND win games...

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

<Laughs. So you are 88 in the GIF. And all this time I thought you were guy being double teamed.

Yeah lol, I was a Tight End at the time which was my last position there.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Gus gets his help from all the expert and experienced coaches on this site.....

Sometimes I wish, 64. What could it hurt? 💕

10 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

What could it hurt?

😁...Yeah maybe...... but that observation is right up there with..... "here, hold my beer and watch this".....

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

😁...Yeah maybe...... but that observation is right up there with..... "here, hold my beer and watch this".....

I think I was absent on the day the "Hold My Beer" thing went viral. I have honestly been trying to figure it out...is it an armchair-quarterback/backseat driver reference? Waaaaait...did Uncle Rico originate it? In all seriousness, anyone, catch me up! 

But back to point, some of the "Caveman could do it" stuff being obvious to all, especially opponents...it's hard to believe "many advisors" are being utilized, even for waging war on a football field. Every profession's best leans upon expertise in and out of their circles because humility and wisdom go together. Wouldn't it be marvelous if even the least skilled wannabe (maybe me) on this board were out of a "job"? 

"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."

Prov. 15:22

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I think I was absent on the day the "Hold My Beer" thing went viral. I have honestly been trying to figure it out...is it an armchair-quarterback/backseat driver reference? Waaaaait...did Uncle Rico originate it? In all seriousness, anyone, catch me up! 

But back to point, some of the "Caveman could do it" stuff being obvious to all, especially opponents...it's hard to believe "many advisors" are being utilized, even for waging war on a football field. Every profession's best leans upon expertise in and out of their circles because humility and wisdom go together. Wouldn't it be marvelous if even the least skilled wannabe (maybe me) on this board were out of a "job"? 

"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."

Prov. 15:22

Too many cooks spoil the stew.... https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/too+many+cooks+spoil+the+broth

Sorry you missed the other philosophical comment.....some great videos of rednecks making that statement just before they did something really stupid.

Archived