Coaching Candidates

AUght2win

Just now, DAG said:

Yep can’t preach consistency then ask for lane. Good call. 

Funny thing is, we have consistency. Gus is probably the most “stable” coach we’ve had since Dye. No losing seasons in 7 years. Bowl game all 7. He’s consistent. Its just an 8-4 type consistency. And as i’ve said elsewhere, maybe thats ok. Some of us just have to lower our expectations of the program.  

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Funny thing is, we have consistency. Gus is probably the most “stable” coach we’ve had since Dye. No losing seasons in 7 years. Bowl game all 7. He’s consistent. Its just an 8-4 type consistency. And as i’ve said elsewhere, maybe thats ok. Some of us just have to lower our expectations of the program.  

He is consistency 8-4 , correct, but we want consistency beating the big dogs and that is not been the case. I can say this, I do believe Gus would do very well at the lower level as a HC. LK seems to be trending down at this level. Not sure why we would want to reward that. Not to mention, he wasn't particularly great at USC. I think some people just want a fancy offensive guy sometimes. Not me.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is consistency 8-4 , correct, but we want consistency beating the big dogs and that is not been the case. I can say this, I do believe Gus would do very well at the lower level as a HC. LK seems to be trending down at this level. Not sure why we would want to reward that. Not to mention, he wasn't particularly great at USC. I think some people just want a fancy offensive guy sometimes. Not me.

Yeah I agree. I’m not big on coaches who were cancers at other jobs. 

If, and its a big IF, Gus does beat say uga and bama and finishes 10-2...he will then be 3-4 against both which isn’t terrible. 2-5 against lsu wouldn’t be good and he still wouldn’t own a road win against any of them...I don’t even know what my point is except Gus is the ultimate middle of the road guy lol. I don’t know what to do with him!? 🤷‍♂️

The challenge for this week @DAG, change you pic to the LSU Tiger as you pic of the Wisconsin Badger worked out so well for the Badgers. 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

The challenge for this week @DAG, change you pic to the LSU Tiger as you pic of the Wisconsin Badger worked out so well for the Badgers. 

LOL I think I will actually do this.

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep can’t preach consistency then ask for lane. Good call. 

Nice Avi choice sir! 👍

Fun looking back on threads like this since Gus' honeymoon ended in (fill in the blank). Especially posts that go something like "you know nothing about football if you disagree ____ should be our HC" and seeing how those candidates are doing now. Chad Morris and Purdue's HC were fairly recent demands.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I trust Gus's first year has been excluded from any calculations of his win percentage.

Doesn't support his conclusion so.....nope.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

LOL I think I will actually do this.

You did it, way to take one for the team. Hope it works. 

On 10/18/2019 at 4:08 PM, AUght2win said:

Interesting choice for that lady. In a wheelchair, but chooses to wear a short skirt. Doppler is showing some high-thighs in the forecast, along with a 10% chance of a "Basic Instinct". 

Priceless😂..........I thought she was on house arrest.

24 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yeah I agree. I’m not big on coaches who were cancers at other jobs. 

If, and its a big IF, Gus does beat say uga and bama and finishes 10-2...he will then be 3-4 against both which isn’t terrible. 2-5 against lsu wouldn’t be good and he still wouldn’t own a road win against any of them...I don’t even know what my point is except Gus is the ultimate middle of the road guy lol. I don’t know what to do with him!? 🤷‍♂️

I think you have clearly stated the essence of this board's relationship with Gus.

Gus is your Atypical Auburn Head Coach.  Wins just enough big games to give you hope of getting over the hump but loses games they shouldn’t which leaves us wondering.  Chizik May be the exception but Tubs, Bowden, and Dye all did the same things.  

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I trust Gus's first year has been excluded from any calculations of his win percentage.

I didn't exclude Kiffin's first year in the percentages, why would I exclude Gus's?

Here, I'll repeat the information  just for you: All years, both coaches

Kiffin win percentage .625

Malzahn win percentage: .684

Read 'em and weep.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Doesn't support his conclusion so.....nope.

Too lazy to read the post, I see. The percentages included all years, both coaches.

PS: Assuming you are also too lazy to look for the post in question I'll help you out. It was posted in this thread at 9:20 Saturday morning.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Too lazy to read the post, I see. The percentages included all years, both coaches.

I got a Thumbs Down from Mikey!

I AM RELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I AM RELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not as long as you don't read the content of posts before jumping into the fray.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not as long as you don't read the content of posts before jumping into the fray.

Well, in fairness, I was just trolling you....wondering if I could get a reaction.  So many on here like to do that as a hobby, I thought I'd try it out.  It IS fun, afterall.  Now you can go back to ignoring me. :partey:

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, in fairness, I was just trolling you....wondering if I could get a reaction.  So many on here like to do that as a hobby, I thought I'd try it out.  It IS fun, afterall.  Now you can go back to ignoring me. :partey:

Whatever.

Lane Kiffin is 20-13 (0.606) at a school that had a .376 winning percentage before he got there.

Shameful that FAU wanted to improve and hired another coach.  I mean, they could have done worse and become another Tn.

Archived