Coaching Candidates

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Lane Kiffin is 20-13 (0.606) at a school that had a .376 winning percentage before he got there.

Shameful that FAU wanted to improve and hired another coach.  I mean, they could have done worse and become another Tn.

It's an interesting thing...... Perspective. 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Kiffin is the better Offensive Coordinator

Gus the better head coach.

If Gus hired Kiffin as OC and let him do his thing we dominate the SEC.

To preface, obviously Gus already has trust issues (at least when it comes to Offense) and LK has proven to be untrustworthy with.....pretty much anything.

That being said.....you are SO RIGHT!

13 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Lane Kiffin is 20-13 (0.606) at a school that had a .376 winning percentage before he got there.

Shameful that FAU wanted to improve and hired another coach.  I mean, they could have done worse and become another Tn.

If we had to take a shot anytime the Gus cult said I don't want to become another TN we all would be dead by now!!! Hahaha

LK should be doing better than his predecessors as he has the ability to recruit a lot of retracts from previous power 5 schools. Believe it or not, this does make a difference .

Seems people are judging LK on his previous stints. Probably the same people that thought Coach O was gonna be a bust too. Believe it or not, most competent coaches evolve, mature, and grow. LK is certainly not the same coach he was at UTk

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I didn't exclude Kiffin's first year in the percentages, why would I exclude Gus's?

Why include either when, in your words, first year doesn't count? 

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seems people are judging LK on his previous stints. Probably the same people that thought Coach O was gonna be a bust too. Believe it or not, most competent coaches evolve, mature, and grow. LK is certainly not the same coach he was at UTk

I'm sure they're being fair and including Gus's first head coaching stint, where he inherited a good team and didn't make them worse in his one season.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not sure how I feel about LK but I would think his chances of success would be much better with Auburn’s talent as opposed to FAU. 

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So what's your excuse?

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I am definitely judging him. Especially since he had a stint at USC which was probably one of the best circumstances he could’ve been in. Take it for what it is. I don’t know how many chances someone needs before you say you know what? Maybe he needs to stay where he is at. Every place he has left prior to his current stint has always ended in bad taste. 

Edit: this is not the same as Coach O who didn’t get a true chance to see what he could do at USC as a HC. LSU gave him an opportunity . Lane has had NFL and collegiate opportunities. 

Speak of the devil LK was just fined for a tweet he sent about blind refs and publicly reprimanded by conference USA lol. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am definitely judging him. Especially since he had a stint at USC which was probably one of the best circumstances he could’ve been in. Take it for what it is. I don’t know how many chances someone needs before you say you know what? Maybe he needs to stay where he is at. Every place he has left prior to his current stint has always ended in bad taste. 

Edit: this is not the same as Coach O who didn’t get a true chance to see what he could do at USC as a HC. LSU gave him an opportunity . Lane has had NFL and collegiate opportunities. 

I think LSU gave him a chance as a placeholder until they could find a legit coach... and he unexpectedly made lemonade out of lemons.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I think LSU gave him a chance as a placeholder until they could find a legit coach... and he unexpectedly made lemonade out of lemons.

giphy.gif

I think you are 100 percent right. The fans hated the hire initially. Like I said hindsight is 20/20. A lot of our fans laughed at the hire as well, now he is used as a pitch.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Kiffin is 9-10 in the most recent season and a half. He must be maturing in the wrong direction.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Why include either when, in your words, first year doesn't count? 

Because whiners would have nit-picked had I excluded any part of either coach's record when posting win percentages. Include every game of both coaches and Malzahn's .687  is better than Kiffin's .618 and y'all don't have anything to snivel about. (Except the factual results, which were updated by the site after yesterday's games)

Link: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/gus-malzahn-1.html

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Kiffin is 9-10 in the most recent season and a half. He must be maturing in the wrong direction.

How's Gus doing?

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

How's Gus doing?

Excellent! Gus's 14-6 looks outstanding when compared to Kiffin's  9-10.

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Excellent! Gus's 14-6 looks outstanding when compared to Kiffin's  9-10.

Would you say he's maturing as a coach?

How do you think LK would do with the offensive talent we have?

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Because whiners would have nit-picked had I excluded any part of either coach's record when posting win percentages. Include every game of both coaches and Malzahn's .687  is better than Kiffin's .618 and y'all don't have anything to snivel about. (Except the factual results, which were updated by the site after yesterday's games)

Link: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/gus-malzahn-1.html

Imagine anyone being simple-minded enough to think that that is a meaningful comparison. 

First seasons don't count. You said that. Your numbers are useless. I mean, they're useless for several reasons. But I just wanted to point out the reason that you yourself said that they are useless.

Also, constantly calling other people whiners for criticizing a sub .700 coach on a football forum is a really great way to demonstrate how much less whiny you are than them. Nothing ironic or hypocritical about that whatsoever.

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Imagine anyone being simple-minded enough to think that that is a meaningful comparison. 

First seasons don't count. You said that. Your numbers are useless. I mean, they're useless for several reasons. But I just wanted to point out the reason that you yourself said that they are useless.

Also, constantly calling other people whiners for criticizing a sub .700 coach on a football forum is a really great way to demonstrate how much less whiny you are than them. Nothing ironic or hypocritical about that whatsoever.

Don't forget to take into consideration the 2 annual built in losses they have each year. This year it was Ohio State and UCF. BTW, they scored 21 on Ohio State. Who just happen to be currently ranked 2nd in total defense

We should look at just their conference records. Measuring them against the team's they are equipped and set up to compete with would give a better snap shot.

Gus' career record against SEC opponents:

31-22 = 0.584

LK's career record against C-USA opponents:

14-6 = 0.700

21 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I literally spit out my morning coffee!!!

72 you always party on the throne? remember sharing is a blessing to god.............lol   waves

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Definitely agree but does he like athletic trainers like he has at his previous stops?

I kid I kid...

Archived