Coaching Candidates

AUght2win

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Well then let's discuss the 4 games he lost and how he lost them, too. Right?

I think I pretty much already did.  Why is it that you seemingly refuse to consider injuries? A coach is only as good as their player. Jimmies and Joes matter at least as much and almost surely more than X's and O's...

13 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I think I pretty much already did.  Why is it that you seemingly refuse to consider injuries? A coach is only as good as their player. Jimmies and Joes matter at least as much and almost surely more than X's and O's...

Maybe because Gus has a history of playing obviously hurt players and zero backup plan / development / trust in his reserves?

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Maybe because Gus has a history of playing obviously hurt players and zero backup plan / development / trust in his reserves?

As good as answer as any.  I think Gus has trusted players when he asked "Can you go?" and players being players and wanting in the game they said "Yes coach, I can go."  That has been a failing.  Hope Gus has learned from it.  We'll see.

24 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I consider injuries. They had nothing to do with the Clemson or LSU losses. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

If Gus loses this game,  Malzshn's seat will become ALOT HOTTER.

Yeah losing to the number 2 team in the country should make his seat white hot

11 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Besides 2013, 2017 and this year, when has Auburn been in the Top 10 conversation after playing half of the season

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I consider injuries. They had nothing to do with the Clemson or LSU losses. 

Red herring. I didn't claim that they did. But enough of this, ok? Not playing gotcha on the boards.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

2016 too. Got to #8 before the UGA game. Man, part of what's frustrating with Gus. I think we have been in the Top 10 every year he has been here, just can't put it all together consistently. 

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

2016 too. Got to #8 before the UGA game. Man, part of what's frustrating with Gus. I think we have been in the Top 10 every year he has been here, just can't put it all together consistently. 

Yep, we're invited to the party a lot but we just can't seem to leave with the girl. ☹️

6 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Red herring. I didn't claim that they did. But enough of this, ok? Not playing gotcha on the boards.

Not a red herring and very pertinent to the conversation but okay.

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Exactly. The frequent flirtations with the big-time are a testament to the quality of program that he has built. And they make the equally frequent crashes that much more frustrating. It's Richt-era uga amplified.

In the six full years that Coach Malzahn has been Auburn's head coach, only two teams have won the SEC west. There's UAT at four times and Auburn had done it twice. AU has been in the top ten in the second half of the season five times in Malzahn's seven years. 99% of the teams in college football would die for that, but we have people wanting to fire the coach and people who think some random selection from the open market would do better. The Entitlement Generation is amazing.

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

people who think some random selection from the open market would do better

Who is that? Name one person who has suggested that we just randomly choose Gus's successor. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The Entitlement Generation is amazing.

The LBS, second-fiddle-is-where-we-belong generation is not. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who is that? Name one person who has suggested that we just randomly choose Gus's successor. 

Read this entire thread. By the time you're halfway through, what you have is a mindless pot of random selections. It's a conglomerate of randoms, some of them are a complete joke.

" The LBS, second-fiddle-is-where-we-belong generation is not."

I don't know anybody like that and haven't seen anybody whose posts would indicate that they are like that.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Read this entire thread. By the time you're halfway through, what you have is a mindless pot of random selections. It's a conglomerate of randoms, some of them are a complete joke.

" The LBS, second-fiddle-is-where-we-belong generation is not."

I don't know anybody like that and haven't seen anybody whose posts would indicate that they are like that.

We actually do speak two very different languages.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Yep, we're invited to the party a lot but we just can't seem to leave with the girl. ☹️

Oh, at least we always leave with A girl.

She's just always a lower tier girl and we often lose her to a bully that we underestimated...

😏

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, at least we always leave with A girl.

She's just always a lower tier girl and we often lose her to a bully that we underestimated...

😏

It probably doesn't help that we're always doing things like pulling a South Park Stan or telling her how cute her sister is.

19 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

As good as answer as any.  I think Gus has trusted players when he asked "Can you go?" and players being players and wanting in the game they said "Yes coach, I can go."  That has been a failing.  Hope Gus has learned from it.  We'll see.

Gus would start this guy.

Pink Elephants and the Black Knight - Mike Bland

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

In the six full years that Coach Malzahn has been Auburn's head coach, only two teams have won the SEC west. There's UAT at four times and Auburn had done it twice. AU has been in the top ten in the second half of the season five times in Malzahn's seven years. 99% of the teams in college football would die for that, but we have people wanting to fire the coach and people who think some random selection from the open market would do better. The Entitlement Generation is amazing.

All this is very misleading.   In 2016, AU lost 2 of the first 3 games.   Took a broken leg play at the goal line from losing to Ole Miss.   

Hear is something to think about...If Auburn was truly a top ten team during the time that CGM has been the head coach, it wouldn’t have a losing record to LSU, Georgia and a split win/loss with MSU.  A loss to Tennessee.  

During this current run by Alabama, as long as AU is beating the other teams, I think you would see a top ten program and a fan base that would fully be behind its head coach 

Archived