Coaching Candidates

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sorry. Getting our choice of assistants hasn't been an issue. 

The choices we've made are a different conversation.

Or maybe it's not an entirely different conversation. But we didn't get Grimes because a big name turned us down. We got Grimes because Gus called him before Herb's plane landed in Austin. We got Dilly because Gus doesn't want a real OC. And so on down the line. 

Yesssssir loofy!!!!! That is for sure the biggest problem!!!! Absolutely knocked that one out of the park.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Not yet.

Once we bombard it with unrelated gifs followed by the humorless complaining of said gifs.....THEN the thread will eventually end.

Hopefully the gif game is solid!

Speaking of meaningless gifs and threads that go on and on...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Speaking of meaningless gifs and threads that go on and on...

giphy.gif

giphy (3).gif

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Not yet.

Once we bombard it with unrelated gifs followed by the humorless complaining of said gifs.....THEN the thread will eventually end.

Hopefully the gif game is solid!

Here’s mine.

3BBA5CA4-F71F-4031-BF1D-6EBCB44D8DB6.gif

2 minutes ago, Auskip said:

Here’s mine.

3BBA5CA4-F71F-4031-BF1D-6EBCB44D8DB6.gif

Classy exit.  Well done!

You have tremendous gif potential.  I see a champion here!!!!

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Classy exit.  Well done!

You have tremendous gif potential.  I see a champion here!!!!

Thx. I’m new to the gif thing but I’ll try to fulfill the potential you see in me.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:06 AM, aubiefifty said:

just as an aside i watced wayne at a terry bowden practice and that is one bowlegged cat............

First thing I noticed when he walked by me at Senior Bowl practice 94.😂

3 hours ago, DAG said:

If he loses the next big three I wouldn’t bet on it. Things can change very quickly .

I think only if the losses look really bad will he be in trouble... like last years bama game.  If he plays them close-ish, he lives to fight another day (thanks Leath).

ImpressionableInexperiencedGoldenretriev

2 hours ago, Auskip said:

Thx. I’m new to the gif thing but I’ll try to fulfill the potential you see in me.

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, The Freak said:

I think only if the losses look really bad will he be in trouble... like last years bama game.  If he plays them close-ish, he lives to fight another day (thanks Leath).

ImpressionableInexperiencedGoldenretriev

You 100 percent correct 

22 hours ago, DAG said:

I don’t know I kind of view Hugh freeze synonymous with Gus. Not in love with Lane, but we could do worse for sure. Lane seems to lose his mind whenever he is at a power 5 school.

His mind isn't doing that great at a non-P5 school either. He's 9-10 at FIU in the most recent two seasons. He did go 11-3 his first season there but as Auburn fans all know, that doesn't count because he did it with someone else's players. (See Terry Bowden's first year.)

11 hours ago, kevon67 said:

First thing I noticed when he walked by me at Senior Bowl practice 94.😂

he still remains to this day one of the most bowlegged cats i have ever seen. and wayne talked more shite than any coach i ever met. he accused a true frosh d lineman of trying to have sex with a kid instead of tackling him. it was awesome........

we do not need the jinx known as lame kiff anyway. look how he destroyed tennessee. just turrible.........

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he still remains to this day one of the most bowlegged cats i have ever seen. and wayne talked more shite than any coach i ever met. he accused a true frosh d lineman of trying to have sex with a kid instead of tackling him. it was awesome........

We had the same white AU golf straw hat on.........he looked up and said, "Nice hat".........remember it like yesterday.

Just now, kevon67 said:

We had the same white AU golf straw hat on.........he looked up and said, "Nice hat".........remember it like yesterday.

he had on some kind of baseball hat that had a large piece of cloth hanging down to protect his neck. for some weird reason  he reminded me of hunter s thompson a little bit. he sure was not cautious slinging some pretty tough language but no one seemed to care. he was wickedly funny and he entertained us more than any other payer or coach. that day was magic.........

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Dude you could have sent Coach Hall to Holywood and made a fortune as George Kennedy's stunt double in Cool Hand Luke😂

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he had on some kind of baseball hat that had a large piece of cloth hanging down to protect his neck. for some weird reason  he reminded me of hunter s thompson a little bit. he sure was not cautious slinging some pretty tough language but no one seemed to care. he was wickedly funny and he entertained us more than any other payer or coach. that day was magic.........

I bet........he some of the last of that generation of coaching.........the generation that followed totally different.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:07 AM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Of the original list the only 2 that I would touch would be Fleck and Clark. I can tell you from a personal perspective that Bill Clark WOULD WIN. After being coached by and a carbon copy of his program under Grass, I can tell you that it'd be shell shock and rigorous making the switch to coach Clark. OTAs every AM of spring consisting of Mat Drills + Weight Lifting + Conditioning + Team Activities and in the summer..... Oh God. 

But it would breed a culture of guys who truly want to be there. Part of what shaped my physicality and body were his drills. One day we spent literally the whole morning we were supposed to be lifting and doing OTAs doing Up-Downs and Gassers because 3 people couldn't stay behind the line before the whistle was blown during stretch. That kind of old-school coaching paired with new school strategy can't be duplicated but by a few coaches.

You just sold me on Clark. That is old school Pat Dye stuff. I imagine it would run several players off, but I think that is another Gus trait that has been taken on by the team: softness.

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

12C11A60-8F26-482A-8131-E40B014BD131.gif

I literally spit out my morning coffee!!!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

His mind isn't doing that great at a non-P5 school either. He's 9-10 at FIU in the most recent two seasons. He did go 11-3 his first season there but as Auburn fans all know, that doesn't count because he did it with someone else's players. (See Terry Bowden's first year.)

Yep can’t preach consistency then ask for lane. Good call. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I trust Gus's first year has been excluded from any calculations of his win percentage.

Archived