RB Roster For The 2020 Season

AuburnTiger4Life

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Assuming everyone returns.

That's going to be interesting to watch.  We've got some serious depth:

Boobee / DJ - I'd assume Boobee and DJ get a majority of the carries next year - 20-30 per game between both of them.  Big question I have...does Boobee think he's ready for the NFL?  You never know.

Shivers - His Mom indicates he's looking for bigger opportunities and it would be hard to blame him, although I'd hate to lose him.

Joiner - I imagine he'll be looking for a bigger role next year

Miller - I'm curious if he stays or transfers for his last year.  I don't see him getting much PT.

MAR - Haven't heard a peep about MAR in months...is he acclimating well?  His he happy here?

Bigsby - He's going to have to be pretty special to crack that line-up.  5 star RBs are typically able to contribute quickly so we'll see.

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

MAR - Haven't heard a peep about MAR in months...is he acclimating well?  His he happy here?

Missed early part of the year due to leg surgery & then redshirted.

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Boobee / DJ - I'd assume Boobee and DJ get a majority of the carries next year - 20-30 per game between both of them.  Big question I have...does Boobee think he's ready for the NFL?  You never know.  Boobee may leave early for the NFL.  I would not advise it with his fumble issues, but Peyton BArber left earlier than I thought he should have and he is doing just fine with the Bucks.

Shivers - His Mom indicates he's looking for bigger opportunities and it would be hard to blame him, although I'd hate to lose him.  Based on his Iron Bowl interviews I did not get the impression he was looking to leave but I could be wrong.  He should get more opportunities next year with Kam Martin and Malik Miller gone.

Joiner - I imagine he'll be looking for a bigger role next year.  I sure hope so, I actually may like him the best out of everyone.

Miller - I'm curious if he stays or transfers for his last year.  I don't see him getting much PT.  I am pretty sure this is his last year, am I wrong?  

MAR - Haven't heard a peep about MAR in months...is he acclimating well?  His he happy here?  He has been hurt.

Bigsby - He's going to have to be pretty special to crack that line-up.  5 star RBs are typically able to contribute quickly so we'll see.  I trust Caddy to make the right personnel calls.

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am pretty sure this is his last year, am I wrong?

Yes. He was granted a Med Redshirt & is a JR.

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Boobee / DJ - I'd assume Boobee and DJ get a majority of the carries next year - 20-30 per game between both of them.  Big question I have...does Boobee think he's ready for the NFL?  You never know.

Shivers - His Mom indicates he's looking for bigger opportunities and it would be hard to blame him, although I'd hate to lose him.

Miller - I'm curious if he stays or transfers for his last year.  I don't see him getting much PT.

Bigsby - He's going to have to be pretty special to crack that line-up.  5 star RBs are typically able to contribute quickly so we'll see.

Boobee is the big question for sure.  I'd feel much better about him, DJ, MAR and Tank vs just DJ, MAR and Tank. 

I'd feel WAY better about adding Worm to that group, but I am assuming he'll be going somewhere he can get reps. Joiner is as much TE as he is RB. Miller might do some serious training over the summer and bring more athleticism, which would make him a move viable ball carrier in addition to our best pass blocker, or he might leave, or he might move into some sort of FB/H hybrid role, or he might just stay in his current role. The outcome I'm rooting for seems like the least likely one.

I think we finally have the RB we have been missing with Tank. The 5* elite RB. He will play quite a bit IMO. 

I would play Shivers in the Omac role (see the iron bowl hahaha).

Boobie will probably start. DJ will play a few snaps. 

Miller and Joiner will need to play other roles.

We will finally have a rotation at RB that will be strong at the end of the game.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Shivers - His Mom indicates he's looking for bigger opportunities and it would be hard to blame him, although I'd hate to lose him.  Based on his Iron Bowl interviews I did not get the impression he was looking to leave but I could be wrong.  He should get more opportunities next year with Kam Martin and Malik Miller gone.

That young man is a class act and probably wouldn't say anything that could be misconstrued or taken negatively. I hope he stays because what else does he need to do to prove he deserves 8-10 touches per game minimum. He's lightning and Gus has been the bottle...let him out Gus. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Tank will be the best RB on our roster when he gets here, IMO. 

I do not know about that. I think at worst he will be 2nd best though. I think DJ is the best back on the roster right now and has the most potential. Tank will be a nice addition. I honestly want DJ getting the majority of reps next year over Boobee

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I don’t see DJ leaving. He has a bright future here 

Agree.  I feel he will be back 1, getting majority of the carries.  Tank will get his snaps(5* gonna get his opportunities).  If Whitlow stays he gets his which leaves nothing for anyone else.  Shwartz has taken over the majority of the sweep/reverse carries which Shivers and MAR have been pigeon-holed as being.  Miller from what I have heard has not been the same since the injuries but is a great teammate.  Joiner where does he fit?

So like I said, I can see any from 1-3 leaving the team for more opportunity or the NFL.  However I do not know what any of them are thinking and they could all be content with being at Auburn and waiting for their opportunity to succeed.

IMO RB Recruiting should be 1 back a year.  Every team has athletes that can/have played RB on the roster if injuries were to occur. 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Agree.  I feel he will be back 1, getting majority of the carries.  Tank will get his snaps(5* gonna get his opportunities).  If Whitlow stays he gets his which leaves nothing for anyone else.  Shwartz has taken over the majority of the sweep/reverse carries which Shivers and MAR have been pigeon-holed as being.  Miller from what I have heard has not been the same since the injuries but is a great teammate.  Joiner where does he fit?

So like I said, I can see any from 1-3 leaving the team for more opportunity or the NFL.  However I do not know what any of them are thinking and they could all be content with being at Auburn and waiting for their opportunity to succeed.

IMO RB Recruiting should be 1 back a year.  Every team has athletes that can/have played RB on the roster if injuries were to occur. 

Also people are forgetting about Sheffield. He has some wheels 

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Also people are forgetting about Sheffield. He has some wheels 

agree, I was gonna add him to the mix with Shwartz in that sweep/reverse role.

Our RB room is full of talent but I don't trust Gus to put the puzzle together properly. We always have guys who don't even get on the field who could be helping us.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Our RB room is full of talent but I don't trust Gus to put the puzzle together properly. We always have guys who don't even get on the field who could be helping us.

...which would be fine if the offense actually worked consistently. But so many times, talented guys have sat and watched 3-and-out after 3-and-out. 

16 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I can't see Boobee being an NFL back. He doesn't have big play speed and has been pretty injury prone. 

If he can learn to hang onto the ball, DJ hits me as our primary back next year. He's more explosive and seems to be a better all-around runner. I'm not sure how his blocking stacks up, so that may be the deciding factor. 

If Shivers can continue to play with the intensity he showed in the bama game, he could be a real weapon next season. 

Other than depth, I think we need to focus on these three unless Bigsby really proves to be something special. We definitely need to improve our production out of the run game next season. 

Archived