Men vs NC State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

NGL I thought Okoro's leg was going to be...well thank God

Same. That replay looked so bad at first until he was able to save it.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

My god that was a goaltending on the foul. Suck even harder refs. Don’t think it’s possible

No, it wasn’t. That was shockingly the right call. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

38-37 AU at half

honestly we should’ve ran away with this

Painful watching all of those missed shots under the basket.

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Looks like it was on the backboard to me so it would be 

It looked to me like he did get it just before it hit the backboard...we may just disagree.

Well, a lead is a lead but this game is a coin toss. No idea why Vegas had AU as an 8.5 favorite. AU has to figure out how to finish at the rim or kick the ball out for shots. Defensively, the help side has GOT to make a showing. NC State can easily run away with this if those 2 don’t improve.

Just now, around4ever said:

Their defense crashes on the guard drives.  Kick it back out for the open look. 

Yeah, we need to go for the one extra pass...just like we did to get our first bucket.

We also are lacking a bit of urgency it seems...not getting back on D, not running the offense very well, etc.

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Went back and watched the replay. Very close but I can see where it could be the right call.

I thought live that it was but it looked like to me on the replay he got it on the way up before it hit the backboard. 

13 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Their defense crashes on the guard drives.  Kick it back out for the open look. 

I think they're playing our offense very admirably. Unless they just take a dumb shot or have a bad TO, they're giving us nothing easy in transition and are doing as you say. Its given us plenty of those weakside threes with a few cross court options (that are very dangerous admittedly)

I dont know the formation name but a couple times after the guard's being doubled up the court, and he passes out to the wing guy (esp when Okoro is the one receiving), I felt like there were times the doubler got back to his man slowly and that Okoro could beat the help (typically the 2 guard) and really bust up their defense. 

Alot to ask of anyone though, much less someone's that not a true playmaker for others

Archived