2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

We all recognize the poor historical results for a recruit when a thread reaches 100 pages. What happens if a thread reaches 100 pages of silly arguments for an exciting prospect that has signed with Auburn? I’m worried for Mr. Frazier’s future here....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

We all recognize the poor historical results for a recruit when a thread reaches 100 pages. What happens if a thread reaches 100 pages of silly arguments for an exciting prospect that has signed with Auburn? I’m worried for Mr. Frazier’s future here....

"Silly" arguments? Excuse me, sir, but we're halfway to figuring out how to make the Corona virus reverse global warming. #findyourbeach

• Love 3

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

FWIW, I watched his hype film. Hype films from any player never impress me. Are they going to include dropped passes, missed tackles, bad throws or whatever? I haven't seen one yet that does include those things.

My question is why didn't the big schools in the area like him well enough to have him visit?

Since you are from right next door, why weren't the top of the line big 12 schools all over Frazier? I can accept that if he's a project then Oklahoma, Texas, etc. etc. may not have had much interest. If he the next coming, it seems odd that they showed little to no interest. What's the catch in this deal?

quick comment as I could care less about the little urine-excretion war unfolding here - 

My son played with a kid that  had a crazy number of D1 offers an OT.   Played in the UA game and all that stuff.   He got a call from LSU (next state over) and he politely said no interest and they did not pursue.  Miss State called the same week, said the same thing....they backed off.  He had settled in going to Colorado or TCU early  and ended up going to Colorado.   He told Texas he was not interested and they did not pursue him and he technically did not receive a 'commitable offer', and there was no press there.  

Point is, some of these kids tell programs, "Hey I am not interested," and the program put their money and time into kids who might be.  This kid could have gone to any school in the Big12 it seemed and had offers from UC Berkley to Arky, and basically all points in between.  He even went to Berkeley and Boise to visit, but not TAMU.   See my point? He wanted to get away, but would only consider one school close by  (TCU )  because of the coach or a friend, I don't recall.  

It wasn't because he could not go to  Texas, he most certainly could have.    I could share a story about Tom Hermann that I won't.   Trust me, he could have gone there.   Heck, he didn't want to play in the SEC...wanted that pass happy style of play I guess.

As for the HUDL video - there is a lot that  scouts and coaches can see that knuckleheads like me don't see.  I think I know what I am looking at, but I probably don't know as much as I think.  Today is the only day I will admit that!  Tomorrow - I am probably the second smartest guy scouting film on this forum!!  (or third) (well, top 100 for sure).  

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

My son played with a kid that  had a crazy number of D1 offers an OT.   Played in the UA game and all that stuff.   He got a call from LSU (next state over) and he politely said no interest and they did not pursue.  Miss State called the same week, said the same thing....they backed off.  He had settled in going to Colorado or TCU early  and ended up going to Colorado.   He told Texas he was not interested and they did not pursue him and he technically did not receive a 'commitable offer', and there was no press there.  

Point is, some of these kids tell programs, "Hey I am not interested," and the program put their money and time into kids who might be.  This kid could have gone to any school in the Big12 it seemed and had offers from UC Berkley to Arky, and basically all points in between.  He even went to Berkeley and Boise to visit, but not TAMU.   See my point? He wanted to get away, but would only consider one school close by  (TCU )  because of the coach or a friend, I don't recall.  

It wasn't because he could not go to  Texas, he most certainly could have.    I could share a story about Tom Hermann that I won't.   Trust me, he could have gone there.   Heck, he didn't want to play in the SEC...wanted that pass happy style of play I guess.

There's nothing inaccurate about what you relayed above concerning your son's teammate. But it isn't the same situation as the Frazier kid. Frazier had no early favorite except Arky and that blew up when Morris was fired. Frazier did not go to Pac-12 schools for visits. He did go to Auburn, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt and TCU so he definitely was shopping. Why no invite from Oklahoma and the other glamor schools that recruit his area so heavily?

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, Beaker said:

I could share a story about Tom Hermann that I won't.

He's some kind of special isn't he.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

He's some kind of special isn't he.

I am sure you know  more I, but until then, I did not know how slimy recruiting is....yeah, he is something special.

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I am sure you know  more I, but until then, I did not know how slimy recruiting is....yeah, he is something special.

Not all the time, but a lot of the time things you hear and see are really inexplicable.

Seems Frazier might be from the Derrick Brown School of Not Being Into Scumbags. Heavy emphasis on "might". Maybe he's into some combination of Jesus and academics, particularly engineering. Just more possibilities every bit as valid as another silly, arbitrary list. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Leave it to Mike to find a dark lining in a silver cloud.

Some posters were making it a diamond-packed cloud with gold columns throughout. In its present condition nickle alloy is, I think, much more like it. Perhaps Gus can apply the Philosopher's stone to the raw substance and it will turn into a jewel after all but that will take some time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Some posters were making it a diamond-packed cloud with gold columns throughout. In its present condition nickle alloy is, I think, much more like it. Perhaps Gus can apply the Philosopher's stone to the raw substance and it will turn into a jewel after all but that will take some time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone

You bring a lot of good to these forums Mike, but some days you are just a turd in the board punch bowl. It's just exuberance  over the talent of prospect committed to Auburn. Yet you do your damndest to knock it down.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

You bring a lot of good to these forums Mike, but some days you are just a turd in the board punch bowl. It's just exuberance  over the talent of prospect committed to Auburn. Yet you do your damndest to knock it down.

With this particular prospect, the exuberance had become way out of hand. You'd think he was ready for the Pro Bowl after seeing some of the raves. He may pan out, as we all hope he does. Right now, I'm saying even money he'll need a redshirt year before he's ready for college ball.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Maybe so, but shouldn't we just let people feel good about something before we try to destroy their being positive?

Why would people want to see other people happy when they could just piss in everyone’s cheerios instead? 

53 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Why would people want to see other people happy when they could just piss in everyone’s cheerios instead? 

The problem develops when pissing in Cheerios is what makes some people happy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fredst said:

The problem develops when pissing in Cheerios is what makes some people happy

Bingo. Career contrarian. I wonder if there's another word for that.

Image result for troll

On 2/16/2020 at 12:00 AM, Mikey said:

With this particular prospect, the exuberance had become way out of hand. You'd think he was ready for the Pro Bowl after seeing some of the raves. He may pan out, as we all hope he does. Right now, I'm saying even money he'll need a redshirt year before he's ready for college ball.

Yes, but *generic argument back*.

I mean, what do you say to that?

17 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Maybe so, but shouldn't we just let people feel good about something before we try to destroy their being positive?

So, the problem isn't hyperbole about a given prospect, the problem is being realistic? Among other things, my Auburn education taught me to carefully evaluate situations and to try to eliminate the wheat from the chaff. That's served me well over the years.

Mikey I agree with you highlight films only show the good stuff and don't show the errors that is why you look at them with a prejudiced eye and you look for things that aren't about the highlight but about the talent. The highlight films which are against top North Texas talent does show he is a very large individual in comparison to opponents. It does show he has real speed when he is running away from DB's. It does show that he is physical when he is blocking and his pad level is ok not great. I can see if he reaches out with his hands and grabs the ball with proper technique when catching.

When I watch highlight films I look at different things depending on the position. For O-Line I watch first step and punch I watch how quick they move when they pull, I watch pad level. By the way most HS O-Line pad level is always weak even the 5*'s. D-Line For ends first step, hand fighting controlling the edge, getting to QB or RB in a controlled manner where you can make the play. I could go on about each position except DB's as they are my weakest area and I am not a good judge on DB's that is why I usually read what others like Byrd say about them But you get the idea. If you look for the right things highlight films can tell you a lot.

I see a lot of potential in this kid. So I have high hopes for him that does not mean I automatically assume he will be a superstar. Even when we sign 5* players I realize there is more than just talent to reach the level you would expect a 5* to reach.  

• Like 2

On 2/13/2020 at 11:24 PM, Mikey said:

There's nothing inaccurate about what you relayed above concerning your son's teammate. But it isn't the same situation as the Frazier kid. Frazier had no early favorite except Arky and that blew up when Morris was fired. Frazier did not go to Pac-12 schools for visits. He did go to Auburn, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt and TCU so he definitely was shopping. Why no invite from Oklahoma and the other glamor schools that recruit his area so heavily?

You know, I was thinking long and hard about this...

I think Mikey is right, based on what we know, we should pull that kid's scholarship or run him off.   I guess we can't pull his scholarship.     There must be something wrong with him.   No way our new OC knows the full story on that kid.  

No PAC 12 schools?   No camps anywhere.   I doubt he ever did any development camps at a university.   No unofficial visits.    No family anywhere that may have influenced him.   Not many OU alumni in the Dallas Ft Worth area that could possibly influence his family.    Nah....he is a nobody from the farm - why did we every take a flyer on this project?  

Look  - Auburn has had 250 yds of production out of TEs over the past 5 seasons and this kid had 1,800 yards on 100 receptions and about 15 TDs in his past 3 seasons.   Last year alone he had 900yds.  I could care less who Lincoln Riley recruits.  Gus' biggest problem is identifying QB talent and developing players.   This is Chad Morris'  pick and until Morris gives me something to cringe about,  HE IS A GREAT  CHOICE!  

I love the direction Auburn appears to be moving on Offense.   Let's all move away from the edge and enjoy 2020.  Bama is reloading and could screw some things up, LSU is rebuilding and so is Thuga's offense.  IT'S A GREAT YEAR WITH A GREAT  TE coming to Auburn!!   Let's  enjoy the promise and future prospects before we create a dumpster fire. 

Patrick Mahomes started off as a safety, for what it is worth....didn't play QB until he was a junior and ended up at Texas Tech.  The same school this Brandon cat was going to go to.  Mahomes turned out ok it appears.