2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

Big signing- literally and figuratively.  Have utmost confidence that CCM will fully utilize this kid. 

He will have to spend some time educating CGM that the guy who lines up outside of the tackle is not called an Outside Tackle and can actually go out for a pass. Will take multiple conversations, white board sessions, film examples,  recap of guys named Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates and I think in the end CGM just might get it. 

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

He knows what they are. He just hasn't had pass catchers at the true TE position since CJU.

True dat. But sincere question: whose fault is it that he hasn't?

Boom boom booming boom 💥 boom booming boom!

24 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

. Will take multiple conversations, white board sessions, film examples,  recap of guys named Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates and I think in the end CGM just might get it. 

nope he wont..

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

He will have to spend some time educating CGM that the guy who lines up outside of the tackle is not called an Outside Tackle and can actually go out for a pass. Will take multiple conversations, white board sessions, film examples,  recap of guys named Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates and I think in the end CGM just might get it. 

May not require any conversations. Gus says he's not even going to go into the offensive room.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

True dat. But sincere question: whose fault is it that he hasn't?

Combination of factors. 2 of the biggest being Landon Rice sitch & Javy Mitchell's death.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May not require any conversations. Gus says he's not even going to go into the offensive room.

When did he say that?

These were the top tight ends in the SEC last season, in order 

UF Kyle Pitts 6’6 

LSU Thaddeus Moss 6’3

A&M Jalen W 6’5 

Arkansas Cheyenne O’grady 6’5 

USC Kyle Markway 6’4 

Mizzou Albert O 6’5 

Frazier is 6’7 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!??! WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD NOT TRADE LARRY PORTER FOR ANY OTHER TE COACH IN THE FREAKING COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This man is a freaking legend already as far as Auburn assistant coaches go!!! Not only did he bring in one 4 star TE this class BUT HE was a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaj assist to Chad Morris and threw him the alley oop pass to get our second 4 star TE in this class!!!!!!!! Just call these 2 Harry freaking Potter because they are wizards BAAAAAY BAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have to sell something that is not even on tape in a Auburn uniform which is throwing to the TE!!! I AM FREAKING PUMPED!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR DAMN LARRY PORTER AND WAR DAMN WELCOME TO AU CHAD MORRIS!!!!!!! 

ewewq.jpg

weewq.jpg

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

I just finished watching his film he is a game changer already a very solid blocker carries 250 pounds very easily at 6' 7" moves very well for a big man has great catch radius and very good hands and is much faster then you would expect for a man of his size. When he blocks DB's he usually puts them on the ground. He is a prototypical TE.  This class was already very good but with him and Pegesus we have two TE's with great weight for blocking and the speed to burn LB's and most safety's. Put them outside of speed rushing DE and chip thee DE as they go out and it will help the OT and force the LB on that side to cover them and leave an open area for the RB.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Combination of factors. 2 of the biggest being Landon Rice sitch & Javy Mitchell's death.

Ok, since we're past these factors, I would like to see us throw to the tight end between a minimum of 5-8 times a game. We have a weapon so let's use him.

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

When did he say that?

Right at this moment, I don't believe Gus. When I see a noticeable change in our offensive philosophy from what I've seen the last 7 years under Gus, then and only then will I believe it. Please prove me wrong Gus.

Edited by ArgoEagle
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Whoever keeps recruiting TE to Auburn needs a freaking raise. Wde

See @GwillMac6's post above. And damn, he's right. Who knows what the future holds and we get fooled every year but this one feels big. Porter has had very good TEs on the hook in the past only to have Gus say nah. This goes against a lot of trends which is part of why I was on record saying I didn't think it would happen. And my crow tasted awful but the juice was worth the squeeze. We just landed an NFL body at a position where we don't land NFL bodies. 

Hell yes, a tip of the cap to Porter, Morris and Gus. All I ever ask is that we move forward. This was a 6'7 step in the right direction. Until we take two steps back, I am a happy fan.

Image result for yes gif"

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really surprised we pulled this one! Having hope that maybe we see some new stuff next season on O. 

War Eagle and welcome to AU Brandon!!

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD NOT TRADE LARRY PORTER FOR ANY OTHER TE COACH IN THE FREAKING COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice segue from the Hulkster to Flair. Speaking of Hulk, Frazier looks like a giant out there. Please Gus, don't waste this guy. 

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Right at this moment, I don't believe Gus. When I see a noticeable change in our offensive philosophy from what I've seen the last 7 years under Gus, then and only then will I believe it. Please prove me wrong Gus.

I'm pretty sure there are many who dont believe Gus.

• Like 1

Mark My Words:

The moment B. Frazier committed to AU ( along with the Day Bro. Jones signs with AU ((please lord!!!)) will be remembered as the spark that led to AU's 3rd NC. I think this kid is a different animal from our usual TE and with CCM on board I think he has instant impact potential. Will be a monster in the middle of the field and will change the dynamics of our passing attack!

War Damn Eagle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I'm pretty sure there are many who dont believe Gus.

I'm still highly skeptical but I've upgraded from "LOL whatevs" to "I still don't believe you... but keep talking".

• Like 2