2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

I see people not wanting Frazier's talents to be wasted if for some reason we were to put him at OT. My response would be: are we better with him at TE, or OT?" If he's an absolute baller of a tight end, but doesn't get targeted much, that doesn't do us much good. If he's just a good OT, but it helps us wins some games, by all means give the man a couple pizzas and make him the next great left tackle.

Love to see his skillset at tight end, but I'd rather do what helps us win. That is probably at TE, I'm just saying, if we are lacking something that he brings as an OT, yes by all means make him an offensive lineman...... but I hope it's not

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I see people not wanting Frazier's talents to be wasted if for some reason we were to put him at OT. My response would be: are we better with him at TE, or OT?" If he's an absolute baller of a tight end, but doesn't get targeted much, that doesn't do us much good. If he's just a good OT, but it helps us wins some games, by all means give the man a couple pizzas and make him the next great left tackle.

Love to see his skillset at tight end, but I'd rather do what helps us win. That is probably at TE, I'm just saying, if we are lacking something that he brings as an OT, yes by all means make him an offensive lineman...... but I hope it's not

He has no desire to play OT & Chad Morris uses TEs well. Let's let things play out a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Position change would have to be good for athlete as well as coaches.  If a player is the least bit unhappy it's too easy to hit the Portal button these days.  To tinker with someone who seems to have perfect size and skill set for NFL would not be fair. On the other hand Pegues appears to have great potential at maybe 3 positions right now.

54 minutes ago, autan said:

Position change would have to be good for athlete as well as coaches.  If a player is the least bit unhappy it's too easy to hit the Portal button these days.  To tinker with someone who seems to have perfect size and skill set for NFL would not be fair. On the other hand Pegues appears to have great potential at maybe 3 positions right now.

Can definitely see us giving the ball to pegues on 3rd and 1 situations 

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Interesting nugget here. Keith says forget rankings & that Frazier is the most talented prospect in AU's class along with Tank, & Walker.

I'm glad we signed the guy, but some people need to step back from the edge. If he had "an NFL skill set and NFL size", plus being as fast as the Jones kid from Arky as has been alluded to, this recruiting battle wouldn't have come down to Auburn and Texas Tech.  If he were next level ready now he'd have been a 5*, nation's #1 TE prospect and recruited from coast to coast. Let's just hope he can develop and help us win some games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm glad we signed the guy, but some people need to step back from the edge. If he had "an NFL skill set and NFL size", plus being as fast as the Jones kid from Arky as has been alluded to, this recruiting battle wouldn't have come down to Auburn and Texas Tech.  If he were next level ready now he'd have been a 5*, nation's #1 TE prospect and recruited from coast to coast. Let's just hope he can develop and help us win some games.

Recruits get Misevaluated by the recruiting services and staffs every year and you know this. Also for the record Keith says he runs a legit 4.6/40. That’s booking it for a tight end.  Keith’s not the type to make up that kind of information. Also historically his evaluations are usually Some of the best out there. Frazier may or may not pan out But when Keith is high on a recruit it’s definitely a reason for optimism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

When will y’all stop looking at stars so much and just evaluate the guy yourself. It’s not like Auburn people are the only ones high on him

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Mikey what do you think NFL skill set and NFL size is??? Dude is 6’7, has legit speed, blocks well, and catches everything thrown at him. That’s what an NFL TE does. Auburn people aren’t the only ones high on him. He’s exactly what NFL teams want when they look to draft for a TE strictly looking at skill set and size. Will he turn out that way? Who knows, but from a strictly peripherals standpoint? He’s exactly what you want and that’s why people say he has NFL size and skill set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Mikey what do you think NFL skill set and NFL size is??? Dude is 6’7, has legit speed, blocks well, and catches everything thrown at him. That’s what an NFL TE does. Auburn people aren’t the only ones high on him. He’s exactly what NFL teams want when they look to draft for a TE strictly looking at skill set and size. Will he turn out that way? Who knows, but from a strictly peripherals standpoint? He’s exactly what you want and that’s why people say he has NFL size and skill set. 

What I'm saying is, if he were NFL ready now, which is what one would believe after reading this thread, he'd have been a 5* prospect and the most sought after TE in the country. Rivals has him ranked as the 22nd best TE prospect. If he currently had an NFL skill set and with his size, he'd be the #1 guy. Lets hope he develops into that, but he's not there now.

The ranking sites miss on a kid from time to time, but rarely by this much. Both the rankers and the major school's scouts and recruiters aren't going to all miss by a mile. His part of Texas is heavily recruited by numerous P5 schools. Were he ready right now we'd have been fighting off bigger schools than Texas Tech.   As I said, I'm glad we got the guy but claiming he's one of the top three recruits in this very good class is quite a leap.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What I'm saying is, if he were NFL ready now, which is what one would believe after reading this thread, he'd have been a 5* prospect and the most sought after TE in the country. Rivals has him ranked as the 22nd best TE prospect. If he currently had an NFL skill set and with his size, he'd be the #1 guy. Lets hope he develops into that, but he's not there now.

The ranking sites miss on a kid from time to time, but rarely by this much. Both the rankers and the major school's scouts and recruiters aren't going to all miss by a mile. His part of Texas is heavily recruited by numerous P5 schools. Were he ready right now we'd have been fighting off bigger schools than Texas Tech.   As I said, I'm glad we got the guy but claiming he's one of the top three recruits in this very good class is quite a leap.

He’s ranked 9th in the composite at his position which puts him at top 10 in his class at his position. 

for reference: 

TJ Hockenson was ranked 66th at his position and was taken 8th overall in the 2019 draft and Noah Fant was ranked 31st and taken 20th overall in the 2019 draft. 

• Like 2

What actually is his speed?  Anyone got a number?  His tape didn't look like he was running away from anyone.

We saw some big fast (6'-6 250) TE's play huge roles in the Super Bowl game.  I'm going to be disappointed if we don't see some of that in the next 3 or 4 years. Of course it wouldn't be my first disappointment.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

What actually is his speed?  Anyone got a number?  His tape didn't look like he was running away from anyone.

The first highlight in his senior tape hudl he literally runs past the whole secondary...

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

When will y’all stop looking at stars so much and just evaluate the guy yourself. It’s not like Auburn people are the only ones high on him

And Shannon Terry is about as Bammer as it gets. That should tell you something on Frazier's potential.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Freak said:

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith says he runs a legit 4.6/40. That’s booking it for a tight end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

The first highlight in his senior tape hudl he literally runs past the whole secondary...

He pulled on one or two, the other kept with him and another came in from the side was way faster, just ran out of field.

From looking at his measurables alone, I was thinking we could convert him to a OT.

After watching his highlights, Imo he reminds me of George Kittle when he has the ball in his hands. It looks like he has the mentality of "one guy cant tackle me." Granted it's only high school and he has a long way to reach that level, but it will be fun watching him develop. 

12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

He’s ranked 9th in the composite at his position which puts him at top 10 in his class at his position. 

for reference: 

TJ Hockenson was ranked 66th at his position and was taken 8th overall in the 2019 draft and Noah Fant was ranked 31st and taken 20th overall in the 2019 draft. 

He was very lightly recruited, compared to all the kudos he's getting here. Do we have any idea why that was?

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

He was very lightly recruited, compared to all the kudos he's getting here. Do we have any idea why that was?

First easy guess is that he didn't work the camp circuit. Maybe his high school staff isn't recruiting savvy. Maybe he's just a really late bloomer. Could be anything. This isn't that uncommon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

First easy guess is that he didn't work the camp circuit. Maybe his high school staff isn't recruiting savvy. Maybe he's just a really late bloomer. Could be anything. This isn't that uncommon. 

And Mikey has said all these things about other recruits himself. He's just choosing to find something else to argue the board over.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And Mikey has said all these things about other recruits himself. He's just choosing to find something else to argue the board over.

Other recruits who were lightly recruited, late additions weren't being touted here as the next coming of John Mackey. Can you cite who said that Daniel Thomas had NFL skills coming out of high school? How about Boobie Whitlow? The last silly stuff I clearly remember was the hysteria over the late Ladarious Phillips at running back. I was the only one here that had actually seen him play in person and talked to opposing coaches. I said at the time that Georgia Southern was on the right track when they offered him as a defensive tackle.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Lightly recruited, lower rated players becoming stars in college isn't all that uncommon. Such prospects being hailed as having NFL skills coming out of high school is very uncommon.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Lightly recruited, lower rated players becoming stars in college isn't all that uncommon. Such prospects being hailed as having NFL skills coming out of high school is very uncommon.

Lower rated? He's a 4*. 

Also, someone who runs a 4.6 at 6'7 isn't "being hailed as having NFL skills.". A guy fitting that description does in fact have at least 2 NFL skills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2