2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

37 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

But i'm still waiting for him to answer the question.

He did.....he said because of his offer list...which there are a plethora of reasons any school might not have offered and most of which were probably already explained. The kid was obviously a late bloomer. A lot of schools already had their guy by the time he started blowing up. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

He did.....he said because of his offer list...which there are a plethora of reasons any school might not have offered and most of which were probably already explained. The kid was obviously a late bloomer. A lot of schools already had their guy by the time he started blowing up. 

Right he answered that part. Not trying to be a jerk at all but the second part was basically asking what film if any did he watch and from that, what stood out to why we should pump the breaks. You're absolutely right, there are too many reasons to list on why or even if a school offered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Right he answered that part. Not trying to be a jerk at all but the second part was basically asking what film if any did he watch and from that, what stood out to why we should pump the breaks. You're absolutely right, there are too many reasons to list on why or even if a school offered.

Keep waiting for him to answer the second part

• Like 1

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Mom, please hire a different clown for my next birthday. I want to laugh, not feel sorry for him. 

Feel bad about laughing.......but that was funny😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Dude they'll put so much muscle on this kid half of his class wont recognize him when he returns for his first HS game.

No kidding. Coach Russell must be salivating. 6'7 247 on his recruiting profile. If even ballpark accurate, he could be playing at a very clean, rocked up 265 by the time he leaves. That's an NFL prototype. And judging by his video, dude runs like a gazelle, likes to block, and has soft hands. I'm buying the hype on this one for sure.

Just please go to class, leave your weed at home, and no means no, big fella.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No, I said because of his visit list. Auburn, for example, "offers" upwards of 200 kids a year. If they have someone in for a visit, official or unofficial, that indicates a certain level of interest on the school's part. I've already posted which schools Frazier visited and several that should have had obvious interest that he was not invited to visit.

Quote: "I was going to ask the same. Posters on the other side of the argument have listed multiple reasons as to why they think he has NFL tools and skills....why do you think otherwise?"

I don't see the much discussed second part of this question. In any case, the answer I've already posted is sufficient.

I’ll probably get ripped here but I’ve got to go with @Mikey on this one. I can’t even count how many times this board has overhyped a hs kid’s ability and they never panned out. There’s nothing wrong with getting excited about the future of our players, but it does get a bit hyperbolic sometimes. A recent player that comes to mind is Marquis McClain. We can argue about why a player doesn’t pan out——-never mind that last bit. I hope the kid is the next Gronk but none of us know.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’ll probably get ripped here but I’ve got to go with @Mikey on this one. I can’t even count how many times this board has overhyped a hs kid’s ability and they never panned out. There’s nothing wrong with getting excited about the future of our players, but it does get a bit hyperbolic sometimes. A recent player that comes to mind is Marquis McClain. We can argue about why a player doesn’t pan out——-never mind that last bit. I hope the kid is the next Gronk but none of us know.

That was fan hype on McClain. Keith doesn't hype recruits often as he has done here. When he does it usually pans out.

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

I'll ask you the same thing, then. When you watch his highlights, what do you see? What do you not see that you want to see? Do you disagree with his height? Speed? Catching ability? Blocking ability?

By the way, Mikey's point isn't that we should just wait and see on all recruits- which is what you're saying and which I won't argue with (far more spectacular busts than McClain- Calvin Ashley, Roc Thomas, etc. McClain was always just a raw prospect with freak metrics. ). He's just being a contrarian for the sake of it as usual. He won't even comment on (watch?) this kid's highlights because of his limited list of visits. It's a thing with him. 

Look. It's February. All we can do is make predictions. So folks look at a 6'7 guy with a sick highlight reel committing to an OC with a track record for success throwing to tight ends and, shockingly, predict big things. 

And, as @ellitor said, the hype has kicked off from outside the fanbase. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

I think Porter was impressed early on. But odds of Frazier giving AU a serious look were pretty slim at that time so no visits..... Until CCM arrived who had Texas ties and a good track record with TE's and a great relationship with this kid. KN is very high on Bigsby, Walker, and Frazier and others I'm sure. Not many question the talents of the first two. Most of us respect Keith's opinions.  He's biased toward Auburn sure but I don't think he's known to over-hype in recruiting world.  No one wants to lose their credibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That was fan hype on McClain. Keith doesn't hype recruits often as he has done here. When he does it usually pans out.

You’re still making my point with the hype aspect.

verb (used with object),  hyped,hyp·ing.         —————————to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually followed by up

I agree he’s right more than not, but it’s still hype/ hyperbolic. That’s my whole point! Of course we are gonna hype our recruits/players or you aren’t a fan/fanatic. I don’t know why the player didn’t have a big time visit list as, @Mikey was holding up as his reason for having a wait and see attitude. Show the reason for this discrepancy and maybe, just maybe, you’ll change his mind! 😂 Good luck 🍀 

34 minutes ago, autan said:

He's biased toward Auburn

He's actually not which makes him one of the best recruiting reporters in the business.

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

You’re still making my point with the hype aspect.

verb (used with object),  hyped,hyp·ing.         —————————to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually followed by up

I agree he’s right more than not, but it’s still hype/ hyperbolic. That’s my whole point! Of course we are gonna hype our recruits/players or you aren’t a fan/fanatic. I don’t know why the player didn’t have a big time visit list as, @Mikey was holding up as his reason for having a wait and see attitude. Show the reason for this discrepancy and maybe, just maybe, you’ll change his mind! 😂 Good luck 🍀 

Call it hype or whatever you want. My point is Keith's opinion on recruits as they develop has a track record of being right & his opinion has real validity where as most of ours in this area aren't. Because of Keith's track record we as fans should expect big things from Frazier if he is allowed to be used in the pass game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

Show the reason for this discrepancy

Several possible reasons were suggested. Some have trouble processing any information that doesn't conform to their preconceived notions. Or they just enjoy a particular brand of attention.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, I said because of his visit list. Auburn, for example, "offers" upwards of 200 kids a year. If they have someone in for a visit, official or unofficial, that indicates a certain level of interest on the school's part. I've already posted which schools Frazier visited and several that should have had obvious interest that he was not invited to visit.

Quote: "I was going to ask the same. Posters on the other side of the argument have listed multiple reasons as to why they think he has NFL tools and skills....why do you think otherwise?"

I don't see the much discussed second part of this question. In any case, the answer I've already posted is sufficient.

I apologize I misread. So thanks for clearing that up for me. So the "visits" are the reason then.....ok....Well that to me is even more evident than if it were lack of offers. There are many reasons kids may or may not make visits. Most of which have probably been explained by multiple posters at this point.

I do not understand your argument one bit. If you watched the film and had some viable critiques in his game ...then maybe...but I don't believe you have watched;

• Like 1

Unlike some I watched his film and being from Allen Texas next door to McKinney I know the level of talent he plays against and it is top notch talent.  he is big you can see that when compared to players around him, he runs well, he blocks well. He has pretty good top end speed as can be seen when he is leaving some smaller players behind. Like many tall players he is faster than he is quick (it takes him a little while to hit top end) , he has soft hands. 

Like any player out of HS you can see the potential but nobody can say he will be great or a flop as there are intangibles like work ethic,  feel for the game, school work, first time away from home, injury etc. From what I have seen I am excited that we picked him up now lets hope he has the strong work ethic and other intangibles to allow him to live up to his potential.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Unlike some I watched his film and being from Allen Texas next door to McKinney I know the level of talent he plays against and it is top notch talent.  he is big you can see that when compared to players around him, he runs well, he blocks well. He has pretty good top end speed as can be seen when he is leaving some smaller players behind. Like many tall players he is faster than he is quick (it takes him a little while to hit top end) , he has soft hands. 

Like any player out of HS you can see the potential but nobody can say he will be great or a flop as there are intangibles like work ethic,  feel for the game, school work, first time away from home, injury etc. From what I have seen I am excited that we picked him up now lets hope he has the strong work ethic and other intangibles to allow him to live up to his potential.

I guess my fellow Texan has caused me to stop the press and cancel my order of "Frazier for Heisman" stickers.   The deposit was only $49.00.   I thought they looked cool with the tiger stripes and all.    snicker-snicker

Seriously, he's right the talent in and around McKinney is off the charts and the kid played against some of the top competition in DFW.   Just another reason to be excited that Auburn coaches are recruiting Texas more.  I like the trend.   Maybe those twins who play OL will settle in on choosing Auburn also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Just another reason to be excited that Auburn coaches are recruiting Texas more.

About dang time!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I do not understand your argument one bit. If you watched the film and had some viable critiques in his game ...then maybe...but I don't believe you have watched;

FWIW, I watched his hype film. Hype films from any player never impress me. Are they going to include dropped passes, missed tackles, bad throws or whatever? I haven't seen one yet that does include those things.

My question is why didn't the big schools in the area like him well enough to have him visit?

19 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Unlike some I watched his film and being from Allen Texas next door to McKinney I know the level of talent he plays against and it is top notch talent.

Since you are from right next door, why weren't the top of the line big 12 schools all over Frazier? I can accept that if he's a project then Oklahoma, Texas, etc. etc. may not have had much interest. If he the next coming, it seems odd that they showed little to no interest. What's the catch in this deal?