2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

I would say he probably didn't hit the camps like most of your elite prospects do. That in itself will throw off the recruiting service people because they want to see them at the camps. He might not have had a monster JR season ( IDK ) so coaches might not have been on his trail much until late in his SR year.

Regardless....I am for one..THANKFUL...that he flew under the radar. He is day 1 instant impact type of guy IMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Lower rated? He's a 4*. 

3* on Rivals. If all the hoopla here were to be believed he should be a 5*+

Quote:" Also, someone who is rumored to run a 4.6 at 6'7 isn't ...." Fixed that one for you.

His hometown is Mckinney, Texas, a suburb of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. About 32 miles north of the city proper. I highly doubt that he was overlooked by recruiters. AU, Arky, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU and Vandy were his visits. Not shabby, just not what you'd expect for a guy who is alleged to have NFL skills.

I hope the guy prospers for us, but lets hold the wild expectations down until he's at least made it through fall camp.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

3* on Rivals. If all the hoopla here were to be believed he should be a 5*+

Quote:" Also, someone who is rumored to run a 4.6 at 6'7 isn't ...." Fixed that one for you.

His hometown is Mckinney, Texas, a suburb of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. About 32 miles north of the city proper. I highly doubt that he was overlooked by recruiters. AU, Arky, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU and Vandy were his visits. Not shabby, just not what you'd expect for a guy who is alleged to have NFL skills.

I hope the guy prospers for us, but lets hold the wild expectations down until he's at least made it through fall camp.

giphy-21.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So,  this what you post when you can't refute the statement.

No this is what I post when you get on one of your I CANNOT AND WILL NOT LET ANYTHING GO STAGE!!!! Like is it not humanly possible for you to DROP SOMETHING AND MOVE ON!??!?! lol.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No this is what I post when you get on one of your I CANNOT AND WILL NOT LET ANYTHING GO STAGE!!!! Like is it not humanly possible for you to DROP SOMETHING AND MOVE ON!??!?! lol.

When is the "he's a super star that was undiscovered" stuff going to be dropped?

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

When is the "he's a super star that was undiscovered" stuff going to be dropped?

ewewewr.jpg

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Probably when you quit denying reports from people who have watched him play and who have access to his recorded metrics. Just like people who criticize Gus wouldn't do it so much if his self-appointed Secret Service weren't always running around trying to protect his fee-fees. 

By the way, have you actually watched Frazier's film? What about it has you pumping your brakes? Please don't bring up recruiting info or defer to whichever recruiting service best supports your case. When you watch his film, what about his performance in a live football game do you see that might limit his ability to play NFL football?  

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Probably when you quit denying reports from people who have watched him play and who have access to his recorded metrics. Just like people who criticize Gus wouldn't do it so much if his self-appointed Secret Service weren't always running around trying to protect his fee-fees. 

By the way, have you actually watched Frazier's film? What about it has you pumping your brakes? Please don't bring up recruiting info or defer to whichever recruiting service best supports your case. When you watch his film, what about his performance in a live football game do you see that might limit his ability to play NFL football?  

I was going to ask the same. Posters on the other side of the argument have listed multiple reasons as to why they think he has NFL tools and skills....why do you think otherwise?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I was going to ask the same. Posters on the other side of the argument have listed multiple reasons as to why they think he has NFL tools and skills....why do you think otherwise?

He just needs attention 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I went to Auburn last weekend and watched an epic BB game.  Wow.   

As for this Brandon cat, I can't read all the pages, but has anyone mentioned he has NFL talent and probably a 5* rated player by services in outside the SE United States?   Wow- somehow those schools in Texas can't figure out what a  TE is used for.  Someone should look at his film.  

snicker - snicker, sorry; I could not resist. 

I did go to the game and wow is LSU really, really good.  We won, but LSU is scary talented at every position.   Cudos to CBP and the players for just letting it all hang out the last 1:30 of the game.  They are resilient.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

So the TE is great prospect for AU.  We will see what happens for him life after that, but hey...  AU...

Settle down. He's lower rated. /s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

(repeating to myself: this is not a bashing gus thread, this is not a bashing gus thread, this is not a bashing gus thread...)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Fun fact once you ask Mikey to explain something or give an actual opinion he disappears into the night

I'm usually in front of a computer screen a little in the mornings and again late at night unless something more interesting comes up. I don't let the internet interfere with my goings and comings.

Now, you've already got my opinion but I'll give it again, since you seem to have missed it the first several times:

I think he's a good prospect. I do not think he's one of the top three in this class. I do not think he's one of the top TE prospects in the country, if he were there would have been more big-time schools trying to sign him. Does that mean he cannot develop into a special player? No, it does not. 

Lets re-visit this thread after fall camp is over and the depth charts come out. According to the drum beaters, Frazier should have Shenker, Fromm and Deal beaten out by then and he'll be listed as the #1 TE.  We shall see.

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I looked at his visit list. Where are Texas, aTm, Oklahoma, Okie State, SoCal, Oregon? That's just schools west of the Mississippi River that blew off a chance to get him on campus. All of those schools recruit the Dallas area, they are familiar with the territory.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The man does love his lists. Very on brand.

Your major at Auburn obviously wasn't in one of the science based curricula. You have a problem accepting factual information when it refutes your preconceived notions.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Your major at Auburn obviously wasn't in one of the science based curricula. You have a problem accepting factual information when it refutes your preconceived notions.

Mom, please hire a different clown for my next birthday. I want to laugh, not feel sorry for him. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Mom, please hire a different clown for my next birthday. I want to laugh, not feel sorry for him. 

Squirm much? :) :)

Just now, ellitor said:

Alright you 2. Give it a rest for a while. And I don't mean for a few hours or days.

At least you had the decency to ask both of us to cool it. The last time a mod asked me to lay off this guy, it was a one-way street.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Squirm much? :) :)

Why on earth would I be squirming?

Certainly not because we finally landed a 4* TE with NFL skills and we might finally have a guy calling the plays who knows what he's doing.