Men vs UGA Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the beginning I thought this game should have gone through Wiley. But we have two seniors who seem to love to play one on one ball. In their defense, the guys around them can’t seem to shoot. But I still feel Wiley should have been the guy.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I'm no longer buying the "home babies" excuse, dude.  I can understand not finishing on the road.  Looking inept is a whole other thing.  Mizzou and Georgia aren't legit teams in any twisting of the term.

Well we aren't very good is another thing. So there's that. We over achieved this year. We have no business winning 20 games but we did. It sucks okoro got hurt. I think we at least split these 2 road games if he's healthy. 

Also the home thing is a legit thing though. There is no bigger advantage in sports than at home in college basketball. It has allowed us a meh team have a much better season than we should of. 

Also with no rings this year, I’d sit Okoro until the week before the SEC tournament and give him a shot to be fully healthy and rested for March and hopefully make it to the second weekend of the tournament. 

In the first half we had J'Von and Wiley in the second half we had J'Von. I did seem some solid D and rebounding from Williams.  Part of the reason Mac has looked so bad is he is playing out of position. He is a five and lately we have been playing him at 4 most of the time. 

Tonight Flanagan played some good D on Edwards and made some nice drives but could not finish. Cambridge looked lost, Jamal Johnson was an embarrassment he didn't just miss he missed badly. Doughty had turnovers missed layups and then after he made a 3 decided to just jack up 3's. Mac who has always been one of my favorite players is just not playing well. Purifoy has completely disappeared except to jack up 3's from outside of his range. This was a team loss. I feel for Bruce he kept trying different people and different combinations  but nobody could shoot and  there was no good ball movement. We didn't even get to the line like we normally do.

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

From the beginning I thought this game should have gone through Wiley. But we have two seniors who seem to love to play one on one ball. In their defense, the guys around them can’t seem to shoot. But I still feel Wiley should have been the guy.

We shouldn't go through Wiley where we just dump it in and let him go to work. He does not have the offensive tools to do that. But we should of looked for him more on the drive. That's where he's at his best. That and the offensive glass.

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Look they knew Wiley was our inside threat. They surrounded him. Harassed him. Hammonds was in foul trouble. We can be defended pretty easily. I'm not going to blame the senior guards when no one, absolutely no one can make a damn shot or get fouled. And our guards have virtually no backup. Harper and Brown had that luxury the last 2 years.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Also with no rings this year, I’d sit Okoro until the week before the SEC tournament and give him a shot to be fully healthy and rested for March and hopefully make it to the second weekend of the tournament. 

They need to find some consistent options on offense other than JM, Wiley and Okoro. Time to play some other combinations to see if anything clicks and if someone new can step up.

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m pretty sure I won’t even bother watching another away game this season. 

That Kentucky game will get uggggggvggglllllllly.

UGA is going to win this one. This team has absolutely no chemistry without Okoro. We are a terrible shooting team, we don’t have any legitimate leader. If Okoro isn’t on the floor this team is a first round exit. UGA on pace to beat auburn by double digits

this team evidently isn’t bothered about this tho Bc nobody steps up

As said before our recruits can’t get here fast enough. I don’t care that Bart Simpson had to write “bagman isn’t a legitimate career” on the chalkboard 100 times we better find a way to get JG here

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

UGA is going to win this one. This team has absolutely no chemistry without Okoro. We are a terrible shooting team, we don’t have any legitimate leader. If Okoro isn’t on the floor this team is a first round exit. UGA on pace to beat auburn by double digits

this team evidently isn’t bothered about this tho Bc nobody steps up

Lol bro they are bothered by it but they just can't do anything about it. Effort heart and intensity is not the problem. Georgia wasn't that great we just were that bad. Our overall talent level is the problem.

Archived