Men vs UGA Game Thread

Maverick.AU

I hope these 2 game suckfests (Bama/UF then Mizzu/UGa) don't strike at tournament time. I disagree with those saying this is not a good team or that it has chronic shooting issues. In our 4 losses we had absolutely zero discipline most of those games but in wins vs Ky etc every guy out there was locked in and focused for the most part. A head scratcher & not easy to figure out IMO.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Our recruits can't get here soon enough

We have to close strong in crutin have to!!! We will not be good at all next year if our starting lineup is coop, Flannigan, Cambridge, jaylin and stretch next season. Jalen Green is a must but we also need to get other difference makers. I don't see Moore and Powell making a dent next season.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol bro they are bothered by it but they just can't do anything about it. Effort heart and intensity is not the problem. Georgia wasn't that great we just were that bad. Our overall talent level is the problem.

Effort, heart and intensity, I agree. That’s a BP coached team, but terrible passes, not finishing shots. Just ugh. We literally need JM, Wiley, and 3 JJ reddicks

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We have to close strong in crutin have to!!! We will not be good at all next year if our starting lineup is coop, Flannigan, Cambridge, jaylin and stretch next season. Jalen Green is a must but we also need to get other difference makers. I don't see Moore and Powell making a dent next season.

Might as well offer about 100k to Greg brown too

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I hope these 2 game suckfests (Bama/UF then Mizzu/UGa) don't strike at tournament time. I disagree with those saying this is not a good team or that it has chronic shooting issues. In our 4 losses we had absolutely zero discipline most of those games but in wins vs Ky etc every guy out there was locked in and focused for the most part. A head scratcher & not easy to figure out IMO.

We won the Kentucky game because of a all time great crowd and atmosphere and Wiley completely took Nick Richards out of the game. But the 2 biggest reasons is Hagan's barely played because of foul trouble and we got to the line over 40 times. Okoro was super clutch closing it out to.

Okoro's draft stock must be soaring after these past two games. It's obvious that we have very little chance without him on the floor. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I feel that if you replaced JJ with Powell right now, we’d have a significantly better bench unit. JJ was supposed to be just as much of a sniper, but Powell...I mean

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Might as well offer about 100k to Greg brown too

I know your halfway joking but for real!!! We are in a position where we need more than just green.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I feel that if you replaced JJ with Powell right now, we’d have a significantly better bench unit. JJ was supposed to be just as much of a sniper, but Powell...I mean

Powell has to stay healthy man. He's barely played any ball the past 2 years.

I know your halfway joking but for real!!! We are in a position where we need more than just green.

I’m totally cereal. Offer 50-100k to cliff too. Just keep it super lowkey

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think they gotta play Turbo at this point. You try him at the 2 put Doughty at the 3, maybe you can add points somewhere. I know he can’t run point at all but if you just ask him to shoot like JJ...??? Maybe? 

Lol you saw tonight why jaylin doesn't play more. Do you really want to burst your bubble on turbo too!?

It’s just such a shame because of how down CBB was in general this year. Aside from Baylor, SDSU and KU, I feel like everyone else had a real chance and I think our only mortal flaw was just the 3 ball. Everything else was survivable. We clearly at least knew ourselves better than UK and LSU too. Everything was in play smh 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m totally cereal. Offer 50-100k to cliff too. Just keep it super lowkey

I want Coop's other BFF josh Christopher. I never ever want to have to watch a team that is this allergic to scoring and shooting. Last 2 years were not only must see tv and super fun to watch because we were the most fun team in the country but I mean that's how you freaking win these days!!! Spread em out and have 4 shooters on the floor. Our team this year is a disaster of a recipe to go deep in March. Guards and shooting win in March. We have none.

I want Coop's other BFF josh Christopher. I never ever want to have to watch a team that is this allergic to scoring and shooting. Last 2 years were not only must see tv and super fun to watch because we were the most fun team in the country but I mean that's how you freaking win these days!!! Spread em out and have 4 shooters on the floor. Our team this year is a disaster of a recipe to go deep in March. Guards and shooting win in March. We have none.

Man were we spoiled, the greatest shooting team in AU history vs a team with potential but also maybe the worst shooting team in auburn history lol. JABA

Im a fan of the old Villanova four guard game

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s just such a shame because of how down CBB was in general this year. Aside from Baylor, SDSU and KU, I feel like everyone else had a real chance and I think our only mortal flaw was just the 3 ball. Everything else was survivable. We clearly at least knew ourselves better than UK and LSU too. Everything was in play smh 

@Tiger called it. He said we could stomach and afford to lose everyone from last year's team but Jared. Just having him would of been so huge. A great PG is everything in the college game. We still would of lacked shooting but we would of got easier looks at least from Harper's ability to drive and kick.

Lol you saw tonight why jaylin doesn't play more. Do you really want to burst your bubble on turbo too!?

I know. It kills me the suggestions some want to go to. Turbo? Williams...did u see his I’ll advised 3 pointer he took as his first SEC shot?

we are 22-4. 22-4 guys! And some of you are saying we’re not a good team? Smh. 

We have found so many ways to win games this year and so many close games we have found a way to win. 

we LOST our best overall player and it is going to show. We also are trying to find how to play w subs who are so young and it shows too. Add all that and it is why we lost 2 away games. 

let’s get Okoro back and let’s see if we can regroup then. 

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I know. It kills me the suggestions some want to go to. Turbo? Williams...did u see his I’ll advised 3 pointer he took as his first SEC shot?

we are 22-4. 22-4 guys! And some of you are saying we’re not a good team? Smh. 

We have found so many ways to win games this year and so many close games we have found a way to win. 

we LOST our best overall player and it is going to show. We also are trying to find how to play w subs who are so young and it shows too. Add all that and it is why we lost 2 away games. 

let’s get Okoro back and let’s see if we can regroup then. 

We aren’t a good team without Okoro on the court tho lol, away from home where it would matter

Lack of the 3 ball is our glaring weakness. We have several, but this one is handicapping us. If BP doesn't recruit at least 2 pure shooters for 2020-21, we will lose quite a few games next year. We are fortunate this year that the league is down overall. We probably win our 1st game in the Big Dance, but I don't see us getting to the sweet 16 with our lack of offensive firepower. I predict we get blown out at UK and LSU, and who knows about our remaining home games. War Eagle!!!

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Lack of the 3 ball is our glaring weakness. We have several, but this one is handicapping us. If BP doesn't recruit at least 2 pure shooters for 2020-21, we will lose quite a few games next year. We are fortunate this year that the league is down overall. We probably win our 1st game in the Big Dance, but I don't see us getting to the sweet 16 with our lack of offensive firepower. I predict we get blown out at UK and LSU, and who knows about our remaining home games. War Eagle!!!

If we can bag  JG along with maybe GB or cliff. We will be solid next year. Cooper will be solid and if Powell stays healthy I think he’ll be a sharpshooter for us

5 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Auburn cheats? With that roster? LOL. Do you think squeaky clean Cal could win with that roster? You guys lost to Evansville at home. Really? What was that a moral victory?

Cal gets all these 5 stars and still can’t win natty’s lol, year after year

3 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Auburn cheats? With that roster? LOL. Do you think squeaky clean Cal could win with that roster? You guys lost to Evansville at home. Really? What was that a moral victory?

Lol seriously!!! You want to say Bruce is not squeaky clean? Fine!! This team ain't it though chief!!! Our starting backcourt is a dude from wherever the hell Lee college is and a transfer from VCU who misses more layups each game than Bryce Brown would miss 3 point attempts some nights!!! Hahaha 

It all starts with our guards lack of facilitating anything on offense. They get their points but that's just because of the shear volume they shoot. If they looked for passes more often instead of going one on one, I'd be curious to see what the result would be. Samir and Jvon had 39 FG's tonight which I believe is more than the rest of the team combined. I'm tired of seeing either of them drive to the basket and leave one of their teammates wide open under it. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Lol seriously!!! You want to say Bruce is not squeaky clean? Fine!! This team ain't it though chief!!! Our starting backcourt is a dude from wherever the hell Lee college is and a transfer from VCU who misses more layups each game than Bryce Brown would miss 3 point attempts some nights!!! Hahaha 

If only BP had held a BBQ fam. We’d be rollin

Archived