Baseball vs UCF Game 1

Didn’t see a thread-

AU down 2-1 in T6 to UCF. 

Burns on the hill has only allowed 5 hits but 2 runs have crossed.

Auburn has gone from red hot with the bats to ice cold thus far today. Save for a Scheffler dinger.

Braylon Brown throws out the runner trying to turn a single into a double to start the inning, and Greenhill works the next two outs easily. 

UCF going to the pen. High time to get the offense going for AU! 

3-1 UCF B7

Miller K’s. Not gonna get a better chance than Ward and Bliss starting the inning with hits. AU having trouble at the plate today. Hope that’s not indicative of the rest of the weekend.

3-1 UCF T9

43 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Miller K’s. Not gonna get a better chance than Ward and Bliss starting the inning with hits. AU having trouble at the plate today. Hope that’s not indicative of the rest of the weekend.

3-1 UCF T9

This is the first team Auburn has faced so far with good SEC caliber players. Florida is overloaded with talented athletes, and UCF has a few of them.....like Pena and Gordon. It's a test-run, and our kids should benefit from facing a competitive team. 

Auburn hopefully can win the series, and that would still be a good weekend.  I didn't think Auburn would sweep this UCF team.

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I didn't think Auburn would sweep this UCF team.

Sweep, no. But I was thinking we'd win with Burns and Greenhill going. Maybe we'll hit better when we get down into their pitching a bit farther.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sweep, no. But I was thinking we'd win with Burns and Greenhill going. Maybe we'll hit better when we get down into their pitching a bit farther.

I’m expecting this to be the case.  I was frankly a little shocked in our lack of ability to hit yesterday. No, UIC and Oakland are not the same caliber teams as UCF, but our guys looked locked in for those games. Thought we’d see some dominance in non-con for a while. If you’re gonna lose, better to do so early in the season though! Hope we bounce back 

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I’m expecting this to be the case.  I was frankly a little shocked in our lack of ability to hit yesterday. No, UIC and Oakland are not the same caliber teams as UCF, but our guys looked locked in for those games. Thought we’d see some dominance in non-con for a while. If you’re gonna lose, better to do so early in the season though! Hope we bounce back 

Auburn has to make the mental adjustment because UCF always has something to prove. And they do have enough talent to make it a realistic goal. The Tigers just need to pencil UCF in as a trap game in any sport.

Archived