Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, twilli13 said:

For a team that cant hit the broad side of the barn from 3, our offense relies way too much on them. Need to start taking it to the damn hole. Tired of this mess. 

If we had the ability to do so we would. 

That's a new wrinkle. Anytime Wiley gets a post touch they are doubling. Resulted in 3 turnovers.

Jaylin not getting more minutes before the Okoro injury is one of the worst things Pearl has done in his time here. He has said multiple times that Jaylin wouldn't get the minutes because of defense and the seniors have earned their minutes. Well, one of those seniors has played really bad for most of the year and I don't think Williams' Defense is that bad. No where near as bad as some of the other players that were getting minutes.

Guys..we are at home and still cannot play cohesively. All we can hope for is that UT has expended all their energy and gimmees in the first half. CBP needs to be creative the 2nd half and changeup the lineup in hopes that it helps. It is so disheartening that each of the last several years, we lose our pivotal player down the SEC stretch. Something must change early in 2nd Half or we are done and lose our grip.

Teams sure get hot from outside against us. Some of those were not bad D. Just falling. Conversely, we can't hit a shot and haven't been able to for a while now. 

Well... Maybe we can have a nice run in the NIT. This might be the laziest performance I've seen in Auburn Arena and I saw a lot of uninspired games during the Barbee era.

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

Well... Maybe we can have a nice run in the NIT. This might be the laziest performance I've seen in Auburn Arena and I saw a lot of uninspired games during the Barbee era.

Lol nit? Dude don't be ignorant now. Get a freaking grip. Why would we play in the NIT? Lazy? There's a difference in lack of talent and not playing hard. This team plays very hard and with energy. We just have role players as starters this season besides Wiley and okoro. We have already majorly over achieved.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

It's the only open shot we are going to get. Teams don't respect us so they all just jam the lane. We just have to start hitting our shots to get defenders out of the paint.

Yes, in theory that’s a fantastic and common sense idea that should work and I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately at this point it’s obvious that’s not gonna happen. It doesn’t matter if it’s open or not if you can’t make the shots at some sort of respectable clip, and there’s more than enough evidence at this stage of the season that’s not gonna happen. I would rather play to our strengths and make someone stop us than take a chance on playing to an obvious weakness. 

Lol nit? Dude don't be ignorant now. Get a freaking grip. Why would we play in the NIT? Lazy? There's a difference in lack of talent and not playing hard. This team plays very hard and with energy. We just have role players as starters this season besides Wiley and okoro. We have already majorly over achieved.

That is important remember. We have already well over achieved. I get frustrated at times watching these games but have to remember we have won 22 games with not a ton of talent. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Yes, in theory that’s a fantastic and common sense idea that should work and I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately at this point it’s obvious that’s not gonna happen. It doesn’t matter if it’s open or not if you can’t make the shots at some sort of respectable clip, and there’s more than enough evidence at this stage of the season that’s not gonna happen. I would rather play to our strengths and make someone stop us than take a chance on playing to an obvious weakness. 

What is our strength offensively? Wiley I like down low but he is getting double teamed and turning the ball over. 

Tennessee has absolutely dictated the pace of this game. From my perspective it sure looks like we're content to sit back and shift some people around but Tennessee is pressing hard and only once have seen us adjust to what they're giving us with Doughty's back door cut.

We're getting out rebounded and throwing the ball away too much.

Yeah, NIT might be a bit of hyperbole but we certainly aren't playing NCAA tournament kinda basketball right now. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

OMG! JAYLIN EFFIN WILLIAMS!!!! LOB OFF THE GLASS IN TRAFFIC TO HIMSELF FOR THE DUNK!!!

Pulling into the house had to run to the store at half lol

4 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

What is our strength offensively? Wiley I like down low but he is getting double teamed and turning the ball over. 

I would say anything you can name is a strength over us jacking up and missing threes all game. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Just tuned in, what's been happening?

Same old song and dance

Archived