Jobs in KY?

AUBwins

Anyone live in KY and know of a job opening? Looking for Frankfort, Georgetown, Lexington, Louisville area. Sales, management, operations, inventory, procurement specialties, most attained in steel industry. 

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

@AUBwins....what's the latest on this? Been really excited for you. 

13 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

@AUBwins....what's the latest on this? Been really excited for you. 

Thanks for referencing me.  I missed the first post.  My work in Louisiana closed its doors in April (I was retained through mid May). We decided it was the perfect opportunity to leave her side of the family and relocate to the Frankfort area of Kentucky near my side of the family.  My oldest daughter is 10 so she can spend the other half of her childhood with them.  I haven't lived near my parents for 15 years and 20 for my sister as our college years overlapped.  So we are excited for a change in life in rural Kentucky compared to the urban living in Louisiana.

As of now, not much in the way of landing the job.  We're looking to be there by July 4th weekend, living with the parents until house here sells.  The reopening is slow and I'm sure opportunities will get better in the next month as they open up.  I have one that seems promising as long as the timing works out, but this is all in God's timing.  So I believe it will work if need be.  Although it is hard living the unknown, but this whole decision has been a family based God decision so we're anticipating something good.  Excited to just be there lol.  

Plus I love the ponies, Nascar,  and Dollywood.  Within an hour of the first 2 and 4 hours from the latter. 

Oh, you aren't kidding...beauty, proximity. We lived in Harrodsburg for four years (the first time) and Wilmore for one year (the second). Both close to Frankfort. You will love "home" and "home 2020"! I'll be praying for that perfect job. You'll have four distinct seasons! Please keep us posted! 

Yes, most excited about 4 distinct seasons.  Instead of humid all year long.  So when you moving back a 3rd time Haha?

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2020 at 10:56 AM, ToraGirl said:

Oh, you aren't kidding...beauty, proximity. We lived in Harrodsburg for four years (the first time) and Wilmore for one year (the second). Both close to Frankfort. You will love "home" and "home 2020"! I'll be praying for that perfect job. You'll have four distinct seasons! Please keep us posted! 

Just found out tonight I got the job as Material Coordinator at Buffalo Trace in Frankfort, KY.  Pretty stoked to get back to work.  God always provide if you trust in him.  He provided the job just in time when I needed it. I will head up next week, but my girls will still be in Louisiana for about a month.  Please say a little prayer for us in having to be apart during this transition. 

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Just found out tonight I got the job as Material Coordinator at Buffalo Trace in Frankfort, KY.  Pretty stoked to get back to work.  God always provide if you trust in him.  He provided the job just in time when I needed it. I will head up next week, but my girls will still be in Louisiana for about a month.  Please say a little prayer for us in having to be apart during this transition. 

What AUsome news! Frankfort...fabulous location! We were just a county or two over from 1990-94 and 2003-04. I am super-rejoicing with you and pumped for God's timing. (Going through that right now, myself.) You bet I will pray for your family in this season. Buffalo Trace is blessed to have you! I'm thankful for your update...I was JUST thinking about it last week! #WarBigBlue

Appreciate it Tora.  Looking forward to finally being with my parents, sister again.  Just need this virus to be tamed so we can enjoy it. Lol

56 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Appreciate it Tora.  Looking forward to finally being with my parents, sister again.  Just need this virus to be tamed so we can enjoy it. Lol

Amen! Here's my short-list of check-out when you all get on the ground. With your history, you may have done them already. 

1. Joseph-Beth Bookstore@Lexington Green

2. UK Arboretum 

3. Red River Gorge and Natural Arch...chairlift in spring! 

4. Cute Wilmore and Asbury Seminary Campus

5. Ichthus...Christian Woodstock...Wilmore, summers, if they still do it

6. Henry Clay home...Lex. Want to do Mary Todd Lincoln. 

7. Lex Public Library's downtown used book room

8 and counting... 

KY Horsepark, Mammoth Cave, Abraham Lincoln Birthplace, Bardstown, historic Harrodsburg, Louisville Slugger Museum (Inn at Woodhaven BnB), the Ark, Creation Museum (on list), Shakertown, Perryville Battlefield...and all the highways and byways especially near Irish Acres in (truthfully) Nonesuch, Ky.

I want to explore Florence/Cincinnati more, too. 

Amish area around Munfordville/Cub Run amazing, too. You are in for a blessing! 

Definitely excited to get out and about in Kentucky. Good thing is there are a lot of things that don't require mingling with others.  Good list, thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 11:18 AM, ToraGirl said:

What AUsome news! Frankfort...fabulous location! We were just a county or two over from 1990-94 and 2003-04. I am super-rejoicing with you and pumped for God's timing. (Going through that right now, myself.) You bet I will pray for your family in this season. Buffalo Trace is blessed to have you! I'm thankful for your update...I was JUST thinking about it last week! #WarBigBlue

I actually have a change in plans.  You have been following along so wanted to share that God continued working and gave me a much better job opportunity in Shelbyville, KY with a 50% increase in pay from the Buffalo Trace job. This was a big help in starting our lives anew in Kentucky. I was needing to know with this job before the end of the week before I had to get started with the job I had.  God gave me the news today. When you put God first, great things happen.  Thanks for following along. 

Congrats and Amen. God has worked literal miracles in my life over the past 8 years. Long story. But, you are 100% correct. He has far Better plans than we can imagine IF we acknowledge Him and put Him First. Be sure to continue to share how He has blessed you. He may have even bigger plans to use you as a blessing to others. May God bless you and your family!!!

On 7/23/2020 at 11:42 PM, AUBwins said:

I actually have a change in plans.  You have been following along so wanted to share that God continued working and gave me a much better job opportunity in Shelbyville, KY with a 50% increase in pay from the Buffalo Trace job. This was a big help in starting our lives anew in Kentucky. I was needing to know with this job before the end of the week before I had to get started with the job I had.  God gave me the news today. When you put God first, great things happen.  Thanks for following along. 

How AMAZING!!! His timing, timing, timing...and so easy to see at the end of the waiting game...rejoicing for you and your family. Bit closer to Mississippi for trips, possibly?

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

How AMAZING!!! His timing, timing, timing...and so easy to see at the end of the waiting game...rejoicing for you and your family. Bit closer to Mississippi for trips, possibly?

It's basically 15 mins west instead of 15 mins East.  I'm from Louisiana originally. Long drive up here for sure.  Just ready for my girls to make it up too. 

On 7/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, WarTim said:

Congrats and Amen. God has worked literal miracles in my life over the past 8 years. Long story. But, you are 100% correct. He has far Better plans than we can imagine IF we acknowledge Him and put Him First. Be sure to continue to share how He has blessed you. He may have even bigger plans to use you as a blessing to others. May God bless you and your family!!!

Thanks for the kind words. One of my prayers was for God to put me in a place to financially support my family, give a better quality of life and first and foremost be able to serve Him at my place of work.  One way is to put God as my first reference.  He knows you better than anyone right? He blessed me 13 years ago in my career going that path and ended up working for a great man.  That man brought me onto a company he switched to 8 years ago which was also the best 8 years of my career. Now I believe I've gotten at another place that they treat you like family.  Best thing about it, the companies where God is present will notice that reference as something special.  Funny story, once the HR checked my references, the owner stated he wanted to know what the first reference said! The HR lady said OK, I'll tell you in a few mins Haha. Just put Him first and watch Him work!

Amen and Amen Brother. Keep swinging for the fences. 

Archived