Lane Kiffin says

tigeraddikt

Since the article is not posted and going by the title, I think Lane is taking a shot at Saban for his decision to play Tua in the MSU game when it was totally in control.  JMO.

Kiffin is living in a fantasy world. Name the last time Tua was healthy toward the end of a season. He unfortunately appears prone to injuries. Hate it for him cause he seems a decent enough person. Rose of the Bulls had the same issue. Poor guy just could never get or stay healthy for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 12:27 PM, AUGunsmith said:

Healthy tua turns it into a 3+ score victory for Alabama. Uat was able to move the ball at will with a backup, game manager, not a stud QB.

Totally possible, but I disagree. I don't think Tua would have been THAT much more productive than Mac Jones was. He and Waddell had a thing going that game.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:27 PM, AUGunsmith said:

Healthy tua turns it into a 3+ score victory for Alabama. Uat was able to move the ball at will with a backup, game manager, not a stud QB.

I have to disagree. Bama pretty much did move at will, to the tune of more than 500 yards of total offense. And Jones completed two thirds of his passes for four TD's...and two interceptions, one of which was miraculous. Might Tua have done better? Sure. Maybe. But injuries are part of the game, not much different that when AU went to UGA with a banged up Sean White and Kerryon Johnson.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:10 PM, CleCoTiger said:

I have to disagree. Bama pretty much did move at will, to the tune of more than 500 yards of total offense. And Jones completed two thirds of his passes for four TD's...and two interceptions, one of which was miraculous. Might Tua have done better? Sure. Maybe. But injuries are part of the game, not much different that when AU went to UGA with a banged up Sean White and Kerryon Johnson.

Blah blah injuries arent the point of topic. A decent QB with 3 1st round stud WRs and a freak animal at RB put up silly numbers. If you dont think a 1st round draft pick would have done better you're homer is showing. 

14 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Blah blah injuries arent the point of topic. A decent QB with 3 1st round stud WRs and a freak animal at RB put up silly numbers. If you dont think a 1st round draft pick would have done better you're homer is showing. 

Tua's injury is exactly the point of the topic. The whole topic is "If Tua hadn't been hurt..."

Amazing how AU fans, some of 'em anyway, will make excuses for other teams based on injury but will cut our own Tigers no slack.

Regardless of it all. go back and check the stats on last year's Iron Bowl. Jones was pretty spectacular. Could Tua have done better? Maybe. But then again, maybe not. None of us will ever know.

3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Amazing how AU fans, some of 'em anyway, will make excuses for other teams based on injury but will cut our own Tigers no slack.

It’s not if injuries happen, it’s how the coaching staff reacts to those injuries that counts.  Is there a viable replacements available is the key.  I would say Jones was a viable replacement for Tua.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s not if injuries happen, it’s how the coaching staff reacts to those injuries that counts.  Is there a viable replacements available is the key.  I would say Jones was a viable replacement for Tua.

I'd say you are right. Jones was definitely prepared. If he'd been any more "viable" that day, bama might have had more than 600 yards (instead of 515) and won the game.  As an aside, I think bama is in good shape at QB with Jones. He may be unseated as starter, but if he is...wow.

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'd say you are right. Jones was definitely prepared. If he'd been any more "viable" that day, bama might have had more than 600 yards (instead of 515) and won the game.  As an aside, I think bama is in good shape at QB with Jones. He may be unseated as starter, but if he is...wow.

This year will be unprecedented in terms of who is prepared and who isn’t.  How each school handles the COVID-19 guidelines will me interesting to watch.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, tigeraddikt said:

Totally possible, but I disagree. I don't think Tua would have been THAT much more productive than Mac Jones was. He and Waddell had a thing going that game.

You are correct sir. Waddle kept AU from blowing out Bama. We were able to keep all their other receivers in check, but no one could guard Waddle.

It didn't have much to do with who was QBing. Throw it up and watch Waddle come down with it all day long.

Archived