PM: Coynis Miller no longer on team

Barnacle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh sucks to lose a body but if we had to I’m fine with it being from the D-line. RG don’t put up with nonsense I trust his call. 

2 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Ehh sucks to lose a body but if we had to I’m fine with it being from the D-line. RG don’t put up with nonsense I trust his call. 

What is it with these DTs, that are great in HS, highly recruited, and then can't seem to finish well at AU? 

Coe and now Miller....their performances were subpar for the most part at Auburn.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I have a hard time believing a guy that got mad over being told to wear a helmet would’ve been a major contributer anyways. Adios 

Getting mad wasn't so much the issue. His reaction and consequent actions were

Hate to see it but I believe, and have always believed, that RG is the best DL coach in the business.  If a kid thinks he can do better elsewhere so be it.  Wish him the best and next man up.  

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

What is it with these DTs, that are great in HS, highly recruited, and then can't seem to finish well at AU? 

Coe and now Miller....their performances were subpar for the most part at Auburn.

For one, RG is not a coach for everyone. He shows tough love, is not going to coddle you, and he’s going to to demand your best, even if what he has to say hurts your feelings. Playing for RG, you have to focus and not let things get under your skin or affect your play, and not everyone is built up to that. But there’s a reason that year after year, at least one position group, it feels like we just reload. RG’s ability to help flip the “be great switch” in a player has seemed second to none.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I have a hard time believing a guy that got mad over being told to wear a helmet would’ve been a major contributer anyways. Adios 

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Getting mad wasn't so much the issue. His reaction and consequent actions were

More to this, then?

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

4dry6q.gif

Are you allowed to elaborate what happened or why you said last year it was surprising he stayed?

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Given that for every one of those guys we seem to have 2 or 3 highly recruited DT's who make it to the NFL I personally am not losing sleep over it.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

More to this, then?

From what I hear it just sounds like the guy was not putting forth much work ethic. Happens. I guess they got him to stay hoping that with the starting lineup wide open might motivate him to finally play to his potential.

19 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

why you said last year it was surprising he stayed?

He was leaving last year on his own but RG convinced him to stay

s***, I thought he was a legit, about to break out and be a stud. No idea what went down. I am a nosey one. If anyone wants to pm me....

this was my defensive man crush top candidate too. 

He jerked us around during his recruitment. He's never seemed to totally buy into the team. His effort has been called into question more than once, usually by teammates. A waste of talent, but I think we're better off with him gone.

I hope he finds another place, comes to terms with himself and can right his ship.

12 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Hate to see it but I believe, and have always believed, that RG is the best DL coach in the business.  If a kid thinks he can do better elsewhere so be it.  Wish him the best and next man up.  

I’m going to offer maybe a different thought on the matter.   I’m not saying that this particular situation didn’t deserve the action that was taken.   

What if we had a different DL coach that didn’t have the same personality as CRG and was able to turn players like Miller, Coe, Cowart and others that were 4 and 5 star players into All SEC caliber players?   I understand that players leave all the time, and there are players that don’t fit with the program.   Could the issue be with the position coach?  Or is it the player?   I think it could be a little of both, and I’m always curious to know if someone else was the coach how would players respond.

Archived